PDA

View Full Version : UK Tricaster Users?

Podcast Bob
07-27-2016, 05:21 AM
In the spirit of helping each other out with technical advice or assistance on projects I wonder if it would be worth starting a Facebook Tricaster Group?

I know there are a few in the UK and Facebook is something we all have to live with, but it is a bit more immediate than waiting for the US to wake up in the morning ;)

Just a thought. Any takers?

AElli
07-27-2016, 12:20 PM
So would the agreement be, that USA users who sign up to this FB group no longer be allowed to sleep ? Most of what I see on FB puts me to sleep. Are there not enough UK users here on this forum. Do you really envisage that many problems with your setup and do you have that great a need for answers you can't wait a couple hrs for help, and what makes FB responses any quicker ? Also is spreading help and advise out over the net, diluting info over different places going to help anyone find it quicker ?
A.

Podcast Bob
07-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Blimey, someone woke up a little grumpy this morning didn't they ;)

I did suggest tech help AND local assistance. As there isn't a timezone between any part of the UK, (apart from Scotland because they think they are different) it would be possible to enjoy a meet up to assist, suggest a local supplier of something or talk tech if we wanted.

So unlike the bigger, brasher, brighter and more Trump-ier US, we kinda get along with each other, don't suggest building any more walls (Oooeer it's that Scotland thing again) and I'm sure someone in the same timezone, might just have a local tip for a solution to anything we may have in mind.

From what you say, it does imply that a good read of some FB posts would help you sleep more and maybe wake up in a more cheerful mood.

But of course we could have the same rules as Mr Trump, so anyone would be welcome, providing they weren't hispanic, muslim, a member of BLM, or a member of the gun lobby, or maybe a trigger happy police officer LOL :)

dtweek
08-25-2016, 08:11 AM
I'd join, but only if everyone was nice to each other. Also bear in mind a lot of people in telly hold odd hours so may be sleeping at various points throughout the day, so if you could avoid any loud drilling and banging that would be helpful.