PDA

View Full Version : 2 ads with Lightwave: Cows and Octopus

leandropedrouzo
07-31-2016, 05:04 PM
Hello people!
Here I am bringing you our two last projects at Juan Solo VFX Studio (http://www.juansolo.com.ar).

Here is Mc Donalds Cows (https://vimeo.com/176208286)

Here is AllState Octopus (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlyUQm7_zGc)

Again with realistic animals (in case you forgot, here is our rooster (https://vimeo.com/128599435))

All of them with Lightwave, I am an old LW user... at least until now.

Hope you like it!

js33
07-31-2016, 10:41 PM
Great work. I really liked the cows. What about the chocolates and ice cream in the McD commercial, were they done with cg or live shots?

leandropedrouzo
07-31-2016, 10:45 PM
Those were live shots.
The only CG were the cows (2 in front in the first shot are real, the ones in the bg are 3d, rest of the shots obviously all 3d)

Hail
08-01-2016, 01:35 AM
Wow! Great work. Well done

lardbros
08-01-2016, 05:53 AM
I remember the rooster. Great work!
When you say "at least until now". Does this mean you no longer use LightWave?

The octopus animation is very short, but looks photoreal. Aby clues as to how you animated him?

Keep up the good work! :)

MAUROCOR
08-01-2016, 06:56 AM
Very nice, Profe! Congrats!
The octopus is great and I would like to see more.
Felicitaciones, enviá mis saludos a Zampa.
;)

leandropedrouzo
08-01-2016, 08:42 AM
Thank you all!
For the octopus we animated around 6 seconds but they edited it. I used splines to animate the tentacles.

I made that comment about LW because I am honestly dissapointed. I am tired of praying for third party developers to release a LW version, and tired of being always behind compared to other softwares. I am tired of looking for a trick or a overly complicated scheme to perform taks that are common in other platforms. I am tired of thinking "how an I going to do this". I know LW is fast, and is too comfortable for me, I've used it for over 20 years. Newtek atittude in the last few months have set the last nail in the coffin. I was going to leave LW in the CORE age,but Rob Powers move convinced me otherwise. I am again considering to migrate to other platform. Sorry for the off topic.

Thanks Mauriņo, un abrazp!

ncr100
08-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Thank you all!
For the octopus we animated around 6 seconds but they edited it. I used splines to animate the tentacles.

It is very nice! Both - the Cows remind me of Cyriak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY

I made that comment about LW because I am honestly dissapointed. I am tired of praying for third party developers to release a LW version, and tired of being always behind compared to other softwares. I am tired of looking for a trick or a overly complicated scheme to perform taks that are common in other platforms. I am tired of thinking "how an I going to do this". I know LW is fast, and is too comfortable for me, I've used it for over 20 years. Newtek atittude in the last few months have set the last nail in the coffin. I was going to leave LW in the CORE age,but Rob Powers move convinced me otherwise. I am again considering to migrate to other platform. Sorry for the off topic.

LW3DG has a lot of room they can improve their product / marketing! It's really puzzling why the silence .. the newsletters have felt impersonal IMO. Still your team (just you?) have been making some very neat stuff!

js33
08-01-2016, 09:07 PM
Thank you all!

Believe me you are not alone with being tired of the workarounds and shortcomings of LW as well as liking and feeling comfortable with it. I think a lot of people here still use Lightwave for most things but move to other apps for the things LW is not so good at.

leandropedrouzo
08-01-2016, 09:16 PM
It is very nice! Both - the Cows remind me of Cyriak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY

LW3DG has a lot of room they can improve their product / marketing! It's really puzzling why the silence .. the newsletters have felt impersonal IMO. Still your team (just you?) have been making some very neat stuff!

Actually Cyriak was the reference for this Spot. The director and I wanted to go a bit more realistic but the client loved the ref.

samurai_x
08-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Thank you all!

