PDA

View Full Version : Artist Mix and Advanced Edition

Philwade
08-11-2016, 04:56 AM
I am about to upgrade my clients TC8000 to AE. I am aware that the Behringer mixer and the LiveMixer software they are currently running will no longer work. I am looking at replacing the Behringer with an Avid Artist Mix. I wondered if anyone was aware of any bugs with the Artist Mix and the latest version of AE? Are you able to change the names of the channels as they appear on the Artist display to match the TC8000? I also needed to double check it is possible to re-order the faders on each page of the Artist so I can put the primary faders all on page 1 and if this will stay fixed to the TC generally (as per LiveMixer) or if it needs setting up for each new session?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Phil

Anthony Hunt
09-13-2016, 03:30 PM
I had lots of problems on a previous release of AE2. Went back to the studio today and upgraded to the current AE2 and the latest Avid Artist 64bit driver (not upgraded the Artist firmware though) and everything appears to be working properly.

I'm doing a full power up tomorrow and will post if anything goes wrong!

stoecklem
09-14-2016, 07:50 AM
are the mute and solo buttons working for you? I tested this recently with updated drivers and a recent AE 2. Everything seemed to be working except for those.

Anthony Hunt
09-14-2016, 08:48 AM
I've just tested mine and the answer is no. I wish the channel names from tricaster would propagate down too.