PDA

View Full Version : Smart_IBL. Q2.

cove
07-30-2016, 07:58 AM
Hi again.
Since i posted a previous question about Smart_IBL ive had to deal with an unexpected problem with my Lightwave 2015.3. [O/S W10]
Tried to resolve the issue but no good.
I felt i had no option but to completly uninstall lightwave and do a fresh install.
This action has resolved the original issue.
Obviously ive had to reinstate all my plugins which ive done.
The last plugin i installed was the "sIBL_Lightwave PLUGIN" [Smart_IBL_2.2].
After opening the software in layout i pointed the programme to were the image files are located then selected one of these images and
pressed ok.
You are then requested to ""save scene". After saving the scene the following message appears

Error:SMART_IBL
Line 1020,invalid object method linecount[]

Also there is no dome object or ground object in the resulting layout scene.
In the sIBL panel under "Import Options" both
"Setup Background Dome" and "Setup Ground Plane" are ticked as are all other items.
So do not understand why some items are missing from the scene.
There is also no option to point the software to the folder were the missing objects are located.
Anyone know what the issue is here and how to resolve it.
Thanks for advice/help in reply.

gerry_g
07-30-2016, 09:47 AM
http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1316465879 Build 182 is current version

cove
07-30-2016, 11:34 AM
http://www.hdrlabs.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1316465879 Build 182 is current version

Thanks gerry_g for link to forum and reference to
"Build 182 is current version".
Looks to be a very usefull forum for me at this time.
Will check it out as soon as i post this reply.

cove
07-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Have deleted previous version of SMART_IBL and now have
version Build 182 installed still having issues though.
Refer image attached for further info.

Edit.
Could it be that SMART_IBL will just not work properly in the latest version of Lightwave 2015.3.

pinkmouse
07-30-2016, 03:17 PM
It never worked that well on Mac, if you have any more than one image set in the indexed folder it just falls over. Can't remember the error code I get, but it might be worth a try.

cove
07-31-2016, 02:48 AM
sIBL update.
Hi again. Good news!!
Have had partial success with getting SIBL to work.
I now know how to get an SIBL scene to load with dome/ground plane objects and images.
I found answer on the link provided by gerry_g
Scroll down to bottom of window and select Page 2
Look for [User name] "ikarth" [third posting from bottom].

He says this------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Lightwave Loader v2.4, Beta build 182
Reply #19 - 03/19/14 at 13:26:45
Lightwave 1.6.2:
SIBL works for me, up until I click ok in an unnamed scene. It prompts me to give the scene a name, then stops with the error message
"Line 1341, invalid object method linecount". Saving the scene with a name and then clicking OK in sIBL crashes Lightwave.

However, clearing the scene, saving the new scene, and then running sIBL works fine for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the part i tried out.
Quote.
"However, clearing the scene, saving the new scene, and then running sIBL works fine for me."

I was suprised to find that it also worked fine for me to.
I saved a plane ordinary empty layout scene then clicked on the
sIBL button.
sIBL panel opened up [with no request to save scene] clicked on an image then clicked the ok button.
Everything then just loaded into the layout scene.
Ive tried this way more than a few times now and it has worked every time.
So far so good but as i said in the beginning this is a partial success.
When the sIBL panel opens up it unfortunatly only shows 4 images from the sIBL_Collection [about 50-60 image files].
Even then one of these 4 images when selected only produces a scene with no dome/ground plane object and an error message appears.
The other 3 images work just fine.
There is only one other thing i can think of to try get all images to show and that is to separate out the sIBL_Collection file from were i have
all files i downloaded from sIBL site and place it into it own folder. Then set the name and path in sIBL Preferences.
Hopefully this will work.
Let you know what happens.

cove
07-31-2016, 10:53 AM
sIBL Update 2.

Tried moving both my ibl images folders to a separate folder and added the name and path for both folders in preferences but no good i
still only get the same 4 images as before.
I did notice though that another different message appeared after opening ibl. Which went something like this----

"I need to find sbl images in the root directory"

That sent me on a different tack.
Given that the original folder were all ibl file were downloaded to has a folder structer [of sorts] i then set a path,in preferences, to the
folder that was the next up from sIBL-Collection folder.
This did not work.
I went back one more folder that did not work either.

All is not lost as i decided to try one more option that accured to me.
I decided to set a path in sIBL preferences directly to one of the
individual image folders inside the main sIBL-Collection folder
[Desert_Highway].
This im glad to say actually worked. The image automatically showed in the sIBL window and when i selected this image and clicked ok everything
loaded into the lightwave scene which is great!. Don,t think i will be loading in all the other images files this way.
Ill just load in images as and when but over the next couple of days i will spend some time loading in some of the landscapes files that are of particular interest to me.

So not 100% there in all respects but im more than happy with were i am now. At least i have working sIBL albeit one image at a time.

Finally.
Can anyone point out which exactly is the root directory in the sIBL software i downloaded to a folder.
Thanks if you can.