PDA

View Full Version : Octane 3.0

zapper1998
07-26-2016, 04:24 AM
When I shut down layout, and the hub, layout does not shut down. Have manually use Task manager to end task, for layout.
Have latest build.

Hub shuts down and layout shuts down but layout just refuses to end task..??

mike

juanjgon
07-27-2016, 01:37 AM
Hi,

Weird issue, are you sure that the problem is related to Octane? Can be a problem deactivating the license, but it should work if you have an internet connection, or anyway fail without hang the Layout task.

-Juanjo

zapper1998
07-27-2016, 03:49 PM
I tell Layout to close. Layout closes, but remains hanging as a running task.

I did run layout, loaded a couple of scenes, no octane, Layout closes fine.

I run layout and load the benchmark scene, close layout, but remains as a running task.

I have noticed this only happens with when I use Octane. ????

Hub wont close if layout is running. !!!

But after I close layout, and close hub, hub closes with no layout issue. when I used Octane.

No crash or critical errors....

Interesting. it is.

Mike

juanjgon
07-28-2016, 02:06 AM
Really weird. What version of LightWave and the plugin are you using?

Do you have this problem even with an empty scene (open the Layout, enable the plugin and close the Layout)?

Thanks,
-Juanjo

zapper1998
07-28-2016, 02:50 AM
LW 2015.3
plugin is 3.03.2

and yes it does it with an empty scène also...

Thanks

juanjgon
07-28-2016, 03:04 AM
Well, I've never seen this problem before. It is hard to know what could be the problem ... perhaps a side effect with other plugin, or a configs problem?

Can you please open the master plugins panel (CTLR+"q") to see if you have other master plugins running in the Layout, not only the Octane one?

Perhaps you should try to clean your LW configs, or even try to install a new fresh LW to test the plugin on it to see if you can reproduce the problem.

Thanks,
-Juanjo

zapper1998
07-31-2016, 07:19 AM
ok
will check