PDA

View Full Version : What ever 'NEXT'?.

cove
08-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Just want to give my take on what could happen over the next 12 months regarding the next release of Lightwave.
Im assuming that the blackout will be ongoing for some time.

Currently we have a complete blackout for what ever reason.
Some members say that it is about 4 months since the last post.
Which leads me to comment as follows.

Im not shore that i want to see a new Rob posting because if what he says is something like this ------

Just letting you know that we are working hard on the new Lightwave still a few issues to resolve. Advertising etc also well in hand.
Post more info as soon as i can.

Fair enough even a statement similar to this would be most welcome at this time.

But what this latest post [if posted] means is that its virtually garranties there will NOT be another post for another 4 months.
Which takes us to November 2016.
If we then get another post from Rob but sounding a bit more optimistic eg.-----

Hi guys. We have overcome troublesome issues and are now in the last stage to completion. Post more info soon.

Again another 4 months passes which brings us to about March 2017.

Yet another post from Rob but exciting news this time.------

Hello again and great news.
We will be publicly announcing and presenting our new version of lightwave at Siggragh 2017 later this year.
If you want more info then contact us and want to attend Siggraph we will be happy to provide free tickets to the event.

Based on the present situation its looks likely "Siggraph 2017".

If the new Lightwave does come out well before the next Siggraph then ill be glad to eat my words.

Prince Charming
08-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Just want to give my take on what could happen over the next 12 months regarding the next release of Lightwave.
Im assuming that the blackout will be ongoing for some time.

Currently we have a complete blackout for what ever reason.
Some members say that it is about 4 months since the last post.
Which leads me to comment as follows.

Im not shore that i want to see a new Rob posting because if what he says is something like this ------

Just letting you know that we are working hard on the new Lightwave still a few issues to resolve. Advertising etc also well in hand.
Post more info as soon as i can.

Fair enough even a statement similar to this would be most welcome at this time.

But what this latest post [if posted] means is that its virtually garranties there will NOT be another post for another 4 months.
Which takes us to November 2016.
If we then get another post from Rob but sounding a bit more optimistic eg.-----

Hi guys. We have overcome troublesome issues and are now in the last stage to completion. Post more info soon.

Again another 4 months passes which brings us to about March 2017.

Yet another post from Rob but exciting news this time.------

Hello again and great news.
We will be publicly announcing and presenting our new version of lightwave at Siggragh 2017 later this year.
If you want more info then contact us and want to attend Siggraph we will be happy to provide free tickets to the event.

Based on the present situation its looks likely "Siggraph 2017".

If the new Lightwave does come out well before the next Siggraph then ill be glad to eat my words.
i am going to the sure "next" week ;)

jasonwestmas
08-05-2016, 05:48 PM
How about "we just don't give a hoot. You'll like the new lightwave or you won't". That's all I gather from all of this. :)

wesleycorgi
08-05-2016, 06:00 PM
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?150949-2-ads-with-Lightwave-Cows-and-Octopus&p=1477664&viewfull=1#post1477664

I wanted to respond to let everyone know that things are going very well but we are all heads down working hard and focusing on making the new features and workflows as solid as possible and squashing bugs for the next release. We are not horribly far away but we want to take the time needed to make the release as strong as possible considering the significant architectural foundational work that will be part of the release .

Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.

erikals
08-06-2016, 05:35 AM
http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?150949-2-ads-with-Lightwave-Cows-and-Octopus&p=1477664&viewfull=1#post1477664
yes, new info was finally given yesterday.