PDA

View Full Version : Outlook mail getting worse or better? Your views and experiences?

prometheus
08-08-2016, 04:36 PM
I am dissapointed on how outlook hotmail (web) has been reshaped, I really prefered the old hotmail UI and some functions, before it became outlook, some of my annoyances are..

1. The log out button, previously it was visible as a direct logout button/link, no hiding no fuzz, easy and fast logout.
2. The log out function...it is now hidden under the account settings, and it is even slower than before, I think itīs been an ongoing process to make the outlook newer, and with that it has become slower when going to the account button logout, it has to load flash commercials, and it sometimes feel like forever ( whell waiting several seconds for it to react for logging out is in relation for ever)

3. The search functions has been harder to work with, you can not go back and erase search strings like it used to work.

4. The message senders mail adress is harder to track down and copy if needed.

5. The non graphic and non field divided messages, or categories in folders makes it harder to read. (this seem to be a general design trend, to make it simpler and cleaner) but I donīt like it.

So what do you folks think?

Rayek
08-15-2016, 05:53 PM
I never liked the hotmail online GUI myself, and the new one is worse. The only reason I have an account is because one of the places I work at uses it. Otherwise, I stay well clear of it. I prefer both Gmail and Yahoo Mail.

50one
08-27-2016, 01:48 AM
I thought that outlook would a real competitor to gmail but after spending a while with it, I can honestly say that outlook.com is a piece of garbage.

1) adding additional inboxes(got couple of buisness emails) - waiting time/sending time can be around 20 minutes (Imagine you're waiting for a very important email)
2) Sometimes it just blocks your access for no apparent reason and ask to re-confirm everything with a code send to your "recovery" email

The above was a deal-breaker for me so went back to gmail, not very happy but at least everything works the way it should.