PDA

View Full Version : New blog post or release date information

js33
07-18-2016, 01:55 PM
OK since we just came back online today I will start it off.

When will we have a new blog post or release date information for Lightwave Next?

cresshead
07-18-2016, 03:21 PM
"when it's ready" not a second before... :)

js33
07-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Hopefully this year sometime.

DrStrik9
07-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Soon would be good, but seriously, I'd like it to be strong and deliver well on the promises, so even if it takes another "while," that'd be ok with me ...

Snosrap
07-18-2016, 09:31 PM
If not next week then never. Surely if they don't ship during Siggraph next week they've got some major issues. Its been 9 months since the first blog and 3 months ago they were so close to shipping that they could hardly give us the time of day. So Siggraph next week is their time.

rustythe1
07-19-2016, 12:45 AM
well they are not listed as contributors or anything on the latest downloadable program, and as it starts on the 22nd? not much time to set up shop, also no mention of any live streaming stuff around the same time so looks like 2017 will be in 2017

djwaterman
07-19-2016, 01:18 AM
Perhaps during Siggraph, but I don't see a pressing need for it (apart from us wanting it).

zapper1998
07-19-2016, 02:40 AM
wow ok
cant remember all that was said in this thread we have to start all over... dang..

ok send all emails pertaining to this post maybe..???

its like looking back.. hmmm

Snosrap
07-19-2016, 07:53 AM
well they are not listed as contributors or anything on the latest downloadable program, and as it starts on the 22nd? not much time to set up shop, also no mention of any live streaming stuff around the same time so looks like 2017 will be in 2017
In years past there have been a number of new releases during Siggraph from publishers that have not had a physical presence during the show. It's been 3 months since the last blog post and they said that they were so close and so busy that it was hard to post anything so the timing seems right unless of course LW Next is one big cluster @!$% and it doesn't work at all. :) Releasing during Siggraph makes good sense as there is a lot of excitement of all things CG during that time.

rustythe1
07-20-2016, 06:47 AM
well one release I will be interested in seeing is Clarisse is having a version 3 release at siggraph, i have been considering it for quite some time as it has crazy scene handling and rendering speed (and cpu like lightwave) and the fact it plays well with LW, in fact i think LWO is more or less its native import, it just takes a bit to grasp as its almost a new way of doing things, but its almost like a replacement/partner for Layout as there are not really any modelling tools, it used to be really cheap for what it could do but the price has been creeping up, but there is a free version with next to no restrictions.

Chris S. (Fez)
07-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Today is the final day for the Vray for Modo 20% off deal and I am torn. Was really hoping we would hear something concrete about LW Next by now.

pinkmouse
07-20-2016, 01:36 PM
If you need it, buy it. Spend money on tools you can use now, if you wait for hypothetical upgrades you'll never get 'owt done. ;)

rustythe1
07-20-2016, 02:11 PM
well, news letter just out, and no mention of siggraph, or next, and yet another add a seat promotion, so, I think we are looking towards Q4 if its this year

Chris S. (Fez)
07-20-2016, 02:46 PM
well, news letter just out, and no mention of siggraph, or next, and yet another add a seat promotion, so, I think we are looking towards Q4 if its this year

Seems that way. Not upset, just disappointed. Some straightforward communication from LW Group would go a long way.

Great work on the latest newsletter, LW Group...those making of videos showcasing Lightwave are awesome:

https://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/article/2016-summer-edition-lightwave-newsletter/

hrgiger
07-20-2016, 03:08 PM
I was thinking oh new lightwave newsletter, there has to finally be some information on LW next by now. But no.

50one
07-20-2016, 03:34 PM
I cannot help but do wonder about that motion graphic in lw newsletter as the image used is a Google images picture, stumbled upon the same image when I was looking for warehouse picture...kinda odd.

Chris S. (Fez)
07-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Huh. Maybe a royalty free stock image mapped with LW geometry and relit in Layout?

jeric_synergy
07-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Working on C4DL. Will maybe start Blender.

50one
07-20-2016, 04:04 PM
It might be, plenty of that image around.

MichaelT
07-20-2016, 04:24 PM

When will we have a new blog post or release date information for Lightwave Next?

