PDA

View Full Version : Anima 2

samurai_x
07-22-2016, 06:04 AM
We are offering a summer 25% discount off everything in the AXYZ store until the end of July!

Take advantage of this promo to purchase some of our Metropoly 3d Characters, ready for 3ds Max, Cinema 4D, SketchUp, Rhino and LightWave, with a 25% discount.

Or get Anima 2, the new version of our Crowd Simulation Software, for only 186.75 instead of the usual 249.

https://secure.axyz-design.com/

Did they bring back collada yet?

Niko3D
07-22-2016, 07:58 AM
I have Anima2...and it's still without one exporter for Collada. So for now for us LW's users Anima2 is useless...

Niko3D
07-28-2016, 08:58 AM
https://secure.axyz-design.com/anima-developing

dreamtracing
01-24-2017, 10:51 PM
I have Anima2...and it's still without one exporter for Collada. So for now for us LW's users Anima2 is useless...

I have Anima2 too.
it's still without one exporter for LW now... ><

kopperdrake
01-25-2017, 01:23 AM
I also have Anima2, bought last November so I could play with it until "early next year" when AXYZ stated the update with the Collada exporter was planned to be released, after I asked.

Next email stated "Regarding the collada exporter, we have it already in Beta but I can't tell you exactly when it is going to be released"

I bought it on the back of 'beta' and 'early next year'. I sincerely hope now that Christmas is out of the way they can prioritise the exporter as it's pretty useless to any LightWaver until it's done. Great bit of software - bit like owning the prettiest ball gown but no one's throwing a party.

dreamtracing
01-25-2017, 01:47 AM
I also have Anima2, bought last November so I could play with it until "early next year" when AXYZ stated the update with the Collada exporter was planned to be released, after I asked.

Next email stated "Regarding the collada exporter, we have it already in Beta but I can't tell you exactly when it is going to be released"

I bought it on the back of 'beta' and 'early next year'. I sincerely hope now that Christmas is out of the way they can prioritise the exporter as it's pretty useless to any LightWaver until it's done. Great bit of software - bit like owning the prettiest ball gown but no one's throwing a party.

I will consider using 3DSMAX as a backup
Platform, before AXYZ support Lightwave, thank you for your answer!^~<

kopperdrake
02-20-2017, 03:28 AM
A quick bump to say that getting in touch with AXYZ a couple of weeks ago led them to tell me that they plan on a release in March with the necessary exporters :)

3dworks
02-21-2017, 10:16 AM
A quick bump to say that getting in touch with AXYZ a couple of weeks ago led them to tell me that they plan on a release in March with the necessary exporters :)

cool! using anima as well for static people in LW here... at the moment i export from C4D (to which anima scenes can be loaded with corresponding plugin) via OBJ. for exporting from C4D i'm using the excellent riptide pro plugin, as the native maxon OBJ export is a joke. works well, but of course, not for animation. hope LW will be supported soon, that would be great!

cheers

markus

Ztreem
02-21-2017, 10:42 AM
cool! using anima as well for static people in LW here... at the moment i export from C4D (to which anima scenes can be loaded with corresponding plugin) via OBJ. for exporting from C4D i'm using the excellent riptide pro plugin, as the native maxon OBJ export is a joke. works well, but of course, not for animation. hope LW will be supported soon, that would be great!

cheers

markus

Can't you export a fbx from c4d for transfering animation and objects?

3dworks
02-21-2017, 01:01 PM
Can't you export a fbx from c4d for transfering animation and objects?

yes probably this could work, but as long as i don't need animated people i won't mess around with it. FBX in LW does not transport textures if i remember correctly...

Greenlaw
02-21-2017, 02:36 PM
I mainly use FBX for transferring rig motions and cameras, but I don't think I've seen any problems with regular textures coming through FBX when there's a UV map.

Surface properties, on the other hand, are a whole other thing but that's because surface settings vary from program to program.

kopperdrake
03-29-2017, 04:19 AM

mch
03-29-2017, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the heads up with the countdown to Anima 2.5 . . .

Keep fingers crossed for export to Lightwave !

Regards,

Marcus

mch
04-03-2017, 04:08 AM

24 hours to go . . .

Release Notes:

ANIMA 2.5.0 MAJOR UPDATE | 04/04/2017

NEW FEATURES:
A new Export option is now available from the Scenes menu, allowing you to convert your scene into a common 3D format! The exporter module has the same limitations as the anima Plugin if no license is currently active. The formats currently available are:
OpenCOLLADA (Point Cache or Skeleton): Blender and Lightwave presets have been included for convenience.

:-)

Regards,

Marcus

samurai_x
04-03-2017, 04:25 AM
So it supports lightwave now? Are you sure? Pointcache means we can use dponts pc loader directly in layout.
I wish they would extend the countdown.

mch
04-03-2017, 05:02 AM
So it supports lightwave now? Are you sure? Pointcache means we can use dponts pc loader directly in layout.
I wish they would extend the countdown.

