PDA

View Full Version : How to combine two color output nodes in nodal editor?

Spinland
04-30-2016, 06:59 AM
This question was prompted by my acquisition today of the Anything Goos plugin, but I think it's actually a general node editor issue so I'm asking it here.

I want to use Goos for both worn edges and grit in the creases of a model, both on the same part so they both have to feed the single color input of the material. Since the input only permits one connection at a time, clearly there needs to be a method for adding the two together but a scan of the various nodes, and lots of searching, has left me still clueless.

Can sone kind soul point me to the proper terminology or nomenclature of the node or nodes I need to make this happen? I'm happy to research it for myself but I apparently don't know where to look to find the answers.

Many thanks in advance!

Spinland
04-30-2016, 07:18 AM
Oh, duh. I am silly. Just use the output color of one as the base input of the other.

I will go away now. :D

pinkmouse
04-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Or, you can use the mixer node with a controlling alpha if you really want to get funky. :)

Spinland
04-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Ah, yes indeed. Cool. Just referred to Rebel Hill's short tute on the Mixer node and that looks like the ticket. Also a reminder that as I use the node editor more and more I really should take the time to review all of his excellent videos on the topic.

jeric_synergy
04-30-2016, 12:03 PM
Ah, yes indeed. Cool. Just referred to Rebel Hill's short tute on the Mixer node and that looks like the ticket. Also a reminder that as I use the node editor more and more I really should take the time to review all of his excellent videos on the topic.
Is that the "Mix_Switch.mov" one??

A beer and a nice wander thru the dox on all the nodes periodically is a very good idea, the only drawback being it won't cover the very useful 3rd party offerings. :( --I know what you mean: I was trying to reconstruct the "different colors on 2 sides of the same polygon" network in my head, and realized that w/o the actual node list right in front of me, I didn't know where to begin.

If some native-English, prolix, obsessive-compulsive and knowledgable user ever wanted to expand the DPKit dox in print, I'm good for ten bucks towards that goal.

++++++++++++
Coloring the backside of a poly: http://lightwiki.pro/wiki/How_to_assign_different_properties_to_each_side_of _a_doublesided_surface

2006! Man, I suck.