Nice projects. The octopus looks good.

The silence is killing the hardcore lw users.
It only takes 5 minutes to post something like, "We're working hard on x tools for lightwave next", "Progressing on x feature that hopefully will make it in lightwave next".
If its too far off to release date then its better to tell the user base so they will just wait patiently and come back for info in a few months rather than having damaging/negative speculation threads that keep popping up. This is simple positive marketting.

leandropedrouzo
08-01-2016, 09:18 PM
Believe me you are not alone with being tired of the workarounds and shortcomings of LW as well as liking and feeling comfortable with it. I think a lot of people here still use Lightwave for most things but move to other apps for the things LW is not so good at.

I don't want to turn this post into a rant but it's nice to hear that I'm not alone, considering also that I am (or was?) a mega-ultra-hard LW user.

js33
08-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Understand we have other threads for that.

leandropedrouzo
08-01-2016, 09:30 PM

It only takes 5 minutes to post something like, "We're working hard on x tools for lightwave next", "Progressing on x feature that hopefully will make it in lightwave next".
If its too far off to release date then its better to tell the user base so they will just wait patiently and come back for info in a few months rather than having damaging/negative speculation threads that keep popping up. This is simple positive marketting.

IMO marketing is the drop that spilled the glass, but the current main problem is the difficult in playing/intereacting/integrating with other softs/technologies. Maybe 20 years ago it was perfectly fine for Newtek to go solo, but in 2016 you cannot go by yourself, unless you are a giant or you have a name so big that all the other companies want to work with you.

Thanks for your comment. We will release in a couple of days a breakdown/making reel for some projects and these will be included.

50one
08-02-2016, 01:39 AM
Very cool work! Thanks fr posting.

Farhad_azer
08-02-2016, 09:39 AM
absolutley amazing. thanks and keep doing stuffs like these.

pnelson
08-03-2016, 08:36 AM
The cow video link didn't work but the Octopus looks fantastic!

geoff3dnz
08-03-2016, 06:39 PM
The reason you can't see the cow video is because it has been pulled, due to being a blatant rip-off of UK artist Cyriak. It goes far further than "inspired by" I'm afraid.

See here: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/advertising/mcdonalds-pulls-commercial-copied-work-animator-cyriak-142092.html

Waves of light
08-04-2016, 06:58 AM
Whoops - this is probably why the link to the Cow animation doesn't work right now:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/08/03/animator-accuses-mcdonalds-ad-of-copying-work/87994500/

rdolishny
08-04-2016, 09:05 AM
Sorry to hear the Cyriac found your cow animation and you pulled it. Who 'inspired' the octopus? It's one thing to be 'inspired' by another artist without payment, but quite a bad move to publicize it.

50one
08-04-2016, 09:07 AM
The reason you can't see the cow video is because it has been pulled, due to being a blatant rip-off of UK artist Cyriak. It goes far further than "inspired by" I'm afraid.

See here: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/advertising/mcdonalds-pulls-commercial-copied-work-animator-cyriak-142092.html

...I could swear I've seen this somewhere and though maybe it was one of those viral videos someone did on YT.

Spinland
08-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Huh. Quite uncool.

DISCLAIMER: not casting judgement, only commenting on what appears to be a mess.

MAUROCOR
08-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Hey, sorry to hear that, Leandro! I hope everything goes well to everybody. Lamento muchisimo!

OnlineRender
08-04-2016, 04:48 PM
can't believe they took a screen shot with the crappy forum skin on......

lessons to be learnt here ... tough break

js33
08-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I withdraw my previous compliments in light of the huge scandal that has developed. :tsktsk:

robpowers3d
08-05-2016, 05:53 PM

I wanted to respond to let everyone know that things are going very well but we are all heads down working hard and focusing on making the new features and workflows as solid as possible and squashing bugs for the next release. We are not horribly far away but we want to take the time needed to make the release as strong as possible considering the significant architectural foundational work that will be part of the release .

Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.

Chris S. (Fez)
08-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave and much of that is due to their confidence in the future release and I'm confident that many more shows will follow their lead.

We are working on an update blog post in the near future so keep an eye out for that.

Awesome. Thanks Rob.

erikals
08-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Also, I'm sure that many of you have seen that the new Star Trek show is using LightWave...

they need to fix that render, it's receiving quite a lot of negative critique.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=1388681

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxba2WjlN90

we all know LightWave can output Much better render quality, even with the old render engine.

jasonwestmas
08-05-2016, 09:25 PM

we all know LightWave can output Much better render quality, even with the old render engine.

Need to fix the sound and camera angles too.

Schwyhart
08-05-2016, 09:40 PM
First of all, thank you Rob for posting! Seems like all features for this release are set and are now being polished. Makes me think by the end of this year it will release.

Second, I'm very excited about the new Star Trek TV series, but that trailer looks like it's for a game. What's up with that?!
I thought they would use the ending shot of the latest Star Trek movie where the ship is being pieced together. Two birds with one stone, you know?

*EDIT*
Seems as though this was just a rendered out concept animation. Probably something they cooked up really fast for ComiCon.

samurai_x
08-05-2016, 11:16 PM
I wanted to respond to let everyone know that things are going very well but we are all heads down working hard and focusing on making the new features and workflows as solid as possible and squashing bugs for the next release. We are not horribly far away but we want to take the time needed to make the release as strong as possible considering the significant architectural foundational work that will be part of the release .

Thanks Rob. I will wait. That post is enough for me. Much better than deafening silence.

js33
08-05-2016, 11:21 PM

I thought it was the ship design every one was bashing because they made the Enterprise look like a Klingon ship.

S0nny
08-06-2016, 01:34 AM

Thanks!

danielkaiser
08-06-2016, 01:38 AM
I thought it was the ship design every one was bashing because they made the Enterprise look like a Klingon ship.

The ship and the name of the show are problematic. Star Trek Discovery, forever to be known as STD or why does it hurt when I vent my plasma conduit.

js33
08-06-2016, 01:42 AM
The ship and the name of the show are problematic. Star Trek Discovery, forever to be known as STD or why does it hurt when I vent my plasma conduit.

Hehehehe. Yeah that will be a problem. I imagine it's too late to change the name though so they will just have to live with it.

Ztreem
08-06-2016, 02:22 AM

Thanks Rob!

erikals
08-06-2016, 04:26 AM

some of the comments are on the ship design itself, some like it, some don't. personally i kinda like it.
the design was made by Ralf McQuarrie.

comments on the render quality however....

- I thought it was a realtime rendered sequence using a game engine from some upcoming Star Trek game.
- This is for real. It was released at Comic Con. I was also a bit shocked by the CGI quality.
- some fan film from 2002 level CGI.
- I'm also a bit stunned at the poor quality CGI. Is the budget non-existent for this show?
- It looks worse than 2010's video games.
- Wow, that is some of the WORST CGI I have EVER seen

i'll stop there.

"The official channel just pulled their video" ...So hopefully we'll see better renders in not too long.

js33
08-06-2016, 04:39 AM
People are very demanding of quality today. Were those comments from 3D people who are of course very quality conscious.

erikals
08-06-2016, 05:14 AM
People are very demanding of quality today.
true, so cutting the quality level is not a smart choice.

MAUROCOR
08-06-2016, 05:52 AM

Thank you for the information, Rob. As you may know people here are very impatient and nervous about all this silence about LWNext, so any little information you can give is very welcome.

