PDA

View Full Version : lightwave 2015 insists on dongle every time computer hiccups

webgenie
07-26-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm using lightwave 2015, like most of you, which is supposed to run without a dongle. Every time my computer hiccups, all of a sudden Lightwave stops working and goes into discovery mode. It then will only work with a Dongle. I can drop the license on it until I turn blue, even though I start lightwave in admin mode, but it never ever works. There must be a way to fix this. Can the license be installed manually or something since automatic installation never seems to work?

OnlineRender
07-26-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm using lightwave 2015, like most of you, which is supposed to run without a dongle. Every time my computer hiccups, all of a sudden Lightwave stops working and goes into discovery mode. It then will only work with a Dongle. I can drop the license on it until I turn blue, even though I start lightwave in admin mode, but it never ever works. There must be a way to fix this. Can the license be installed manually or something since automatic installation never seems to work?

don't suppose you have secondary LW install by any chance ? I found that having LW2015 and LW2015.3 caused some issues "just spit balling here btw!"

webgenie
07-27-2016, 08:42 AM
I might. I'll double check, then should I delete one or both then reinstall?

zapper1998
07-28-2016, 02:56 AM
I have all the versions installed .
all in separate folders.
and all use the separate config target on the short cuts.

and I still use dongle have some plugins tied to it still.