As long as they don't do Valve time, and take 'half-life' literally, I can wait :)

Snosrap
07-20-2016, 09:47 PM

Seems that way doesn't it. I will truly be disappointed if they don't release around Siggraph next week. Why? It's a confidence issue in NT and their inability to deliver LW updates. They keep saying they need to fix the underlying structure of LW and then they can really get rolling - come on that has been forever. Core could have been kick ***** by now.

rustythe1
07-21-2016, 12:05 AM
me too, it would be just nice to be informed if its likely to be weeks, months, years. just a vague idea would be good.

BokadCastle
07-21-2016, 04:55 AM
Core could have been kick ***** by now.
Yep, easy.

50one
07-21-2016, 06:23 AM
Yep, easy.

Or looked like Clarisse with no effort;)

sadkkf
07-21-2016, 07:29 AM

My thinking exactly.

When money isn't coming in, the quickest way to generate some cash to continue development is a sale on an existing product and you don't do that right before a release.

Dan Ritchie
07-21-2016, 09:47 AM
I'll collect my quatloos in September

pming
07-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Hiya!

I'm not upset. I'm not disappointed. What am I? Not surprised, that's what.

Core could have been kick ***** by now.

I've been saying this for years. I think it was a MONUMENTALLY BAD IDEA to drop CORE. It took the MODO guys 3 years to put out Modo. Since then, well, look at how prominent MODO is. I hear "Modo this" and "Modo that" *constantly* on the net...web sites, forums, game companies, freelancer hang outs, etc. You know what I hear about Lightwave? "[crickets chirping]", or, worse, "Lightwave? They're still around? People use that?".

If they would have stuck with CORE, I firmly believe that it would be saying "Core this" and Core that"...not "Modo this", and "Modo that".

To me, the most telling thing is this: I am getting a 'newsletter'. All it says is "Look at these guys who have been using Lightwave for a decade or two! It's still relevant! It's hip. It's 'with it'. ...tuka-tuka-tuka-tuka-ooooOOUUHHp.... Oh, and give us money!" (sorry for the Dr.Evil reference in there near the end)

I see TONS of folks learning Blender, all highschool or college/uni. I see lots of newly added industry folks (those who are starting their careers in 3D after school/learning) picking up Maya, 3DS Max, C4D, or Modo. I see nobody learning Lightwave. Sad...

^_^

Paul L. Ming

MichaelT
07-21-2016, 04:07 PM
It is much easier to build something like Modo when you are unecumbered with history, and present users demands for stability. I still think they should happily break stuff with this release though. Old users, still have their older product in their accounts.

Dan Ritchie
07-21-2016, 04:10 PM
>>you don't do that right before a release.

We always do sales a month or two before release to get that last bit of mileage out of a product and hopefully get some upgrades off of a steeply discounted older version. You know, get people to buy in a a big discount, and if they like it, they can upgrade to the new version. We can't do that just weeks away from release though, because we need to do amnesty and give people a fair warning that something new is eminent.

RudySchneider
07-21-2016, 04:35 PM
Sorry, Dan, couldn't help myself...

Eminent vs. Imminent (https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/eminent-imminent/)

OlaHaldor
07-21-2016, 04:44 PM
I just downloaded an update of TFD, and in the changelog it says it added support for LW 2017..

MichaelT
07-21-2016, 05:56 PM
I just downloaded an update of TFD, and in the changelog it says it added support for LW 2017..

That is actually the best news I heard today. I've been holding off getting TFD for just that reason. :) My only doubt now, is how it handles new versions. Since it would be locked to my present LW key. It is not like I can use it on the next version of LW, which will have a new key. I'd really not like to get an upgrade of a new license that close to release of the main product. Bad timing for TFD (in my case)

Snosrap
07-21-2016, 07:42 PM
I will truly be disappointed if they don't release around Siggraph next week. Why? It's a confidence issue in NT and their inability to deliver LW updates. They keep saying they need to fix the underlying structure of LW and then they can really get rolling - come on that has been forever.
I think I've earned the right to quote myself and comment on it. :) There will still be disappointment on my part if NT doesn't release during Siggraph, but if they come out with a huge new blog or a big splash with renderings and more information and promotional info about LW"2017" and say they are in the final last minute buttoning up of the software and plan to release in a few weeks - well then I can live with that. It's this no communication thing that is killing me as I want to make a decision about whether or not to get Octane or see if 2017 will fill my rendering needs.