Norka
08-06-2016, 06:51 AM
Had Rob not posted, I would have kept thinking the release was imminent.. any day... now, based on his wording, I do not expect it, at all, for months yet... Maybe ignorance was bliss?...

fishhead
08-06-2016, 09:58 AM

Well, good to hear that you guys are still around :-\
I was really worrying quite much already. Pretty sure tons of others also.
Yet, I still do worry a bit... The community - well, I anyway - would surely be very thankful for a bit more info reassuring that development is still an ongoing process...
Donīt get me wrong: I know we all have no right whatsoever to demand anything at all. it is just you guys laid out the crumbs and all of a sudden just stopped feeding without any explanation...
Not good... :-\ But you probably recognized that yourself already...

djwaterman
08-06-2016, 12:09 PM
some of the comments are on the ship design itself, some like it, some don't. personally i kinda like it.
the design was made by Ralf McQuarrie.

comments on the render quality however....

- I thought it was a realtime rendered sequence using a game engine from some upcoming Star Trek game.
- This is for real. It was released at Comic Con. I was also a bit shocked by the CGI quality.
- some fan film from 2002 level CGI.
- I'm also a bit stunned at the poor quality CGI. Is the budget non-existent for this show?
- It looks worse than 2010's video games.
- Wow, that is some of the WORST CGI I have EVER seen

i'll stop there.

"The official channel just pulled their video" ...So hopefully we'll see better renders in not too long.

It seems pretty obvious to me that this is an illustrated look. like a cartoon, not photo real 3D, so it's some sort of stylistic choice for the teaser or Comic Con, or the show is going to be an animated cartoon. But I really don't think it is just bad CG, even rank amateurs would not present that as a photo real render, not these days. if you look at it as a cartoon it's actually pretty cool.

50one
08-06-2016, 12:30 PM
I like how that light makes that sfx when turned on.
Whoever directed this wasn't really concerned about quality and the explanations about (we had only xx time to do this is lame excuse), should have wait and release something that looks very decent.
This looks like game cinematic from 6 years ago.

I would rather see a shot from the deck with someone looking at a giant screen maybe some voiceover and a logo, enough to build interest and hype.

prometheus
08-06-2016, 12:45 PM

Rob ..Nice to hear, but I missed this post ..I heard about it in some other thread but had to look around to find it, I would suggest to post this in a direct new post or in the posts more related to "what is going on" still better than nothing
(I guess it must feel like this for you ...no matter how I do it it comes out wrong sometimes) :)

Itīs just that when you put out the info in a specific thead about ads with lightwave, it may fall under the radar for those who wantīs to know a bit more of what is going on., itīs just a minor suggestion to consider and no big deal I reckon your post will be spread anyway...but a little slower.

Star Trek seem to be an everlasting series going on for ever, and it is "Fascinating" to see how it can adapt and embrace so many facettes of how we behave as humans, explorations, and scientific questions....Itīs a lot that appeals to so many of us, and yes..it is no wonder they employ lightwave in the pipeline, itīs excellent for space shots in terms of both rendering and speed and easy creation of content.

No need to respond on this post, just keep working on the next release to get it stable.

PROMETHEUS JUMPGATE TO LIGHTWAVE....
http://michaeli65.wix.com/prometheus

Michael

gamedesign1
08-06-2016, 01:04 PM

Thanks Rob, its great to hear LightWave Next is still in development and that everything is going well.
LightWave is such a great product and I can't wait to see where is goes next :)
Thanks again for the communication :)

erikals
08-06-2016, 03:40 PM
It seems pretty obvious to me that this is an illustrated look.
i agree.

if you look at it as a cartoon it's actually pretty cool.
it's in the eye of the beholder, personally i know that render could've looked much better.

anyway, they pulled it, and did state that they are working on a new one.

robpowers3d
08-06-2016, 10:46 PM
The amazing team that they have put together for this show will make that a non-issue. The team is a who's who of the top LightWave talent in the Los Angeles area. It is my understanding that that image was a rush job done in a crazy short time as a proof of concept type thing and I'm being told that the actual show will be stunning.

robpowers3d
08-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Had Rob not posted, I would have kept thinking the release was imminent.. any day... now, based on his wording, I do not expect it, at all, for months yet... Maybe ignorance was bliss?...

