PDA

View Full Version : images content folder

08-02-2016, 07:36 AM
hello to everyone,
I've tried to search something similar before but I haven't found solution so I'm asking here:
I commonly use a mapped network shared folder where I have all the bitmap libraries for textures.
like: Y:\images
then I have different subfolder for each category like: "floors", "walls", "woods"... and so on.
all these datas are stored on a Ubuntu server

I've setup a custom path for that in layout and things working fine, I have to say perfectly
one day layout starts to ask me where the images are located because it wasn't able to find images in SUBfolders
expecially when I press f12 from layout to modeler
so it recognize images folder but it doesn't recognize subfolders... very strange..

I haven't changed nothing in my whole system...

and this thing is driving me crazy...

any suggestion?

thanks alot!

AS

Snosrap
08-07-2016, 08:35 PM
I don't see why you would have issues with that file structure. Some people like to have Y:\ProjectName\Images\Objects\etc., and only object files and images belonging to that particular project reside there. I have done that on occasion, but generally just work from one big file structure with sub files in my scene directory for the project. If at any time the need to transfer the assets for that particular project arises I use Package Scene to do so.