PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek hiring LightWave artist

pnelson
07-29-2016, 09:58 AM
LightWave artists unite!! :)

http://www.cgmeetup.net/home/jobs/star-trek-discovery-recruiting-lightwave-animators/

Spinland
07-29-2016, 10:06 AM
:rock:

kopperdrake
07-29-2016, 11:40 AM
Great news! On all fronts :D

Triodin
07-29-2016, 11:52 AM
The only thing better than this announcement would be one about LWNext :D Got upgrade money to spend! :D

jeric_synergy
07-29-2016, 12:11 PM
Maybe wining and dining CBS is what's been taking up Rob's time. ;)

But seriously, it was nice to post in FB for all my AE colleagues something that shows "HEY! It's still out there! SEE? Really, it's rilly rilly out there.....".

jwiede
07-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Are folks certain the article/inquiry is legit? As (accurately) noted in the article comments, providing a gmail-domain email address doesn't really enhance the overall credibility. There are some fairly important trademark citations absent from the article that absolutely should be there (and whose omission are extremely improbable in a legit release), and the way the article cites CBS (as opposed to a production company) is quite odd, as are certain other irregularities (no EEOC boilerplate in a hiring mention, etc).

daforum
07-29-2016, 01:11 PM
I wanna work on it...
...but i can't :(

Spinland
07-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Check other threads and sources, or touch base with your LW industry insiders. There are no issues with this call.

danielkaiser
07-29-2016, 03:22 PM
Are folks certain the article/inquiry is legit? As (accurately) noted in the article comments, providing a gmail-domain email address doesn't really enhance the overall credibility. There are some fairly important trademark citations absent from the article that absolutely should be there (and whose omission are extremely improbable in a legit release), and the way the article cites CBS (as opposed to a production company) is quite odd, as are certain other irregularities (no EEOC boilerplate in a hiring mention, etc).

They're more than likely going in house for this, make sense, short production schedules, more control, faster turnaround.

jwiede
07-29-2016, 09:58 PM
They're more than likely going in house for this, make sense, short production schedules, more control, faster turnaround.

Even so, CBS wouldn't likely skip identifying all the trademarks mentioned (incl. their own), would necessarily refer to themselves as "CBS Corporation"/"CBS Corp." not just "CBS", and so forth. Corporation legal departments are extremely anal retentive about citing all registered trademark ownerships mentioned (because the law demands just that). The release's lack of _any_ trademark citations is very strange, and there are other oddities equally as questionable present.

I suggest anyone interested in applying first reach out and contact CBS and ask them for a @CBS.com email address where to submit stuff. Phishing emails have become shockingly detailed and legitimate-looking in many cases of late, so before sending anyone a bunch of your PII and/or content, it's definitely worth ensuring the request and contact address are both legitimate.

meshpig
07-30-2016, 05:01 AM
The biggest give away is the image. Also, in a small crew why ask for Senior, Mid Level and Junior animators? The totally amateurish capital letters popping up everywhere too...

Spinland
07-30-2016, 05:09 AM
If some "phisher" wants my resumé they're more than welcome to it. I'd happily send it to every Nigerian prince I could find, too.

Assuming actual negotiations were to begin scammers will be quite quickly found out—if you're even remotely exercising due diligence in that process. I golf with lawyers.

Spinland
07-30-2016, 05:11 AM
Oh, and the spelling of "MODELLER" is a little off-putting, but I also know many artists and even some engineers who cant spell for shite.

pinkmouse
07-30-2016, 05:12 AM
...I golf with lawyers.

We all have to suffer somehow... :D

Spinland
07-30-2016, 05:13 AM
We all have to suffer somehow... :D

Heh. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. ;D

Spinland
07-30-2016, 05:35 AM

wesleycorgi
07-30-2016, 05:51 AM
if you check the LW Job Announcements, like here: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?150916-MAYA-LIGHTWAVE-RENDER-ASSIST-%96-STAR-TREK-DISCOVERY-%96-CBS-Television-Prod-(Los-Ange

you will find that the poster DavidTak999 previously posted for Defiance. If you google the poster's name, you will find that his IMDB credentials include Defiance, Star Trek, BSG, etc.