It was not my intention to specifically comment on the timeframe so I would not read too much into that.

robpowers3d
08-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Well, good to hear that you guys are still around :-\
I was really worrying quite much already. Pretty sure tons of others also.
Yet, I still do worry a bit... The community - well, I anyway - would surely be very thankful for a bit more info reassuring that development is still an ongoing process...
Donīt get me wrong: I know we all have no right whatsoever to demand anything at all. it is just you guys laid out the crumbs and all of a sudden just stopped feeding without any explanation...
Not good... :-\ But you probably recognized that yourself already...

Yes, speaking for myself I certainly ackknowlege and share your frustration about this and will do my very best to improve the situation.

robpowers3d
08-06-2016, 11:00 PM
Rob ..Nice to hear, but I missed this post ..I heard about it in some other thread but had to look around to find it, I would suggest to post this in a direct new post or in the posts more related to "what is going on" still better than nothing
(I guess it must feel like this for you ...no matter how I do it it comes out wrong sometimes) :)

Itīs just that when you put out the info in a specific thead about ads with lightwave, it may fall under the radar for those who wantīs to know a bit more of what is going on., itīs just a minor suggestion to consider and no big deal I reckon your post will be spread anyway...but a little slower.

Star Trek seem to be an everlasting series going on for ever, and it is "Fascinating" to see how it can adapt and embrace so many facettes of how we behave as humans, explorations, and scientific questions....Itīs a lot that appeals to so many of us, and yes..it is no wonder they employ lightwave in the pipeline, itīs excellent for space shots in terms of both rendering and speed and easy creation of content.

No need to respond on this post, just keep working on the next release to get it stable.

PROMETHEUS JUMPGATE TO LIGHTWAVE....
http://michaeli65.wix.com/prometheus

Michael

My intention is to forumulate a more formal communication on this but I had surgery last Thursday and have needed a few days for recovering (all is well) and I did not want to wait to get the message out so I figured I'd start with these direct posts to directly answer these individual concerns.

js33
08-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Hi Rob,

Glad to hear you are recovering. As you know the natives are restless in here. Things will get smoother in here when you start communicating more formally and more often as we near release.

erikals
08-07-2016, 01:06 AM
The amazing team that they have put together for this show will make that a non-issue. The team is a who's who of the top LightWave talent in the Los Angeles area. It is my understanding that that image was a rush job done in a crazy short time as a proof of concept type thing and I'm being told that the actual show will be stunning.
yes, true, i heard that too.

on the opposite side i coincidentally ran into the LightWave render yesterday, and the first thing that popped up in my head was... Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jhRpm6oW8Q

I had surgery last Thursday and have needed a few days for recovering (all is well)
you are the best thing that happened to LightWave in 20 years so don't go anywhere. (and no, that's not bs, i mean it)

prometheus
08-07-2016, 01:31 AM
Get well Rob! and letīs hope to see you will be back att full strength later.

Norka
08-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Thanks for responding to us Rob! Keep doing so, if you can. Get well!

Octane 3.1 and beyond is going to open up some incredible possibilities, and I truly hope that LW is going to be able to facilitate every last one of these. Juanjo is a huge fan of Houdini's SDK, and says it is a dream to work with... hopefully new LW architecture/sdk will be comparable, so that he can take LW there.. and also so that even more devs will want to make (professional) plugs for LW.

darkChief
08-07-2016, 08:28 AM

Always great to hear from the Lightwave team. I'm really looking forward to all the core changes, especially the SDK.

Big fan! You guys are always an inspiration.

fishhead
08-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Thx for your time, Rob. We reallly appreciate it. but most important: Get well soon!

rdolishny
08-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Quite a thread you picked to hijack. We were discussing plagarism and Cyriak's cow animation and the problem with using the Newtek forum to promote something that was stolen.

