PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave3d.com style forums

Triodin
07-22-2016, 08:34 AM
Hey all -

Web guy by day, Lightwaver by night.

Really enjoyed the revamped lightwave3d.com style and when the fourms died none of the colors felt awesome to me so I made my own based off the lightwave3d.com colors.

I've attached screens to show ya what it looks like.

Works with Chrome on windows for sure, haven't tested with anything else.

Here's the instructions to do it yourself!

1. Install Stylish Extension for Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

2. Click "Write style for this site" while you're on forums.newtek.com

3. Copy and paste the the CSS found in the lightwave-forum-css.txt file into the stylish editor

4. Click save

5. Voila!

I haven't done all the "settings" pages yet as I rarely go into those and wanted a quick fix to make things a bit nicer for my day-to-day.

Hope you enjoy!

OlaHaldor
07-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Awesome color palette. I don't care for the 'new' colors either. Will install yours!

calilifestyle
07-22-2016, 10:41 AM
thank you so much

HenrikSkoglund
07-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Very nice, agree! Please Newtek, configure the new forum like this as default :)

Triodin
07-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Thanks all - it's not perfect yet, but it's usable. If you're having trouble with the stylish, make sure your template is set to "blue" for maximum template compatibility.
If there's any elements that you use and see that aren't fixed, lemme know and I'll revamp those first for my next update.

Ryan Roye
07-22-2016, 11:50 AM
This is beautiful, thank you!

The only thing I'd change is the background/text color of field boxes to match the Lightwave site's black/grey field style.

Also, I can confirm this works with firefox.

sudac20
07-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Nice... Thanks

OnlineRender
07-22-2016, 02:41 PM
superb mate , 100x better , I done a logo overwrite also :D 133783

Vote for this to be implemented

Triodin
07-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Hey Ryan - big thanks to you for all the ikboost stuff you've done and I've been a huge fan of delura - been catching it from the very beginning and loving the episodes and comics!

Here's an additional block of CSS that you can either add to the existing rule or create a new rule so you could turn it on/off separate from the rest of the forum changes.

I kinda like the white on black while I'm typing, so I figure this modular approach would allow people to make a choice. I just targeted a few things for now, if you see anything in particular that you'd like changed lemme know and I can output another update.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome Online Render, will take a look at replacing the top logo with your awesome new one! :D

OnlineRender
07-22-2016, 02:53 PM
its not mine , I nicked it off the official site :D

the edit post rollover is white btw

paulhart
07-22-2016, 03:36 PM
So much better, thank you. I included the extra lines to make this box work with the style, otherwise, so much better. Now, that wasn't so hard was it. Newtek, anybody?? Weird, noxious, puky, yellow green, is not a designer choice, unless this is the New Choice for Lightwave 2017 and they want it to be similiar, in which case, YUK!!

Triodin
07-22-2016, 04:04 PM
Updated with the new logo CSS rewrite, gonna take a look at the edit thing now.

Edit fixed.

Nope.

Edit really fixed now...

OnlineRender
07-22-2016, 04:53 PM
Updated with the new logo CSS rewrite, gonna take a look at the edit thing now.

Edit fixed.

Nope.

Edit really fixed now...

much respect , appreciate the effort , now if we can get the forum admin to implement sketchfab tinymc button "easy" and a few other small tweaks and install the thumbnail hack life will be good

Tobian
07-22-2016, 05:19 PM
What a lovely style! Used!

Matt
07-22-2016, 05:21 PM
MUCH nicer, those default styles messed with my design sensibilities!

Might have to pass this thread to IT and harass them to add it! :D

paulhart
07-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Please Matt, use your 'persuasive powers', just like in your Avatar. Help them to see the error of their ways. I can go merrily along with my 'hacked' bookmark to just get the Lightwave forums rather than all of Newtek, and I have quickly adopted this Style sheet, with the one addition of "greyinput.txt' to make this section of writing a reply more useful. Didn't anybody just ask you?? before this got pushed on us?? Thank you for your advocacy on behalf of us mere peons.

Triodin
07-22-2016, 07:18 PM
MUCH nicer, those default styles messed with my design sensibilities!

Might have to pass this thread to IT and harass them to add it! :D

It's my honor good sir knight! I'm still in awe of what you've done with the Graph Editor UI/UX - can't tell you how psyched I am for LW Next!

Lito
07-22-2016, 09:11 PM
Installed the Stylish plugin in Firefox and added this. Really nice job I like it.

fishhead
07-23-2016, 06:22 AM
Thanks Triodin! Really appreciate the effort. Much, much nicer! :-)

BeeVee
07-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Nice but it changes other tabs for me as well (using Stylish on Firefox). My other tabs all have smaller text.

B

BeeVee
07-23-2016, 09:01 AM
And while I was taking the picture, Steph (OnlineRender) had his super whizzy 360° camera sitting on the table getting this: https://theta360.com/s/pfm2zhJxHPbwOuokexymnK9lQ

B

erikals
07-23-2016, 05:08 PM
Thank you for uploading new icons!

i uploaded a version 2 with a black outline some time back, as the current ones have "trouble" on a white background.

if a quick fix is doable, here are the files...

...if not, thanks for the fix... :) http://erikalstad.com/backup/misc.php_files/smile.gif

erikals
07-23-2016, 05:38 PM
Awesome color palette!

+1

might switch... :)

Lito
07-24-2016, 08:33 AM
Nice but it changes other tabs for me as well (using Stylish on Firefox). My other tabs all have smaller text.

B
Did you specify it only for the forums.newtek.com? I think if you only go to manage new styles and add it there it defaults to all websites and that will try to skin every site you visit. If you see the icon on the firefox interface for stylish Left click it and select "Write new style" and the sub menu "for forums.newtek.com" then paste the code between the { }

BeeVee
07-25-2016, 05:12 AM
Brilliant, thanks Lito. That was the step I missed.

B

Triodin
07-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Can't tell you how many times I've applied a stylish style to everything - lol. Glad it got figured out! Still poking around the nooks and crannies of the site, should have some updated css late this week if time allows.

prometheus
07-28-2016, 07:24 PM
prometheus can confirm that the scheme colors posted by triodin is very nice, I like it, but Im not sure if I wan´t to mess with installed plugins for firefox...which I use mostly if that affects other things.

But please webmasters here, try and get that color scheme in to the selectably styles in your drop down menu here, that would be nice.

spherical
07-29-2016, 12:05 AM
I don't bother with Stylish extensions and such, but instead roll my own in FF by coding directly in userContent.css.