Spinland
07-30-2016, 06:02 AM
:thumbsup:

bazsa73
07-30-2016, 07:48 AM
Go for it LA people!

m.d.
07-30-2016, 10:03 AM
The biggest give away is the image. Also, in a small crew why ask for Senior, Mid Level and Junior animators? The totally amateurish capital letters popping up everywhere too...

Ya....those caps.
DEFINITELY A SCAM

Dont fall for this people.....

First they watch your demo reel, scan your resume for biographical info (using your actual name to develop a false rapport with you)....then its "come down to the studio"..... next thing you know your slaving away in front of a computer on a reboot of an old scifi series in virtual thralldom, small pay cheque and a complete lack of tan.

These people are literally stealing your talent and identity as an artist and compensating you with mere money.

jeric_synergy
07-30-2016, 01:07 PM
First they watch your demo reel, scan your resume for biographical info (using your actual name to develop a false rapport with you)....then its "come down to the studio"..... next thing you know your slaving away in front of a computer on a reboot of an old scifi series in virtual thralldom, small pay cheque and a complete lack of tan.
:D :ohmy: CLAPPING -- you win today, sir! :thumbsup:

js33
07-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Oh, and the spelling of "MODELLER" is a little off-putting, but I also know many artists and even some engineers who cant spell for shite.

Yeah I thought that looked odd but either spelling "Modeller" or "Modeler" is correct.

kopperdrake
07-30-2016, 02:24 PM
Yeah I thought that looked odd but either spelling "Modeller" or "Modeler" is correct.

Yep - to anyone British Modeler with one 'l' looks weird. It's not our fault you chaps the other side of the pond are too lazy to hit the second 'l' :D

js33
07-30-2016, 02:53 PM
Yep - to anyone British Modeler with one 'l' looks weird. It's not our fault you chaps the other side of the pond are too lazy to hit the second 'l' :D

We like to do things more efficiently over here and eliminate extra letters wherever possible.

spherical
07-30-2016, 04:34 PM
We like to do things more efficiently over here and eliminate extra letters wherever possible.

Then it should have been:

"We like to do things more eficiently over here and eliminate extra leters wherevr posible." :)

rustythe1
07-30-2016, 05:19 PM
color?

m.d.
07-30-2016, 05:20 PM
aluminum

Spinland
07-30-2016, 05:37 PM
Ya....those caps.
DEFINITELY A SCAM

Dont fall for this people.....

Thank you so much for this wonderful belly laugh. Bravo, sir!

I am somewhat bemused by the suspicion and hostility attending this announcement—and not only on this forum. Geez Louise. Some folks seem cursed to being forever negative, and that would sadden me if life weren't so wonderfully cool that being sad about their issues just doesn't break the threshold. :D

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! Fair shot. We're two peoples divided by a common language. ;D

We're also quite superior in our time management skills by dint of our avoiding all those superfluous 'u' letters you seem intent on cluttering up words with.

js33
07-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Then it should have been:

"We like to do things more eficiently over here and eliminate extra leters wherevr posible." :)

But we still believe in spelling words properly when warranted.

Surrealist.
07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
Well it would be one thing if the negativity had any credibility or basis in fact. Not even worth commenting on actually.

But it is the weekend and I am sure a lot of people sent stuff in. They are probably a tad swamped with submissions. If anyone gets the gig let us know. Sounds like a cool one if remote is possible. Best of luck to all. :)

meshpig
07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
Modeler is a proper noun thus it's spelling isn't a grammatical error :)

prometheus
07-30-2016, 10:26 PM

Totally out of response and topic, but since I knew you were located near austin I think...I heard about the ballon fire and crash, anywhere near you or something related?

js33
07-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Totally out of response and topic, but since I knew you were located near austin I think...I heard about the ballon fire and crash, anywhere near you or something related?