MAUROCOR
08-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Quite a thread you picked to hijack. We were discussing plagarism and Cyriak's cow animation and the problem with using the Newtek forum to promote something that was stolen.

You are using hard words to describe that, aren't you? What you know is only some part of the story, so please, donīt be so hard.

jeric_synergy
08-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Get well Rob, but this IS a weird thread to have posted in. I'm blaming post-surgical drugs.

hrgiger
08-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Get well soon Rob.

robpowers3d
08-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Get well Rob, but this IS a weird thread to have posted in. I'm blaming post-surgical drugs.

LOL. Yes point taken but it was a thread where the concerns were raised so I replied in the same thread. Thanks everyone for your well wishes!

Rollie Hudson
08-08-2016, 09:53 PM
LOL. Yes point taken but it was a thread where the concerns were raised so I replied in the same thread. Thanks everyone for your well wishes!

Hang tight, Rob. Get well soon!

We know you guys are working hard and, yes, some of the town folk are banging on the gate a bit with pitchforks and torches. But it's all born out of love. ;-)

Good news that the new ST crew are cranking away with LW too. Can't wait to get my hands on it (but only when you're done baking it in the point-oven, as it were).

After all, as Orson once said, 'there can be no wine... before its time.'

robpowers3d
09-15-2016, 09:43 AM
Do not be discouraged in this moment. There will be information coming as soon as possible but right now I will say that things are looking very exciting for LightWave and you have a team here working very hard to ensure the best for the LightWave community and we are excited about sharing many more details when the time is right..

gamedesign1
09-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Do not be discouraged in this moment. There will be information coming as soon as possible but right now I will say that things are looking very exciting for LightWave and you have a team here working very hard to ensure the best for the LightWave community and we are excited about sharing many more details when the time is right..

Thanks for the update Rob. I have hope for LightWave again now :) So keen to see what is actually being included in the next release :)

Ztreem
09-15-2016, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the update Rob!

Spinland
09-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Very glad for the update, Rob, but feel compelled to quibble about the process that led to your dispensing it. Why here, why now? Could a simple "relax, my droogs, good stuff coming soon!" post on your blog have been any more time consuming than how you did this? Man, I love LW and I would gleefully sacrifice small furry animals to insure its success, but you guys seem rather tone deaf to some very basic principles. Just a little crumb, even a "wait and see" crumb, please?

samurai_x
09-17-2016, 12:53 AM

Rob must be subscribed to this thread.
Coming soon? Like a movie? :D

Verlon
09-18-2016, 05:41 PM

Get well soon.

Just don't feel bad when I apply the same approach to buying the new update.
"Do not be discouraged in this moment. There will be a check coming as soon as possible, but right now I will say that things are looking very exciting for you getting and actual payment from me.. :devil:

prometheus
09-18-2016, 09:48 PM
Rob must be subscribed to this thread.
Coming soon? Like a movie? :D

Not at all similar..and do not confuse coming soon, as coming soon to a theater near you..or anytime soon..the statement was "Information is coming as soon as possible", and that is quite a difference..it just says when information is ready for telling, then it will be released soon ..but with fingers crossed with possible, which could mean anywhere in the future:D
Aint this fun:hey:

Marander
09-18-2016, 11:19 PM
Get well soon.

Just don't feel bad when I apply the same approach to buying the new update.
"Do not be discouraged in this moment. There will be a check coming as soon as possible, but right now I will say that things are looking very exciting for you getting and actual payment from me.. :devil:

Haha you made my day. Exactly my sentiments. I would have upgraded the minute it came out a while ago but all the false promises and fake promotions of LW3DG shifted LW to the bottom of my interest list. I will test the demo very carefully - if at all - before upgrading.

vipvip242
09-18-2016, 11:50 PM

"cows and octopus" is the very unexpected topic where we have news about LW next : good to know for the next releases (perhaps "squid and buffalo" should work too ... i'll try in the future :) ). Thanks Rob & have a nice day !

