PDA

View Full Version : Export Tack Data from AE to LW issues

trubalcava
07-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Hi Folks, I did a search in the posts and found some good tips about AEtoLW plugin, but I have not found anything on a problem I have encountered using it.

I am using track motion on a live action clip in AE and creating a 3D null object for it and not touching the camera settings/position other than focal length to match how the footage was shot. Now when I send the layers to lightwave with all the track data, null and camera, it loads into layout way off center axis and below the horizon grid. When I load an object in layout that I want to parent to the null, it of course is way up and out of camera view. One would thing that the AE data would load at center axis of the horizon in layout. See attached.

I was wondering anyone else had that problem. Is there something I'm missing in the setup either in AE or Lightwave?

Thanks,
Tom

raw-m
07-30-2016, 02:50 AM
Just a couple of thoughts. The reason the camera is off centre is because AE starts off (assuming HD) 960x540, so that makes sense here.

Is there parenting going on in AE? AE to LW only exports local co-ords so you'll need to bake out world co-ords in AE or try replicating the structure in LW then try sending from AE.

Difficult to know without seeing what's happening in AE.

trubalcava
07-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I'm new to this newer version LW. I haven't used it since LW 7.5 if you can believe it.

I haven't tried baking the AE comp yet. And the comp itself is only comprised of an HD 1080p live action PNG sequence at 23.976 with an actor against a simple bg. I tracked his hand motion and targeted a null object (set it as a 3D layer) to the track point. I have one camera in the comp to match the focal length of the live action shoot. Once in Lightwave I want to parent a 3D prop to the null (in this case his hand). Anyway there are no effects layers in the AE comp other than the null track data and the camera. I'm not sure how I'd replicate that in LW.

trubalcava
07-31-2016, 03:53 PM
After a bit more research on baking, exporting and so forth, I managed to find an older AE script that helped out for my particular issue:

http://www.urbanspaceman.net/shared/AEscripts/AE3Dexport/AE3D_Export.jsx

I haven't tried it in other situations, but it's something to try in a pinch.

Thanks again for the quick feedback.