OlaHaldor
07-22-2016, 01:33 AM
As far as I know, the "hardware ID" or your license ID is what tell
That is actually the best news I heard today. I've been holding off getting TFD for just that reason. :) My only doubt now, is how it handles new versions. Since it would be locked to my present LW key. It is not like I can use it on the next version of LW, which will have a new key. I'd really not like to get an upgrade of a new license that close to release of the main product. Bad timing for TFD (in my case)

I went from LW 11 to 2015 with no problems. TFD is working without licensing problems. I don't see how LW 2017 will change that unless you intend to use it on a brand new license (not upgraded from previous version)? In any case, that'd be a reason to contact TFD support.

lwanmtr
07-22-2016, 01:45 AM
I've been assuming around the end of the year, that seems to be the normal time they roll out new versions...right before holidays, so we can spend a couple weeks playing and screaming and missing tech support...lol

S0nny
07-22-2016, 02:58 AM
I want to make a decision about whether or not to get Octane or see if 2017 will fill my rendering needs.

This.
Octane is the only real option for lw and the license is also affordable. It needs some hw investment to start with, but in the medium-long term is much scalar and much much cheaper to add/replace gpus than cpus, and having a substantial (linear) performance improvement. I mean, two 980ti costs like one entry-level xeon v4 cpu right now, and you can put four (and even seven) in one system with the price of ONE medium performance xeon v4. it's very tempting.

For now I'm holding just because all the blog's stuff about Next, while I totally lost interest in kray which honestly is not feasible anymore, but I'm planning the hw upgrade in october and I'll build a new workstation with this in mind for sure.

Rayek
07-22-2016, 03:44 AM
Hiya!

I'm not upset. I'm not disappointed. What am I? Not surprised, that's what.

I've been saying this for years. I think it was a MONUMENTALLY BAD IDEA to drop CORE. It took the MODO guys 3 years to put out Modo. Since then, well, look at how prominent MODO is. I hear "Modo this" and "Modo that" *constantly* on the net...web sites, forums, game companies, freelancer hang outs, etc. You know what I hear about Lightwave? "[crickets chirping]", or, worse, "Lightwave? They're still around? People use that?".

If they would have stuck with CORE, I firmly believe that it would be saying "Core this" and Core that"...not "Modo this", and "Modo that".

To me, the most telling thing is this: I am getting a 'newsletter'. All it says is "Look at these guys who have been using Lightwave for a decade or two! It's still relevant! It's hip. It's 'with it'. ...tuka-tuka-tuka-tuka-ooooOOUUHHp.... Oh, and give us money!" (sorry for the Dr.Evil reference in there near the end)

I see TONS of folks learning Blender, all highschool or college/uni. I see lots of newly added industry folks (those who are starting their careers in 3D after school/learning) picking up Maya, 3DS Max, C4D, or Modo. I see nobody learning Lightwave. Sad...

^_^

Paul L. Ming

This. For newcomers, professionals, and hobbyists I see no convincing reasons anymore to pick up Lightwave at this point. I would love to think otherwise, though, because Lightwave is an old love of mine (since Amiga days).

I work at various visual effects/3d game art/animation and technical colleges, and no student I ever talked to is aware that Lightwave even exists. They know about Modo, Blender, C4d, Houdini, and Max/Maya, but Lightwave just does not have any presence anymore in the current crops of students.

Only "old-timers" I meet (colleagues) are aware LW still exists, and even if they did use LW at some point in their careers, they no longer do. No-one mentions Lightwave anymore.

I am a positive thinker, but the realist in me tells me that if Lightwave does not get more exposure with the younger generations soon, the user base will continue to dwindle into nothingness. The Modeller<-->Layout separation is a tough sell, if you ask me. It should have been unified a long, LONG time ago - water under the bridge, I suppose.

In hindsight it is of course easy to argue that Core should not have been dropped at the time. We cannot know whether that might have prevented the present situation. It could have been a commercial disaster, and the result might have ended it right then and there. But currently Lightwave seems to be bleeding dry in the market, and unless Newtek comes up with some brilliant goods, it might spell the end of it in the upcoming years.

Then again, we cannot foretell the future. The lack of exposure in the younger generations is a definite cause for alarm, though.