Yeah that was sad. It happened about 50 miles south of me near Lockhart, Tx. 16 people died. Hot air balloons are usually safe but if it's too windy and power lines are nearby then watch out. I will not fly in anything that has little to no control over it's flight.

spherical
07-31-2016, 12:13 AM

Not when eficiency was the central point, yes? Otherwise the response would have been:

"But we stil believe in speling words properly when waranted."

IOW, who dictates what is and isn't "warranted"; which is the core issue. (truncating duplicate letters has been abated for clarity in this case)

js33
07-31-2016, 12:22 AM
Not when eficiency was the central point, yes? Otherwise the response would have been:

"But we stil believe in speling words properly when waranted."

IOW, who dictates what is and isn't "warranted"; which is the core issue. (truncating duplicate letters has been abated for clarity in this case)

Who are you, the spelling nazi?

Maybe efficiency was the wrong word. How about regularity vs irregularity in spelling.

Sometimes they way they spell words in England looks funny to us in the US and vice versa.

spherical
07-31-2016, 12:28 AM
Who are you, the spelling nazi?

Maybe efficiency was the wrong word. How about regularity vs irregularity in spelling.

Sometimes they way they spell words in England looks funny to us in the US and vice versa.

Give it a rest. <Steven Wright>You started this.</Steven Wright> ;)

BokadCastle
07-31-2016, 01:30 AM
Good luck to San Juan Island....wherever and whatever.

BokadCastle
07-31-2016, 01:34 AM
and...please stop strangling that poor kitten.

BokadCastle
07-31-2016, 01:44 AM
English is a language of layers, there is no fixed spelling because English constantly evolves.

pinkmouse
07-31-2016, 01:57 AM
Modeler is a proper noun thus it's spelling isn't a grammatical error :)

But that use of an apostrophe is. :D

meshpig
07-31-2016, 02:08 AM
But that use of an apostrophe is. :D

Indeed. Every post has its typos :)

pinkmouse
07-31-2016, 02:16 AM
Indeed. If I'd ever started a sentence with "But" at school I would have suffered a sound thrashing!

BokadCastle
07-31-2016, 02:24 AM
Indeed. If I'd ever started a sentence with "But" at school I would have suffered a sound thrashing!

or 'and'.
But I don't care because that's how I talk.

BokadCastle
07-31-2016, 02:37 AM
so get a dick in your ear.

js33
07-31-2016, 02:37 AM
Give it a rest. <Steven Wright>You started this.</Steven Wright> ;)

Me give it a rest? You're the one that tried to crawl up my *** about it. Get out of there.

meshpig
07-31-2016, 03:17 AM

So much for grammar and a bl**dy good thing too what. Well, whaddayaknow?

Spinland
07-31-2016, 04:10 AM

erikals
07-31-2016, 04:35 AM
http://erikalstad.com/emoti/sheep.gif

js33
07-31-2016, 04:41 AM
:twak::cursin::tsktsk::screwy::stop::2guns::neener ::bangwall:

This is what this forum is like lately. LW3DG needs to show us something soon to get everyone back on track.

Spinland
07-31-2016, 05:12 AM
Heh. Yeah, seems that way. What happens when you put a bunch of creative geeks in one place and don't give them things to keep busy with. ;D

erikals
07-31-2016, 05:32 AM
http://www.erikalstad.com/emoti/LWdoze.png

Spinland
07-31-2016, 05:34 AM
You win the morning, sir. :D

erikals
07-31-2016, 05:53 AM
Thank You Sir!   http://www.erikalstad.com/emoti/sir.gif

spherical
07-31-2016, 12:24 PM
Me give it a rest? You're the one that tried to crawl up my *** about it. Get out of there.

