PDA

View Full Version : Which application ?

AElli
07-25-2016, 02:53 PM
I'm looking to grab an NDI feed from a network, and push it out via SDI. I have a BMD decklink duo card in the pc. Can Newtek connect do this, or is it only connect pro that will achieve this.

A.

GThomas
07-25-2016, 04:46 PM
My understanding is Connect will do it and that Connect Pro just extends the number of NDI channels to 4 and adds several other features. I think Connect is free so it would be easy to test if it fit what you needed.

kanep
07-25-2016, 04:47 PM
NDI Connect (the free version) can do this.

AElli
07-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys, you have confirmed what I had thought, but I'm having no luck with connect. I'll try with another PC, but didn't want the hassle of swapping out cards if it only worked with connect pro.

A.

GThomas
07-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks guys, you have confirmed what I had thought, but I'm having no luck with connect. I'll try with another PC, but didn't want the hassle of swapping out cards if it only worked with connect pro.

A.

I'm sure you've reviewed this page, but here's a good explanation of basic requirements and a comparison between the paid and free app.
http://pages.newtek.com/NDI-Connect-Download.html

AElli
07-27-2016, 12:04 PM
Tnks gabe, I was aware, but needing to take an NDI stream and push it out as SDI to feed into a remote hardware recorder. Kinda the opposite of grabbing SDI and sending over IP.

livepad
08-03-2016, 04:29 AM
I'm looking to grab an NDI feed from a network, and push it out via SDI. I have a BMD decklink duo card in the pc. Can Newtek connect do this, or is it only connect pro that will achieve this.

A.

If you wanted to do that on Mac OSX, Sienna's new "NDI Outlet" will be suitable

http://sienna.tv/ndi

JPulera
08-03-2016, 12:45 PM
NDI Connect is the correct app to send NDI to output card like Black Magic

Thanks

Jeff

AElli
08-03-2016, 02:39 PM
A mac is Not something I would consider. I do now have this working,. The issue, BMD driver updates, rolled back to earlier vers and.... Now it works.
A.