Spinland
07-22-2016, 03:58 AM

I don't believe you will get a new key. My "lock ID" has not changed since the very first version that abandoned the hardware dongle (which now gathers dust in a desk drawer). TFD's license is tied to that ID and unless NewTek abandons its current licensing method you'll have no issues.

Spinland
07-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Octane is the only real option for lw

If you run PCs or older Mac Pros. Until it and OpenCL play well together it's DOA for the rest of us. :hat:

S0nny
07-22-2016, 04:10 AM
If you run PCs or older Mac Pros. Until it and OpenCL play well together it's DOA for the rest of us. :hat:

Ouch, I always forget about Macs.

Spinland
07-22-2016, 04:28 AM
Ouch, I always forget about Macs.

Heh. Many people do. We're used to it, it's our lot in life. :alien:

OFF
07-22-2016, 07:54 AM
https://iebms.heiexpo.com/iebms/oep/oep_p5_floorplan.aspx?oc=16&ct=OEP&eventid=5015

Newtek is not present ((

S0nny
07-22-2016, 08:08 AM
https://iebms.heiexpo.com/iebms/oep/oep_p5_floorplan.aspx?oc=16&ct=OEP&eventid=5015

Newtek is not present ((

Two booth/areas still available, but sadly it's not going to happen...

hrgiger
07-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Are people still holding out hope that NT is going to be at Siggraph? It makes no sense for them to be.

rustythe1
07-22-2016, 09:39 AM
no, they would have built up interest first, "come and see what we are releasing"

50one
07-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Are people still holding out hope that NT is going to be at Siggraph? It makes no sense for them to be.

It makes no sense to have even a dedicated person that would do some marketing or comms with the userbase.

I've heard about companies that done no marketing and were thriving.

...Oh wait, no I didn't lol

C'mon NT show us even a new screenshot, pressing a PrtScn opening an image editor, CTRL+N / CTRL+V / CTRL+S and post here as attachemnet - wont take longer than 90 seconds.

Nicolas Jordan
07-22-2016, 11:54 AM
I was hoping they would release it around Siggraph time even though they won't have a booth but it looks very unlikely at this point. Maybe if we are lucky it will be released before the end of this year.

Snosrap
07-22-2016, 12:58 PM
This.
Octane is the only real option for lw and the license is also affordable. It needs some hw investment to start with, but in the medium-long term is much scalar and much much cheaper to add/replace gpus than cpus, and having a substantial (linear) performance improvement.

I understand that, but I'd like to see what 2017 offers in rendering before I ask my boss to upgrade GPU's and buy 3 licenses of Octane. Then there is the training involve and my cohorts will be very reluctant to learning Octane. So yes I "need" to wait.:grumpy:

sadkkf
07-22-2016, 01:26 PM
>>you don't do that right before a release.

We always do sales a month or two before release to get that last bit of mileage out of a product and hopefully get some upgrades off of a steeply discounted older version. You know, get people to buy in a a big discount, and if they like it, they can upgrade to the new version. We can't do that just weeks away from release though, because we need to do amnesty and give people a fair warning that something new is eminent.

Well said. I should have been more clear, but you're right. You don't have a sale immediately or shortly before a launch. I only suggested it's a way to generate some income to continue development during a long stretch...as this seems to be. :)

jwiede
07-22-2016, 01:52 PM
I was hoping they would release it around Siggraph time even though they won't have a booth but it looks very unlikely at this point. Maybe if we are lucky it will be released before the end of this year.

How long, lacking updates/fixes to current product, or significant communication, are you willing to wait? Keeping in mind, ofc, that the "ever-receding deadline game" is an easy way to lose years.

rustythe1
07-22-2016, 01:59 PM
add a seat promotion added to facebook yet again,

js33
07-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Staying with Lightwave is like being on an airliner. On takeoff the captain assured us everything was fine then after several hours into the flight the captain became unresponsive. The passengers/users don't know if the plane has been hijacked, if the captain had a heart attack and the plane is on auto-pilot, if it will crash into the ocean or side of a mountain or land safely.

hrgiger
07-22-2016, 02:51 PM
The creative expo was yesterday in Mansfield and some of LW 2017 was shown and people seemed quite happy about what was shown. I really dont' get the comments about how long one is willing to wait. Is there a point where you just say well, I've waited too long and now I just don't want to use it anymore because I've just waited and I don't like it. When its released you decide then if its worth buying or not. There's a Blade runner Sequal coming out next year. Do I think, well I've waited too long and now I don't care if its good or bad I'm just not going to see it because I don't like all the time I had to wait. No. That's ridiculous.

