PDA

View Full Version : VT & Final Cut

Wink
12-11-2003, 03:33 PM
I am presently working with a high school which has an installed base of seven Final Cut Pro work stations. We want to be able to transfer edited projects from FC to the VT for use in their morning news program. The computers are all tied together via a LAN. Will FC allow you to output a file format that the VT can read or at the very least convert for VT playback?

videoguy
12-11-2003, 04:09 PM
export it to a dv type mov file rename the extension to avi and drop it in the timeline and ure good to go

SBowie
12-11-2003, 04:11 PM
You can convert Quicktimes to RTV (or what have you) using Aura, but that would get old pretty quickly.

Some have had success by simply saving a Quicktime DV file, and then changing the file extension to .AVI. If that worked for you, it would be a real timesaver...

[OOPS, you get the worm, Videoguy! ;) ]

tmon
12-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to have FCP output to uncompressed AVI if it is capable of doing so?

BTW, I don't understand how changing ".mov" to ".avi" could work. I tried it here, but the clip just sits there in the timeline telling me to "wait."

bradl
12-11-2003, 09:03 PM
the QT to AVI cheat only works with QT DV MOV as it is essentially a standardized DV clip with a MOV extension.

Kurt_Henning
12-12-2003, 09:19 AM
and change the file appendage from .mov to .avi

Just lie to the t3, it will think you are honest and giving it an .avi.

The t3 does not know about QT

Wink, I hope they bought all the hardware from you...............

Wink
12-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Kurt,
Yes they did and they're looking at buying some more. How are things going in Topeka-land?