PDA

View Full Version : LW9.6 radiosity and normal mapping not working

Revanto
08-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something but I tried lighting a lowpoly object in LW9.6 purely using radiosity from objects in the scene (IE a HDRI globe I created) and there was no normal mapping on my object. Yes, normal mapping was applied and , yes, it did work under normal lighting conditions.

I would prefer to stick with using an object for the HDRI lighting rather than image world because it's easier to adjust for me.

Any info or tips?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Revanto :p

Thomas Leitner
08-01-2016, 03:30 AM
Hi,
be sure to check "Use Bump" in your Global Illumination settings (I donīt have LW 9.6 anymore. I hope itīs the same there...).

ciao
Thomas

Revanto
08-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Hi,
be sure to check "Use Bump" in your Global Illumination settings (I donīt have LW 9.6 anymore. I hope itīs the same there...).

ciao
Thomas

Thanks, Thomas!

I did try it and there was a difference but I'm not sure if it's giving my the result I want. It's probably my model and scene setup, though. I might have to do a simpler test.

I appreciate your reply and help.

Once again, thank you.

Cheers,
Revanto :p

RebelHill
08-01-2016, 11:06 AM
If youre using interpolated GI it wont shade bumps very well, you'll need to use brute force.

gerry_g
08-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Also mip mapping being on can knock out normal mapping because mip mapping is sensitive to the focal length of the lens/distance of object to camera