I'll tell you what I dont' want to see and that's for them to release it too early and have it crash constantly and have users reporting problems left and right until they decide you have to wait until the next version before things get fixed. Like Modo 901 and 902 for instance...

Chris S. (Fez)
07-22-2016, 02:55 PM
add a seat promotion added to facebook yet again,

I think it is just pinned to the top as opposed to a new post.

Seems reasonable to expect a Siggraph blog update if not a surprise release.

js33
07-22-2016, 03:14 PM
The creative expo was yesterday in Mansfield and some of LW 2017 was shown and people seemed quite happy about what was shown.

So LW3DG can't be bothered to show us a quick video or a couple of screen shots?

hrgiger
07-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Well the only person there from LW3DG was Ben who does the documentation so that certainly wouldn't be up to him. I'm sure the group got some type of permission to show the little bit they did show. It wasn't a full reveal or anything.

bobakabob
07-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Yes, presently Lightwave 2015.3 is very reliable...
The glimpses we've seen of the next version of LW are exciting, but if bugs need sorting it's no use to anyone. Glad LW3DG are in no rush to release.

jwiede
07-23-2016, 03:53 PM
I'll tell you what I dont' want to see and that's for them to release it too early and have it crash constantly and have users reporting problems left and right until they decide you have to wait until the next version before things get fixed. Like Modo 901 and 902 for instance...

Such as the dynamics issues (broken collision shapes, "poison cache files", and massive performance degradation) left unaddressed in LW 2015, to cite another instance.

(edit)

BTW, what's even more interesting is that the threads detailing (in depth) those issues, and which stretched back more than just a couple months, now appear to be MIA. I can't seem to find ANY threads mentioning "poison file" issues anymore, either, and those discussions also stretched back more than just a couple months.

OnlineRender
07-23-2016, 04:17 PM
BTW, what's even more interesting is that the threads detailing (in depth) those issues, and which stretched back more than just a couple months, now appear to be MIA.

honestly do you really believe that ? they can't even get a decent skin working, trust me they never went and deleted threads specifically just to avoid "drama" give me an example and I'll use way back machine to cross-reference...
until then I call bullSh!t* on that statement

jwiede
07-23-2016, 04:46 PM
until then I call bullSh!t* on that statement

Which _statement_ is that? The only BS I see here are the words you're putting in my mouth.

I said was that I found it interesting, and I do, as the threads appear to fall outside the period of loss/corruption we were told occurred, and thus should have been backed up (and presumably recovered). I find it disconcerting that so many other, less "bug-oriented" threads from the same periods appear to have survived, such that forums like "General Support" which used to be heavily populated with significant bug threads, now have a distinct lack of such significant bug threads. I certainly don't yet rule out deliberate editing (or willful decision not to recover certain threads) either, but am withholding judgement until I have more info. There does appear to be an inconsistency, so I mentioned it.

The physics discussions actually began around the start of the year, but the big burst of activity was around Apr/May, and now those threads are all gone. Without the exact titles, what would you need to cross-reference? It isn't just the physics discussions either, BTW, if you look in General Support many of the more lengthy/serious discussions about config problems, and other significant issue threads are also MIA.

hrgiger
07-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Such as the dynamics issues (broken collision shapes, "poison cache files", and massive performance degradation) left unaddressed in LW 2015, to cite another instance.

(edit)

BTW, what's even more interesting is that the threads detailing (in depth) those issues, and which stretched back more than just a couple months, now appear to be MIA. I can't seem to find ANY threads mentioning "poison file" issues anymore, either, and those discussions also stretched back more than just a couple months.

The problem is, LW3DG is not on a annual release schedule so they're more likely to actually fix something that is critical before they release it. I'm not saying the dynamics issues aren't important, they surely are, but you know of the various issues that Modo 901 experienced. And the Foundry was keenly aware of them, enough for them to shift their whole release method to smaller, more focused releases to address the problems they were having over the last several releases that they acknowledged were steadily getting worse. And Shane pretty much laid it out, issue or not, The Foundry needs to release every year to pay employees and keep the lights on and in the case of 902, they shifted the fixes to 10 for that reason.

