PDA

View Full Version : Pausing Macros, great! but how?

gegillam
07-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Ok, I have an 8000AE and want to write a series of macros for my show open.....that has pauses in it. I have been using a 8 macro show open for a couple of years so macros aren't new to me. My problem is that I want to learn more about this #pause thing. I envision just hitting one button (macro advance) to complete the entire series of steps needed for my show open. (you know talent, transition to tease 1, transition to tease2....and so one, but only advancing when I tell it to)

I can find absolutely nothing explaining how to use it. ANYWHERE! Yea, the manual mentions it, but that's it. I could probably get along if I could just see a screen shot of a macro that uses a #pause.

Further, the manual then says that the " ' " symbol starts the macro up again.......How?

kanep
07-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Build the macro with all of the steps that you want. Then go into the macro editor and insert a empty line where you want a pause to be (right click to get option to insert a line). For the name of the command put in "#pause" (no quotes). Now when your macro run it will stop at this spot waiting for you to press the continue command.

The default command to continue a paused macro is the grave accent (`) key. If you put multiple #pause commands in a macro, press the grave key each time you want to continue.

SBowie
07-25-2016, 08:52 PM
By pressing it on the keyboard ... it's really not complicated.

fgolman
07-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Works really well, FYI.

I have a fairly complicated show open that I've got a macro set up, with a number of pause points, to pace with the host reading his opening script.

See a stream of show from 7/24/16 as an example (FYI, this is a combination of radio and TV program. You can hear the radio program on about 60 stations across the country and on Sirius XM as well as view live on YouTube): http://www.beyondthebeltway.com

Cheers!

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

JonRaidel
07-28-2016, 11:44 AM
Ok, I have an 8000AE and want to write a series of macros for my show open.....that has pauses in it. I have been using a 8 macro show open for a couple of years so macros aren't new to me. My problem is that I want to learn more about this #pause thing. I envision just hitting one button (macro advance) to complete the entire series of steps needed for my show open. (you know talent, transition to tease 1, transition to tease2....and so one, but only advancing when I tell it to)

I can find absolutely nothing explaining how to use it. ANYWHERE! Yea, the manual mentions it, but that's it. I could probably get along if I could just see a screen shot of a macro that uses a #pause.

Further, the manual then says that the " ' " symbol starts the macro up again.......How?

I use #pause & resume macro on all of my macros. I dedicated a big red but for the 'continue macro'

truely great work that makes a huge difference!

dtweek
08-25-2016, 08:18 AM
Is this only available on AE? I just ran a test on an 8000 running standard edition and it didn't seem to work.

fgolman
08-25-2016, 09:43 AM
Yep, just AE1 and AE2. Sorry.

Fritz