Oh, pleez. It was a JOKE. No malice intended whatsoever. Talk about thin-skinned. Wow.

js33
07-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Oh now I'm thinned-skinned. So you're not just another Asperger addled youth acting out on a forum.

lardbros
07-31-2016, 02:11 PM

Wow... You can even see a negative in this?? Amazing :)

DonJMyers
08-11-2016, 11:03 AM
I sent my resume over a week a go and didn't even get a "thanks for the submission" response. Keep in mind I won an emmy working for Spielberg so I would think, if they read it, they would at least say "we got your submission and are processing."

Spinland
08-11-2016, 11:13 AM
I sent my resume over a week a go and didn't even get a "thanks for the submission" response. Keep in mind I won an emmy working for Spielberg so I would think, if they read it, they would at least say "we got your submission and are processing."

Heh. I have nothing resembling impressive credentials so I took not even getting a thank you as a given. It would have been nice to collect a cool rejection slip.

50one
08-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Wow... You can even see a negative in this?? Amazing :)

There's a flip-side to that coin, do you believe everything on internet? Myself I don't see this as something negative, rather poor attempt to hire people, why not use agency HR people but hire through one of the employees who seems that created the ad himself(copyrights missing and other odd things pointed).

I'm not saying it's not legit, it just look unprofessional, that's all.

Spinland
08-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I can't judge. I've been freelancing for nearly six years now and I consider the traditional HR process to be full of shite, the bane of effective hiring, and something I shall cheerfully drink a toast over the grave of.

I land gigs through making an end run around that rat race, by discovering the real belly buttons to push in a target industry and getting the right person to give me a chance to show them what I can do.

In my (admittedly entirely personal) perspective this opportunity came in exactly the right form.

Prince Charming
08-11-2016, 12:18 PM
There's a flip-side to that coin, do you believe everything on internet? Myself I don't see this as something negative, rather poor attempt to hire people, why not use agency HR people but hire through one of the employees who seems that created the ad himself(copyrights missing and other odd things pointed).

It seems an odd way to hire people to me... but I dont know how things work out there. With as many lightwave artists that are looking for work I cant imagine that this was the best way to go about finding people. Its almost like an open casting call. Good luck with that! Seems to me they could have much easier gotten to the creme da la creme of qualified LW users without having to go through thousands of online application first. This smelled more like PR from the start to me... Just a way of saying LW is being used on this show. Apply here, but all positions are already filled ;)

I could be wrong... It wouldn't be the first time.

lardbros
08-11-2016, 01:28 PM

I don't agree, so let's agree to disagree.
We've placed adverts on forums before, and got the best candidates from those... also advertised in 3dWorld and had useless candidates... OH, and let me finally add as I've just remembered. We've hired through agencies before only to find that the applicant didn't even turn up, and the agency rang us saying "the applicant has lied a little on their application form, do you still want to interview them?" Errrm... NO!

50one
08-11-2016, 02:20 PM
I don't agree, so let's agree to disagree.

Personally I hate all HR people.

I hate the term HR, invented bu Nazis.
I'm a human being god damn it! My life has value!

Greenlaw
08-11-2016, 03:05 PM
In L.A., the vfx industry is much smaller than you might think. Many artists (Lightwave or otherwise) are typically hired based referrals from other artists who are already attached to a production. (Some advice: don't tick people off; an off-hand comment in a forum may follow you into an interview later. :) )

This also means that many of the best artists are probably already working on a production or on staff, so when a new production company needs to ramp up suddenly it can be a great challenge to find artists with a solid production record. This call may seem a little unusual but it's not surprising; the talent pool is thinning so they may be looking for new blood.

(FWIW, I think this call is legit. I'm not attached to Star Trek but I do know some of the people involved who have posted the same job info in other forums.)

Schwyhart
08-11-2016, 04:02 PM
I sent my resume, but it's 99% guaranteed I won't get it. Although, if the recruiter is looking at this comment...pretty pretty please!!
I'll get you a World's Greatest Boss mug! :)

Digital Hermit
08-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Who ever gets the job, PLEASE fix the look and design of that ship! :eek:

pnelson
08-11-2016, 05:05 PM
LOL.. I had no idea that my post would spawn a scammer discussion..