Anneke
09-19-2016, 12:00 AM
"cows and octopus" is the very unexpected topic where we have news about LW next : good to know for the next releases (perhaps "squid and buffalo" should work too ... i'll try in the future :) ). Thanks Rob & have a nice day !

I know of this animals.
very good to draw.

djwaterman
09-19-2016, 12:13 AM
Way to hijack a thread. I just want to say to the original poster, do not get upset by all the people that have been brandishing about the word plagiarism, we've all had to deliver a project to a client where the brief was to base it upon a very specific reference. All you did was successfully deliver on that request and any "plagiarism" (which I don't believe is the case here anyway) rest with the client. I believe the cow commercial just riffed on an internet meme. The agency probably should've approached Cyriak but they didn't, so good job.

Anneke
09-19-2016, 12:32 AM
O very sorry.
I will leave

50one
09-19-2016, 01:43 AM
Way to hijack a thread. I just want to say to the original poster, do not get upset by all the people that have been brandishing about the word plagiarism, we've all had to deliver a project to a client where the brief was to base it upon a very specific reference. All you did was successfully deliver on that request and any "plagiarism" (which I don't believe is the case here anyway) rest with the client. I believe the cow commercial just riffed on an internet meme. The agency probably should've approached Cyriak but they didn't, so good job.

I thought that was obvious? Given the info here, no one in their right mind would blame the artist who only executed someone's else vision...

Anneke
09-19-2016, 03:06 AM
....someone's else vision...
should it not be 'someone else's vision...'
also I do not like your word 'execute'.
Do not use it again

djwaterman
09-19-2016, 05:32 AM
I thought that was obvious? Given the info here, no one in their right mind would blame the artist who only executed someone's else vision...

Yes, it should be obvious, but not everyone seems to have picked up on that and just throw around the word plagiarism without realizing what a damaging accusation that is, and not applicable to this artist.

Also, to Anneke, I was referring to Rob Powers when I said "way to hijack a thread".

stiff paper
09-19-2016, 05:52 AM
I do not like your word 'execute'.
Do not use it again

How about "Executive"?

"Do not use it again" is far too imperative when not combined with a word like "Please" or "Kindly". In the context of a forum it's fairly rude. Please don't issue commands to other forum users.

Also, that particular usage of the word "Execute" is perfectly normal, everyday English. You have no grounds for objection.

Execute:
http://freedictionary.org/?Query=execute&button=Search

50one
09-19-2016, 05:55 AM
should it not be 'someone else's vision...'
also I do not like your word 'execute'.
Do not use it again

OK chief, thanks for correction! Any other keywords I need to avoid? Or anything else I could do for you?

Yes, it should be obvious, but not everyone seems to have picked up on that and just throw around the word plagiarism without realizing what a damaging accusation that is, and not applicable to this artist.

Also, to Anneke, I was referring to Rob Powers when I said "way to hijack a thread".

Yes, gonna agree. Anyone doing quick search on google could end up here, so not really a great thing to be linked with plagiarism even tho it's not your fault.

Hope it's all cleared now btw.

Chris S. (Fez)
09-19-2016, 06:56 AM
Heh. This thread was already a disaster and now we have to contend with a head-on collision with the language barrier...

bazsa73
09-19-2016, 07:10 AM
Let's stop using words!

kopperdrake
09-19-2016, 07:18 AM
?!!

pinkmouse
09-19-2016, 07:47 AM
#### !!!

ivanze
09-19-2016, 08:49 AM
01111001 01100101 01100001 01101000 00101100 00100000 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110000 00100000 01110101 01110011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00101110

SBowie
09-19-2016, 09:19 AM
01111001 01100101 01100001 01101000 00101100 00100000 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110000 00100000 01110101 01110011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00101110

