PDA

View Full Version : New forum colors?.

cove
07-28-2016, 12:53 PM
What do you think of the new forum color scheme?

Not shore i liked the color scheme when i first saw the new forum but have more or less adapted to it now.

Just for fun i captured the main forum window and changed the color of the borders to see how it would look with various shades.
As well as the example images ive posted ive also posted the original capture in case some of you want to show what you think
maybe a suitable alternative color.

If nothing else having a go at changing the color will at least pass some time away while we wait for the next post from Rob. :D

Looking forward to seeing other examples.

PS. You may need to adjust the tolerence of your fill tool.
eg. I needed to use 2 settings 50% for some borders and 20% for other borders.

SBowie
07-28-2016, 01:22 PM
What new forum colors?

cove
07-28-2016, 03:19 PM
What new forum colors?

Hi steve.
With all due respect im not shore how to respond to your comment.
I remember noticing, when this newer forum was posted, that the colors
seem to be different.
Also there is at least one other comment made about the different color scheme. Hence my posting this fun thread.
eg.
jwiede commented
"Steve, any chance of getting a decent (non-brown) light-on-dark theme, as existed before, but no longer does?"

Can anyone else confirm that the color scheme is now different than before the recent crash.

Triodin
07-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Hey Cove - yeah, I couldn't find the theme I was using before the crash so I sucked it up and made my own that draws from the Lightwave3d.com colors.

So if you like the Lightwave3d.com site, feel free to use my theme. It's a little bit of monkeying around to get working, but I assure you your eyes will thank you.

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?150835-Lightwave3d-com-style-forums

SBowie
07-28-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm not aware of any changes - at least deliberate ones. I'll inquire.

paulhart
07-28-2016, 09:47 PM
SBowie, Hello...
Glad you are contributing. I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic?? The yucky green/gold/brown theme is how the site came back, after the absence? There is/was a discussion about it and several users contributed solution in CSS to overwrite the design, yuck. I am including a screen shot of my now revised screen. This is not how it is if you don't use a 'hack.' Maybe your in house system has an over-ride, but all of us got the "yucky green/gold/brown theme" without explanation. Not the best of 'welcome back. '133829
The image at the far left is the one that we all got, I have no idea about the others.

cove
07-29-2016, 03:13 AM
Thanks for comments.
Could be a case here for lightwave developers to create a selection of alternative forum color schemes [maybe just the borders only].
Then members could choose a shade that suits them personally.
You can already change colors in various ways in modeler and layout.
So why not the forum as well.

Triodin
07-29-2016, 07:41 AM
Also, Paul, if you change your theme to "blue" your "forum" button won't be that offshoot color, just FYI.

SBowie
07-29-2016, 08:14 AM
I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic??Nope, don't do sarcasm ...

The yucky green/gold/brown theme is how the site came back, after the absence? There is/was a discussion about it and several users contributed solution in CSS to overwrite the design, yuck.I had seen the discussion, but the default for the forum has been a dark brownish theme for quite a long time. I don't really care for it myself, and use the medium blue on white background one - but any time I happen to be logged out, it goes to the default. So I assumed people just needed to re-select their pet theme ... but perhaps the forums came back up with one or two less themes for some reason - it seems to me that the list was a bit longer before.