Never a dull moment! ;)

Surrealist.
08-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Oh, trust in this. No encouragement needed. Par for the course around here. That some of the statements made herein have not been challenged is merely the fact that it is not worth wasting the time on.

daforum
08-12-2016, 02:01 AM
I would still like to work on this show whatever is said...

Surrealist.
08-12-2016, 02:41 AM
I would still like to work on this show whatever is said... :thumbsup:

Spinland
08-12-2016, 05:05 AM

Heh. Maybe a plus in my hire me column is I actually like the ship design as presented. My primary beef with the released footage was the scene and render quality were on par with a cut scene in a (very) old video game, which led me to speculate that was something they dragged from the vaults that was rendered as a demo for some long past effort.

bazsa73
08-12-2016, 07:03 AM

It looks like made by some "We are against NURBS - Say no to Subpatch!" activists.

Whelkn
08-14-2016, 02:04 PM
Its real guys -- I have multiple friends that are working on it now. So send in your info and good luck.

erikals
08-14-2016, 02:29 PM

that render broke the internet... (!)

Spinland
08-15-2016, 06:49 AM
Well, finally got my formal "thanks but no thanks" notice. I had few illusions based on just the folks I know who are going for this, but if you don't try the answer is always no. I can add this email to my collection of rejection slips. :D

Ryan Roye
08-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Well, finally got my formal "thanks but no thanks" notice. I had few illusions based on just the folks I know who are going for this, but if you don't try the answer is always no. I can add this email to my collection of rejection slips. :D

Typically a 3d artist's career consists of mountains of "no" before you get someone who says "yes". Lots of "maybe" in there too!

Spinland
08-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Typically a 3d artist's career consists of mountains of "no" before you get someone who says "yes". Lots of "maybe" in there too!

Heh. Yes, indeedy. I would assert this is no career for those with fragile egos. ;)

robertoortiz
08-15-2016, 08:25 AM
Heh. Yes, indeedy. I would assert this is no career for those with fragile egos. ;)I can attest this is also true for non Hollywood work.
For example here in Washington DC, artists who are Divas get munched quickly into mulch, since we are working in a town full of sociopaths.

Spinland
08-15-2016, 08:40 AM
I can attest this is also true for non Hollywood work.
For example here in Washington DC, artists who are Divas get munched quickly into mulch, since we are working in a town full of sociopaths.

Yeah, I can totally see that being the case. That place is crazy. After 23.5 years in the USAF, some of it spent in the Puzzle Palace, followed by nearly 8 years working for a major defense contractor, I saw enough sociopaths inside the Beltway to give me fodder for writing horror movies—really scary ones—for the rest of my life. 8~

daforum
08-15-2016, 11:01 AM

Can't wait for the "yes's" to start again! :eek:

erikals
08-15-2016, 11:03 AM
....ooor, start your own company.  :)

pay might vary.   :hey:

js33
08-15-2016, 02:24 PM

Yeah I got mine too. But I didn't expect to get picked since I don't have a single spaceship or monster character in my portfolio because in the real world no one really needs those kinds of things.

Spinland
08-15-2016, 05:36 PM
....ooor, start your own company.  :)

pay might vary.   :hey:

Heh. Did that, but it's a wee more smaller scale than a full on film studio. ;-)

I have already made some rather good connections with other studios, though, so I'm hardly fretting over the CBS rejection. I've gotten my foot in the door on the west coast and those folks are already keeping me busy. It's all good.

Spinland
08-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Yeah I got mine too. But I didn't expect to get picked since I don't have a single spaceship or monster character in my portfolio because in the real world no one really needs those kinds of things.

