PDA

View Full Version : Remove Program/Preview from the interface

BenMakesTV
07-25-2016, 05:45 AM
I want to be able to remove the P/P row from the interface! If I'm using a control surface, I'd rather use that space for expanding my media players.

Anthony Hunt
07-25-2016, 03:10 PM
I have to agree. I know some users are going to say "the USB control surface might fail" but being able to dock it like the M/E panel would be really useful. Personally I'd like to see the "Sound" panel being able to be relocate ble into this space so we can always see it. Or use the real estate for sources too.

Maybe the interface could be dockable/pinable? Like some other interfaces? *cough* like Adobe?

kanep
07-25-2016, 04:46 PM
You can adjust the vertical size of the multiview area which will give you more area for the media players. On some software versions you can also adjust between the left size mutliview monitors and right side PV/PGM motions. If your model support this, just drag all the way to the right to remove those monitors.

Anthony Hunt
07-25-2016, 04:59 PM
I need to check this? I've not found this on AE2. But being able to hide the switcher panel would be really useful!

SBowie
07-25-2016, 05:38 PM
On most models if not all models, there is a screen-wide horizontal drag bar just below the monitor section. This will let you hide the viewports, but not the main Switcher.

JPulera
07-26-2016, 11:47 AM
With AE v2, if you right-click in the Preview window, you can set that to show any source other than Preview. I imagine Program may be the same, guess I haven't tried.

Thanks

Jeff

SBowie
07-26-2016, 01:25 PM
I think the goal of the original request was to remove the actual switcher rows.

kanep
07-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Ah, I was thinking the monitors, but I can see that the switcher rows might be what he is asking.

dtweek
08-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Just discovered this funciton, it's great. However dragging the bar down not only hides the switch it hides the DDR and GFX list. Would be great if you could drag the DDR list up. I would find it more useful to be able to see a larger DDR list and larger preview windows than a visual representation of the switcher. I tend to minimize the M/Es so I just see the P/P row, but being able to hide this and see more of everything would be useful. It's not something that I realised was bugging me until I read this mind :)