50one
07-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Why are you keep mentioning MODO? 90x? We're at end cycle of 10x now.
Max is buggy, Maya is Buggy too.

samurai_x
07-23-2016, 05:13 PM

Probably there won't be any more blog post. It seemed more like an attempt to produce sales. Get people who haven't upgraded yet to buy into the five promised $295 upgrades.

erikals
07-23-2016, 06:02 PM
I can't seem to find ANY threads mentioning "poison file" issues anymore, either, and those discussions also stretched back more than just a couple months.

took me 1 second to find the first reference...
http://forums.newtek.com/archive/index.php/t-149844.html

remember, the NT forums search option rarely gives a good result.

second reference...
http://forums.newtek.com/archive/index.php/t-148600.html

OnlineRender
07-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Which _statement_ is that? The only BS I see here are the words you're putting in my mouth.

I said was that I found it interesting, and I do, as the threads appear to fall outside the period of loss/corruption we were told occurred, and thus should have been backed up (and presumably recovered). I find it disconcerting that so many other, less "bug-oriented" threads from the same periods appear to have survived, such that forums like "General Support" which used to be heavily populated with significant bug threads, now have a distinct lack of such significant bug threads. I certainly don't yet rule out deliberate editing (or willful decision not to recover certain threads) either, but am withholding judgement until I have more info. There does appear to be an inconsistency, so I mentioned it.

The physics discussions actually began around the start of the year, but the big burst of activity was around Apr/May, and now those threads are all gone. Without the exact titles, what would you need to cross-reference? It isn't just the physics discussions either, BTW, if you look in General Support many of the more lengthy/serious discussions about config problems, and other significant issue threads are also MIA.

these are your words >>>>>

"BTW, what's even more interesting is that the threads detailing (in depth) those issues, and which stretched back more than just a couple months, now appear to be MIA. I can't seem to find ANY threads mentioning "poison file" issues anymore, either, and those discussions also stretched back more than just a couple months."
>>>

in marketing we call that "planting the seed of doubt " I never put any BS in your mouth you seem to manage to do that all by yourself , I just called your BS and hey look at that erikals just found they threads in under 10 seconds.

NEXT!

Norka
07-23-2016, 06:49 PM
The creative expo was yesterday in Mansfield and some of LW 2017 was shown and people seemed quite happy about what was shown.

Someone from LWG showed up in Mansfield Oh to show LW2017?!... Mansfield?... I thought the only newsworthy event in Mansfield lately was the Shawshank Redemption Oak Tree getting hit by lightning, and later falling down....

vonpietro
07-23-2016, 07:54 PM
i'm just happy Lw is still being supported --- remember .... soft....image.... GONe the way of the DODO

BokadCastle
07-23-2016, 08:04 PM

second reference...

Another method I found useful is to go to my gmail account and find the subscription emails of the particular thread.
I did this and quickly located the thread and posts whereas the vBulletin search had failed.

jasonwestmas
07-23-2016, 08:10 PM
What? Lightwave is being used in Europe and Asia now? Whoah, stop the press! :D But yeah it does seem to be more popular outside the US these days.

jeric_synergy
07-23-2016, 08:25 PM
LOL, just did a forum search on "Wishlist" newer than six months, zero hits. :ohmy:

(My wish: that envelopes, eg Luminosity, displayed in the Surface sample correctly-- I actually thought they did, but it seems they do not.)
(That is, not the GRAPH, but the effect on the sample at the time displayed by the timeline cursor. Layout only, of course, since Modeler is "timeless".)

hrgiger
07-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Someone from LWG showed up in Mansfield Oh to show LW2017?!... Mansfield?... I thought the only newsworthy event in Mansfield lately was the Shawshank Redemption Oak Tree getting hit by lightning, and later falling down....