True. I have a TOS Klingon D7 battlecruiser in mine but I have yet to include the original Federation ship design I've been working on in fits and starts over the past few years. Like you say, not much call for that and my time is usually taken up with paying gigs. Someday, though. :D

djwaterman
08-16-2016, 01:11 AM
Well friends, I'm absolutely gutted. I wish I could take it as well as others but I got my rejection today and I tell you it hit hard. I'd booked tickets to Hollywood and had told everyone that I was going off to work in the movies. Forget about it, it's a closed shop, they're not taking any outsiders no matter how good you are. Here's my submission, you be the judge.

kopperdrake
08-16-2016, 02:10 AM
Maybe turn the texturing down a notch or two, but otherwise, perfect! :thumbsup:

Gungho3D
08-16-2016, 02:14 AM
Well friends, I'm absolutely gutted. I wish I could take it as well as others but I got my rejection today and I tell you it hit hard ...

That is the funniest thing I have read today ... :-)

Surrealist.
08-16-2016, 03:21 AM
Lens flares man. Forgot to turn on lens flares. Better luck next time.

stiff paper
08-16-2016, 04:43 AM
...I'm absolutely gutted.
The best demo reel I ever reviewed looked almost exactly like that, and then he ended his cover letter with "...I was pushed for time so I had to download the model from the internet."

Spinland
08-16-2016, 05:59 AM
Well friends, I'm absolutely gutted. I wish I could take it as well as others but I got my rejection today and I tell you it hit hard. I'd booked tickets to Hollywood and had told everyone that I was going off to work in the movies. Forget about it, it's a closed shop, they're not taking any outsiders no matter how good you are. Here's my submission, you be the judge.

Damn. They were fools to pass that by! Bravo! :rock:

js33
08-16-2016, 07:19 AM

Hehehehe. Actually it's not really too far away from the real ship. Just needs a few small details and your good to go. :D

djwaterman
08-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Good news friends, I took your wonderful advice and added lens flares, re-submitted and just got the call back. I'm going to Hollywood! Wooohoo!

Never give up on your dreams, it could happen to you.

js33
08-16-2016, 07:45 AM
Just need to turn on smoothing and you got it mate. :D

Surrealist.
08-16-2016, 07:50 AM
I want my comish!

50one
08-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Just need to turn on smoothing and you got it mate. :D

^this! also a lil' bit of colour grading, some "woosh" sounds and you're not that far from the trailer posted earlier on YT :D:D:D

jeric_synergy
08-16-2016, 07:28 PM
::manic nerd-laughter:: :D

DonJMyers
08-18-2016, 07:28 PM
I've sent a THIRD email to them and STILL have not heard anything. Am I in the spam folder or do they just not care?

erikals
08-18-2016, 07:35 PM
most companies, instead of giving a proper decline, decline from replying.

bad, i know, but most companies are like that. at least over here.

some even put it down in writing. "if you don't hear from us, you did not get the job"

many humans are like that too, > if it doesn't affect me, i don't care <

DonJMyers
08-18-2016, 08:17 PM
They did email me back today saying they are just overwhelmed by the response so that's good. I don't mind rejection I just mind not knowing whether I am wasting my time.

erikals
08-18-2016, 09:27 PM
the best is to leave a simple initial reply,
"we have received your email and will get back to you shortly"

using autohotkey.com this takes exactly 2 seconds.

js33
08-18-2016, 09:37 PM
They did email me back today saying they are just overwhelmed by the response so that's good. I don't mind rejection I just mind not knowing whether I am wasting my time.

Well here is what you can expect unless you have a lot of Star Trek ships and characters on your demo reel. I had neither. :D

djwaterman
08-18-2016, 09:58 PM
Friends, I'm surrounded by very talented people and have had to bring my A game to the party. It's everything you expect it to be, we work 12 hour days but who's complaining, Star trek's neat! I tell you I'm rockin' the lens flares and they're loving it. They have me designing spaceships. I spent the last few days working on this.

