PDA

View Full Version : Edit Properties Dialog in a DDR

Blake
12-11-2003, 05:30 PM
I'm sure those of you who use DDRs often have wished for the Edit Properties dialog from TEd in your DDR. Well, with a little ToasterScript, it's possible!

Here's a set of replacements for the DDR's default skin. It's the default skin with a Properties button next to Delete.

[Installation:]
1) Back up these files from your DDR's main default skin folder:
Initialization.ToasterScript
Mask.png
Off.png
Offro.png
On.png
Onro.png

2) Extract the ZIP file into the folder.

3) Reload VT[3] and enjoy.

[Notables:]
1) This is not a "supported" feature by NewTek. While it seems
safe so far, it could possibly damage your system or files, so
use this at your own risk.

2) The Edit Properties button only toggles on or off the Edit
Properties dialog. If you click the button, the dialog will
stay on until you click the button again.

Enjoy!

Blake Royer
--
PIZAZZ Productions
www.pizazzme.com

bradl
12-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Very good news for many. Something I have been 'suggesting' for a long time. Faraz said he played around with it but AFAIK never posted the details.

Thanks from everyone Blake!

Blake
12-12-2003, 10:28 AM
No problem. Can't help but wonder, though, if people are ignoring the post because they think it's just another complaint about it:p

Oh well, their loss. I went ahead and attached a picture from the skin, if anyone wants to see it without downloading the entire package.

Blake

Norman
12-12-2003, 06:01 PM
Hey, thanks Blake!

Jim Capillo
12-12-2003, 06:14 PM
Very cool.......... :cool:

PIZAZZ
12-15-2003, 09:57 AM
I just wanted to publicly thank Blake for helping out with this Edit Properties idea. Faraz and I were sitting at dealer training last week and started passing some ideas around and between the two of us figured out several little things that will make life easier for the power user. I called Blake back at the office and he had the skin adjusted and TScript added in just a matter of minutes it seemed.

One idea we did have later was to change the edit properties button to say clip properties. We figured that would be more applicable in using it with a DDR.

Blake will have the revised skin up later today. Hope you all enjoy it.

Wait till you all see what Blake and I have really been working on the last couple of months... soon very soon.

Blake
12-15-2003, 04:31 PM
And here is the updated version.

Blake

bradl
01-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Blake/Jef/Faraz,

:D

THANK YOU for an awesome feature. :cool: It should become standard for all installs!

:)

PS- Just for reference, the current location for a VT3 default installation is:

C:\VT3\Skins\DDR2\MainWindow\Default\Normal

tmon
01-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Great Work!

It should become standard for all installs!

Newtek, can you make it so?

bavera
04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
From reading this thread, it did not appear that anyone had ported the Edit Properties button over to the VT-4 DDR2 module. I took the code for the VT-3 posted here and tweaked it for the VT-4.

I have created a user skin called "NormalEP" along with the related skins, @SlimEP and @CompactEP.

If anyone is interested, I will be glad to zip the files and post. It seems to work pretty well.

Just let me know.

Brent

jsanfilippo
04-11-2006, 09:26 PM
If anyone is interested, I will be glad to zip the files and post. It seems to work pretty well.

Just let me know.

Brent

I'm interested. Please either post, or send me an email. I've been thinking of installing this and wondered how it would work for 4.6!

PIZAZZ
04-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Sure thing. Post it right away.

I have some we changed for VT4.6 but we never publically released it. I sure miss having Blake around here. He was quite the little coder.

I look forward to seeing what you have. After doing a live show with the Edit Properties option, it is VERY HARD to do another show without it.

Can't wait to see your updates.

Jim_C
04-12-2006, 09:30 AM
I had to change a word in the VT3 DDR toasterscript to get it to work with VT4.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42431

That is a good place to post your skin Brent.

Jim

bavera
04-15-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm taking Jim_C's suggestion and posting the updated DDR2 skin with Edit Properties over on the Skins thread at:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42431