PDA

View Full Version : is this a bug?

Dan Ritchie
05-04-2016, 12:38 PM
Using hypervoxel blending groups, Jagged edges that follow the texture in one viewport, and odd spherical cut edges in the other?

squarewulf
05-04-2016, 02:25 PM
What does it look like with an F9 render?

prometheus
05-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Using hypervoxel blending groups, Jagged edges that follow the texture in one viewport, and odd spherical cut edges in the other?

weird..must have a look, but I would have to set it up with nodes the same way you did in such case, and I do not know how your node setup looks like.

Nice cryyyptonite, :) ...or is it just some emerald?

I think it may be something with the actual texture location, at some point depending on how hypertextures are positioned, they can yield that spherical falloff..which is very prominent in many textures, and at some parts they are not sphericals depening on texture position in the 3d voxel space, so their you would actually have textures as they should look like, and in this case you got jagged breaked up edges in one viewport sinnce the viewing angle is different..but I am just guessing.

They need to improve on the texture falloff or actuall build up of those, too many have that circular build up within itīs textures.

jwiede
05-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Unlikely, but have to ask: There's absolutely no chance that's a (perhaps misadjusted) clipping plane seen in that L perspective view?

Dan Ritchie
05-06-2016, 11:49 AM
weird..must have a look, but I would have to set it up with nodes the same way you did in such case, and I do not know how your node setup looks like.

Nice cryyyptonite, :) ...or is it just some emerald?

I think it may be something with the actual texture location, at some point depending on how hypertextures are positioned, they can yield that spherical falloff..which is very prominent in many textures, and at some parts they are not sphericals depening on texture position in the 3d voxel space, so their you would actually have textures as they should look like, and in this case you got jagged breaked up edges in one viewport sinnce the viewing angle is different..but I am just guessing.

They need to improve on the texture falloff or actuall build up of those, too many have that circular build up within itīs textures.

Here is the scene.

http://squirreldome.com/download/gemstone2_hv.zip

MichaelT
05-06-2016, 04:34 PM
It's the null 2 particle.. no bug. You need to check those calculations again. If you copy the first one, and paste it over the second, and then set it back to negative. You won't get that strange effect.