Hello samurai_x !

I think it is MDD Point Cache with collada scene export...

Captain Marlowe Anima 1.71 beta export video tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOC00UGx3nA
I hope they fixed the texture export issue . . .

Wait and see tomorrow ... ;-)

Regards,

Marcus

THIBAULT
04-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Work perfect with Anima 1.8 !

ianr
04-04-2017, 08:21 AM
ANIMA 2.5 Demo Reel (Hot Stuff)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUsn2MNE190

At 1min 11 secs IN : Collada (2nd screen) shows LWS.

Super Duper !!!!

kopperdrake
04-04-2017, 09:50 AM
I'll just get a few projects cleared then download it to play with. Finally :D

mch
04-04-2017, 10:15 AM
I'll just get a few projects cleared then download it to play with. Finally :D

Downloaded and installed Anima 2.5 . . .
Scene Export to Lightwave works fine. Just tested with a demo scene so far . . .
Texture maps are correctly exported and MDD Point Cache data is assigned without a hiccup.

So.
Collada Scene export with Lightwave preset finally arrived with Anima version 2.5 !

Thank you Kopperdrake for keeping an eye on the development !

Regards,

Marcus

kopperdrake
04-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Fantastic news Marcus, sounds easier than before! :thumbsup:

mch
04-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Fantastic news Marcus, sounds easier than before! :thumbsup:

Definitely ! ;-)
I'm keen on your report . . .

Cheers,

Marcus

CaptainMarlowe
04-04-2017, 12:00 PM
Yeah, really great news !

Edit : but no mac version... :(

samurai_x
04-04-2017, 11:57 PM
Whats included for 199? Any character libraries included?
Is it locked to one computer?

kopperdrake
04-05-2017, 01:53 AM
24 rigged and 12 ready-posed characters, three rendering nodes plus the PC the application is installed on. I'm not sure if the installation is node-locked, it was a few months ago I installed v2 so it's a little hazy.

Niko3D
04-06-2017, 04:06 AM
Hi guys.
I've updated Anima 2.5...it seems cool but I need some of your tips!
Sorry I have few questions and I hope you can help me...

1- How can upload my group of people inside one ready scene? Because if I import the collada file LW close the scene and it opens the file in a new scene...and if I load the "object" with "+" I miss the texture, and I have more than 100 people, so I can not re-texture more than 100 people!!!
2- In my case the people are static...so how can I import directly the 100 .MDD in the sane time? Because in this new version I saw there's no option for export the file in "static"...so every time Anima export also the .MDD file, and people are in the wrong position.

Thank you

kopperdrake
04-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Sorry, I've not had time to look at it yet :( I'm hoping someone can jump in and give you the answer you need!

Niko3D
04-06-2017, 05:46 AM
Sorry, I've not had time to look at it yet :( I'm hoping someone can jump in and give you the answer you need!

No worries...thanks for worry.
Because now Anima works fine for little scene and when you have to put less .MDD. But I have to put a big crowd seating in static way and I have some problems.

Niko3D
04-06-2017, 07:05 AM
I think I can resolve it in this way:

-open new empty scene and import collada crowd.
-use the multi load MDD (under File>Import>Mdd Multi loader) and save
-open my scene and import the crowd as Load Items from scene

should be ok like this...

mch
04-06-2017, 07:21 AM
I think I can resolve it in this way:

-open new empty scene and import collada crowd.
-use the multi load MDD (under File>Import>Mdd Multi loader) and save
-open my scene and import the crowd as Load Items from scene

should be ok like this...

Exactly !

First import the collada scene to get all the characters and texture maps into LW Layout.
Than use the MDD Multi Loader to get the motion onto the characters.
Save LW scene.

Now you can load items from scene to get other assets as wanted into the LW crowd scene or vice versa.

Works fine.

Regards,

Marcus

Niko3D
04-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Exactly !

First import the collada scene to get all the characters and texture maps into LW Layout.
Save LW scene.

Now you can load items from scene to get other assets as wanted into the LW crowd scene or vice versa.

Works fine.

Regards,

Marcus

Yes!In this way works fine...it's a bit tricky and the workflow is not very linear, but it's ok. Without a real plugin there's not much to do.

samurai_x
04-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Can you import building models or primitives into anima to place characters into it?

Niko3D
04-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Can you import building models or primitives into anima to place characters into it?

Yes of course.
In Anima you import your file (also complicated building) or what you need...(in my case I've imported just the seats)...and you can do all you want. Anima is very powerful and useful.
Check the website or you tube channel!;)

mch
04-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Hi samurai_x !

You can load LW lwo files directly into Anima as background models. (OBJ and FBX work as well)
https://docs.axyz-design.com/article/importing-background-models/
It is recomended to reduce the geometry to the needed basic collision geometry to get the foot contact and terrain adaption calculated.
So you can have multiple floors and uneven terrain for example.
Not to mention stairs which are well implemented from a simple straight walk cycle interpretation.
Nice concept.

