PDA

View Full Version : Allegorithmic Substance

BigHache
08-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Just curious if there are plans to include connections to Substances within the next release of LightWave. Substance Painter and Designer are becoming (have become?) industry standard tools and it would be great to be able to use Substances directly within LightWave.

CaptainMarlowe
08-10-2016, 05:30 AM
Oh yes, that would be a huge step ahead. They never spoke about that, but hopefully, the next PBR render engine will be a first step towards substance integration. It is ma main if not only, suite of tools for texturing nowadays.
BTW, hope you're doing well. ;)

hrgiger
08-10-2016, 01:59 PM
One could hope. At the very least, I'm hoping that LW next has a metalness workflow for texturing. Lino indicated it did but I'll wait to see it before I take that for certain.

BigHache
08-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Oh yes, that would be a huge step ahead... BTW, hope you're doing well. ;)

I am, thank you. Hope all is well with you as well.

There was a video on AdTube I watched a while back where a gentleman from Allegorithmic had mentioned (albeit briefly) LightWave in applications they were developing for. It's been almost a year since I saw that and haven't heard a peep since.

And to be honest, as much as I have enjoyed VPR, the viewport needs to display Substances.