01001011011001010110010101110000001000000110001101 10110001100001011011010010000001100001011011100110 01000010000001110000011100100110111101101111011001 100111001001100101011000010110010000101110

50one
09-19-2016, 09:25 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/024/656/lol_binary.gif

ernesttx
09-19-2016, 09:26 AM

MichaelT
09-19-2016, 01:52 PM
01010111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101100 01101011 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110101 01110100 00111111 :)

lģĩ7 \A/Ģ Đ∂|1 ^|\\'4`/ş v§3 /\2[]†4Ģ.- \\'∂°/ †[] \/\/|21+Ģ λ5 |/|/Ģ1| :)

erikals
09-19-2016, 02:00 PM
٩(๏̯͡๏)ゞ?

Ernest
09-19-2016, 02:04 PM

Yes, if this were a song, I'd call it a (very good) cover.

MichaelT
09-19-2016, 02:05 PM
1337 5p34k

"lģĩ7 \A/Ģ Đ∂|1 ^|\\'4`/ş v§3 /\2[]†4Ģ.- \\'∂°/ †[] \/\/|21+Ģ λ5 |/|/Ģ1|"
(B UT W E CAN ALWA YS USE ANOTHER W AY TO S P E AK AS W ELL)

Farhad_azer
09-19-2016, 02:19 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Oops i meant

. . .

ncr100
09-19-2016, 04:48 PM
SXMgdGhpcyB0aGUgcmVhbCBsaWZlPw0KSXMgdGhpcyBqdXN0IG ZhbnRhc3k/DQpDYXVnaHQgaW4gYSBsYW5kc2xpZGUNCk5vIGVzY2FwZSBmcm 9tIHJlYWxpdHkNCk9wZW4geW91ciBleWVzDQpMb29rIHVwIHRv IHRoZSBza2llcyBhbmQgc2VlDQpJJ20ganVzdCBhIHBvb3IgYm 95LCBJIG5lZWQgbm8gc3ltcGF0aHkNCkJlY2F1c2UgSSdtIGVh c3kgY29tZSwgZWFzeSBnbw0KQSBsaXR0bGUgaGlnaCwgbGl0dG xlIGxvdw0KQW55d2F5IHRoZSB3aW5kIGJsb3dzLCBkb2Vzbid0 IHJlYWxseSBtYXR0ZXIgdG8gbWUsIHRvIG1lDQo=

jwiede
09-19-2016, 05:46 PM
Yes, if this were a song, I'd call it a (very good) cover.

Commercially "covering" a song requires explicitly acknowledgement of the original song. Did the OP/artist explicitly acknowledge the original work at presentation, or at least prior to the conflict?

If not, still seems like a problem. Whatever, probably best to just end the discussion altogether.

Spinland
09-20-2016, 02:51 AM
Commercially "covering" a song requires explicitly acknowledgement of the original song.

QFA. A relative of mine was recently smacked with a hefty fine for hiring cover bands to play in his bar without requisite protocols and fees. I know it happens a lot, all over the world, but if/when "the man" takes notice it can be painful.

samurai_x
09-21-2016, 08:59 PM

Ehem. Been a week since the post.
Soon like the movies? Which means months or years...

Verlon
09-21-2016, 09:03 PM
Ehem. Been a week since the post.
Soon like the movies? Which means months or years...

Rob took an odd route to Lightwave. He originally wanted to be a geologist. "Soon" mean anything within the next few million years. On the bright side, at least it wasn't astronomy and a few billion years. :)

rustythe1
09-22-2016, 12:44 AM
so... over a month again since the post of keep an eye out for a new blog in "the near future"

rustythe1
09-22-2016, 02:22 AM
ok, that's odd, I wrote the above reply in the "update,News" thread? forum is still really buggy for me, threads still do not update on front page to the latest replies, may be the cow has special abilities to draw people in? maybe we should get the cow to ask rob all the questions we want answers too?