It's all about the details, you need them for scale, otherwise you're left with nothing but a box. These are some of the tricks I'm learning from my wonderful colleagues. I so love it here.

js33
08-18-2016, 10:34 PM
Damn that must of took you all day to make and texture. :D

js33
08-18-2016, 11:39 PM
Friends, I'm surrounded by very talented people and have had to bring my A game to the party. It's everything you expect it to be, we work 12 hour days but who's complaining, Star trek's neat! I tell you I'm rockin' the lens flares and they're loving it. They have me designing spaceships. I spent the last few days working on this.

I just had a look at your portfolio and it all looks really good. I like all the auto renders, very realistic outside lighting. Nice job.

bazsa73
08-18-2016, 11:56 PM

It's all about the details, you need them for scale, otherwise you're left with nothing but a box. These are some of the tricks I'm learning from my wonderful colleagues. I so love it here.

I would make it bigger with the scale tool.

vonpietro
08-18-2016, 11:56 PM
dj- your space exhibit is amazing =) nice work (on all your stuff too)

kopperdrake
08-19-2016, 03:46 AM

You, my friend, are living the dream.

djwaterman
08-19-2016, 07:59 AM
My friends, I made a terrible mistake, it's awful, I want to die! CBS discovered the Borg image in these forums, I did not know I could not post these images on-line. Two security guards "escorted" me from the building while all the other team members watched me, shaking their heads...calling me awful names. I could hear William Shatner yelling (from a distant office where they keep him) that I'd never work in this town again. I'm shell shocked, a broken man and an international embarrassment. Currently doing non LightWave related jobs on Santa Monica Boulevard to make the airfare home, which is difficult at my age as the competition is fierce out here. I'm finished.

Rates are $5 for the first ten minutes, $20 gets you the full hour and $50 gets you my full attention. I'm wearing the LW t-shirt.

jeric_synergy
08-19-2016, 09:02 AM
ROTFL.... the saga continues....

Spinland
08-19-2016, 12:07 PM
:ohmy:

pnelson
08-19-2016, 08:37 PM
shouldn't we be talking about Star Trek rather than spelling and grammar? HA!!

pinkmouse
08-20-2016, 03:11 AM
My friends, I made a terrible mistake, it's awful, I want to die! CBS discovered the Borg image in these forums, I did not know I could not post these images on-line...

Sorry to hear that mate. I think the problem was you posted the production shots. If you'd only downrezzed the model and simplified the texture, as in the trailer, I think you'd have got away with it.

Schwyhart
08-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Well here is what you can expect unless you have a lot of Star Trek ships and characters on your demo reel. I had neither. :D

Don't feel bad, I got the same email.

ianr
08-21-2016, 07:57 AM
Didn't U get an Open Return Ticket for after The ST gig?

js33
08-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Don't feel bad, I got the same email.

Oh I don't and didn't. :D

DonJMyers
08-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Well I still haven't heard anything even a rejection email from them. I'm so jealous of guys who merited a rejection email! At least I know they got my communication. Sigh. I suppose winning emmys just doesn't matter in this age of outsourcing.

erikals
08-30-2016, 03:27 PM
you might be over-qualified.

i got that once.

once... a very long time ago...  :oye: :)

DonJMyers
08-30-2016, 04:05 PM
you might be over-qualified.

I'm overqualified ... for a rejection letter???? That's all I'm asking for!

erikals
08-30-2016, 05:11 PM
you could call them.

but companies replying to such an email (or 3) isn't always policy these days.

kinda sucks, imo.

js33
08-30-2016, 06:59 PM
I'm overqualified ... for a rejection letter???? That's all I'm asking for!

Don you have a lot of film experience, probably more than anyone on here, but I looked at your website and all your youtube videos are nonexistent. Maybe they were pulled for copyright issues. So right now there are no animation examples on your site to look at it.

Whelkn
08-30-2016, 08:21 PM
Don't Worry Don I am sure Flash will hire you again at some point.