Ha no, that would be Mansfield on the other side of the Ocean. But yes I'm in Mansfield, OH and the tree just fell the other day. http://www.wlky.com/weather/The-Shawshank-Redemption-tree-has-fallen/40845962

erikals
07-24-2016, 01:16 AM
LOL, just did a forum search on "Wishlist" newer than six months, zero hits. :ohmy:

quite expected :)
try a google search instead... > :)
https://www.google.no/search?client=firefox-b&biw=1890&bih=1391&noj=1&q=Wishlist+site%3Aforums.newtek.com&oq=Wishlist+site%3Aforums.newtek.com&gs_l=serp.3...13568.13728.0.14238.2.2.0.0.0.0.72.1 19.2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.8_JGqvsi-YA

OnlineRender
07-24-2016, 03:51 AM
quite expected :)
try a google search instead... > :)
https://www.google.no/search?client=firefox-b&biw=1890&bih=1391&noj=1&q=Wishlist+site%3Aforums.newtek.com&oq=Wishlist+site%3Aforums.newtek.com&gs_l=serp.3...13568.13728.0.14238.2.2.0.0.0.0.72.1 19.2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.8_JGqvsi-YA

the search function has never worked any "hardcore" forum member know this, pun intended.
SBowie already stated that threads where lost due to the 30 day backup and a good chance because the database was restored it's playing havoc with sql search query and metadata.

jwiede
07-24-2016, 04:21 AM

second reference...

Which is great, except those are in the "archive" (referring to the first ref), not in the active forums, despite not falling into the "lost" timeframe we'd been told, and with the active forums containing _many_ threads older than either. Like it or not, their existence only in the archive, but not the "active" forum, is odd.

BTW, the second ref you provided is just a general "delete config" case from 2015, not the more recent (and more detailed) "randomly-corrupted config" discussions. If you wish to find those in the archive, I believe they start from a "missing plugin" config discussion.

MAUROCOR
07-24-2016, 06:05 AM
Which is great, except those are in the "archive" (referring to the first ref), not in the active forums, despite not falling into the "lost" timeframe we'd been told, and with the active forums containing _many_ threads older than either. Like it or not, their existence only in the archive, but not the "active" forum, is odd.

BTW, the second ref you provided is just a general "delete config" case from 2015, not the more recent (and more detailed) "randomly-corrupted config" discussions. If you wish to find those in the archive, I believe they start from a "missing plugin" config discussion.

I have a question. So if people start complaining and create new threads talking again about the same issues ( and maybe new ones) the LW forum will disappear again?:confused:

Please!:stop:

Spinland
07-24-2016, 07:47 AM
Deleted because: why bother?

MichaelT
07-24-2016, 08:04 AM

Not to mention slow. I'm suffering using Max right now. :( And when some of its UI pieces that on occasion decides to take a vacation (blanks) ... *sigh* if I wasn't forced to use it, I would stay far away. And Cebas TP drives me crazy too. The licensing DRM is a gamble, and its performance would give a snail a race for its money. Yeah, I'm miserable right now... :D Sorry.

I really would like (very very much) if LWG made something like Thinking particles in Lightwave.

hrgiger
07-24-2016, 09:44 AM

Oh sorry man I missed this..

I can only comment on the apps I use, in this case Modo and LW. I dont use max or maya. I just mention Modo because I find a stark difference between the overall stability between the two. Inhave no axe to grind with either program I love both for different reasons, although I dont think everyone here in this discussion can say that. I have plenty to complain about Lightwave too.

Wickedpup
07-24-2016, 09:45 AM
I have a question. So if people start complaining and create new threads talking again about the same issues ( and maybe new ones) the LW forum will disappear again?:confused:

Please!:stop:

Reading SBowies comment in another thread suggesting that these forums might disappear alltogether, you find that unlikely?

prometheus
07-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Reading SBowies comment in another thread suggesting that these forums might disappear alltogether, you find that unlikely?

Then it is strange they mentioned it would be improved ..when the crash message was up.
I believe they would make a huge mistake if they only would maintain facebook, a New forum is another matter though.

50one
07-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Oh sorry man I missed this..

I can only comment on the apps I use, in this case Modo and LW. I dont use max or maya. I just mention Modo because I find a stark difference between the overall stability between the two. Inhave no axe to grind with either program I love both for different reasons, although I dont think everyone here in this discussion can say that. I have plenty to complain about Lightwave too.

No probs, was just curious so it's nothing personal.
Same here, I'm finding both apps to be lacking although one has much better comms and at least I've got the idea that devs are listening, they're slow but listening;);D