Regards,

Marcus

04-07-2017, 05:38 AM
Hi All!
Has anyone imported custom rigged character into anima using Lightwave or other program? ( not 3DSMAX or C4D)
-Sean

mch
04-07-2017, 05:50 AM
Hi All!
Has anyone imported custom rigged character into anima using Lightwave or other program? ( not 3DSMAX or C4D)
-Sean

Hi Sean !
It is possible to import custom rigged characters into Anima 2 via FBX.
FBX geometry and textures import fine in general but the bone rig has to fit the naming conventions exactly.
If the Max Biped standard is used it should be recognised correctly.
If the naming is different a screen pops up and you have to map the bones accordingly.

Regards,

Marcus

samurai_x
04-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Alright will download the demo again.
This is the only feasible crowd generator for lw right now.
Just hope there's a way to activate and deactivate license from desktop to laptop vice versa.

kopperdrake
04-09-2017, 06:52 AM
I think I read that there was - I believe there's an hour wait though, but it was in the online documentation when comparing the various license options. Worth checking because there's mention made somewhere on their site, just don't take my word for it and buy it on my feeble memory :thumbsup:

samurai_x
04-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Wish there was an easier way to download the demo or lite version. :D

samurai_x
04-14-2017, 02:31 AM
The mdd worked flawlessly. Lightwave now has a new cool crowd sim that is more advance than 3dmax populate.

But the textures are not automatically assigned to the characters when I loaded the collada file in layout.
I tried to put the collada file into the texture folder to force reading the textures but didn't work.
I used the lightwave preset exporter from anima lite.

samurai_x
04-14-2017, 02:53 AM
So apparently lw 11 doesn't import collada correctly.

Everything works in lw 2015.

Amazing! It was really hard to do these types of scenes a couple of years ago. The calculation time for 3dmax's older crowd system took hours. They added Populate which doesn't really do real crowd simulations with behaviors, but anima seems to do real crowd behaviors.

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 05:16 AM
NEED HELP PLEASE -
I 've existing scene and i want to import my Anima 2.5 3D people in this scene. How can i do, when importing is finished, for moving my MDD 3D People in my scene ? At this time, i can't !
Thanks to all

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 05:23 AM
Exactly !

Save LW scene.

Works fine.

Regards,

Marcus

Yes, but how do you move 3D characters in your scene, to ajust for exemple ? Thanks

THIBAULT
04-16-2017, 05:57 AM
It's OK ! Proble come with world or object coordinates. In object coordinates, all is good, i can move my caracters ! Happy !

04-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Hi All!
I tried to do a FBX export of a character out of modeler with genoma bones and anima import will not recognize the bones. It will import it as a model. Does anyone have a work flow from modeler to anima?

mch
04-16-2017, 08:03 AM
Hi All!
I tried to do a FBX export of a character out of modeler with genoma bones and anima import will not recognize the bones. It will import it as a model. Does anyone have a work flow from modeler to anima?

Hi !

Exporting from Modeler will not create a bone rig in your model.
You have to go to Layout and convert the Genoma setup into a bone rig.
When exporting your model from Layout in FBX format it will now contain the bones.
You can check your FBX model with the free FBX Review tool for example to see if it contains a rig.
Anima will try to recognize the bone hierachy but mostly you will be asked to map it accordingly to their naming convention.

Anima accepts only single mesh objects.
Cloth should be part of it and not another layer. Like a sculpture or 3D scan model for example . . .
Separate not connected parts result in penetration issues when motion is applied.

Regards,

Marcus

samurai_x
04-17-2017, 03:09 AM
I think I read that there was - I believe there's an hour wait though, but it was in the online documentation when comparing the various license options. Worth checking because there's mention made somewhere on their site, just don't take my word for it and buy it on my feeble memory :thumbsup:

I just read the manual.

https://docs.axyz-design.com/article/licensing/
"Please note that this process can be done every 24 hours and has a limit of 3 times per year."

That's a bit strict.

I wonder if they would ever consider a steam version. Floating license that's handled by steam itself so no concurrent licenses but still flexible.

They would sell a ton more licenses like Modo indie, Substnace and Marvelous if they consider Steam.

samurai_x
04-17-2017, 03:32 AM
Some docs importing your own characters.
https://docs.axyz-design.com/article/importing-characters/

So its straightforward with 3dmax biped. Why am I not surprised :D

04-17-2017, 05:44 AM
Thanks Marcus.

3dworks
04-22-2017, 12:19 PM
hi everyone, trying to get an anima 2.5 DAE file into LW. i'm having an issue with the textures, which cannot be found. did anyone find out the trick to load all textures for the respective characters?

EDIT: found it out in the meantimes: textures need to be on the same path hierarchy level as the DAE file.

@newtek: in an updated version of the collada importer it would be nice to have a dialog asking for missing textures paths.

cheers

markus