PDA

View Full Version : NDI Portable

kanep
05-03-2016, 10:41 PM
I know some people were looking for this. If you fill out the NDI Tools download form again, the email you receive contains a link to 'NDI Tools Portable'.

This portable version contains NDI Scan Converter and NDI Monitor that do not need to be installed on a computer to use them. Just put them on a memory stick and run them on a target system.

http://pages.newtek.com/NDI-Tools-Pack-Download.html

AlanZ
05-04-2016, 08:18 AM
Very cool, looking forward to trying it out.
Now we need a similar set of apps for iOS.

kanep
05-04-2016, 09:44 AM
NewTek Connect Pro has AirPlay support today, that will allow you to get an iPad into a TriCaster. Due to Apple's app restrictions, it is not possible to write a tool like NDI Scan Converter for the iPad.

AlanZ
05-04-2016, 12:29 PM
I understand the scan converter issue. However a monitor would be great.

SBowie
05-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Maybe not what you're after, but Connect Pro gives you the Webserver. Yhat would let you see NDI sources in a browser.

AlanZ
05-04-2016, 01:22 PM
I understand. I am looking for a simple NDI viewer for iOS. That would let me hook an iOS device via HDMI to a projector or monitor and view NDI cameras on the network with minimal setup. Consider it a wish list item. It am impressed with what you have done so far.

SBowie
05-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Thanks. As nice as this might be, I will add that asking a typical wifi connection to a mobile device to reliably deliver an NDI stream at high res might be a bit optimistic.

AlanZ
05-04-2016, 04:17 PM
That may be, however I am getting very good results with NDI Cam, even over an 80.211n network.
Better yet over an 80.211ac network.
So I can send video from my phone to the network via NDI, and it would be great to receive video from the network on a phone.

fgolman
05-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Are the portable versions just the EXE files in the various folders in the NDI tools folder? Or are they elsewhere?

Thanks,

Fritz Golman
Museum of Broadcast Communications

kanep
05-04-2016, 05:30 PM
The portable version is a separate download that you can get from the NDI Tools download email. Fill out the form again to get the updated links.

fgolman
05-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Ha, just had to scroll down on that page!

Thanks Kane!

Fritz

livepad
05-06-2016, 05:56 AM
That may be, however I am getting very good results with NDI Cam, even over an 80.211n network.
Better yet over an 80.211ac network.
So I can send video from my phone to the network via NDI, and it would be great to receive video from the network on a phone.

Well, we aren't quite ready to do NDI Receive on iOS, but we are already in beta of our first NDI Receiving app for Mac OSX.

NDI Monitor for OSX will probably be a free app, and does a basic job of displaying NDI Video (and audio) in a desktop window.
We are also planning a commercial pro version which will be a multiviewer.

If anyone wants to get involved in beta testing NDI Monitor for OSX, please contact me - info at sienna.tv

Thanks !

Johnnotestine
08-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Well, we aren't quite ready to do NDI Receive on iOS, but we are already in beta of our first NDI Receiving app for Mac OSX.

NDI Monitor for OSX will probably be a free app, and does a basic job of displaying NDI Video (and audio) in a desktop window.
We are also planning a commercial pro version which will be a multiviewer.

If anyone wants to get involved in beta testing NDI Monitor for OSX, please contact me - info at sienna.tv

Thanks !

Is there any plans for an iOS NDI Video Monitor?

I'm currently using the Sienna iCaster for monitoring our stream. It works great, but I have to be careful not to hit a button! It's pretty cool to be able to walk around the stadium with an iPad and monitor my students work - all without burning an output or using a fancy wireless transmitter.

spaulsen
08-29-2017, 10:50 PM
https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/#download-tools

Regards,
Steve