PDA

View Full Version : Changing UI Font Causes Scene Editor Row Mismatch

spherical
04-25-2016, 09:03 PM
I began exploring making the UI easier to read and set a font commandline switch. Everything looked great... right up until I went to the Scene Editor and saw that, while the font choice and point size were respected, the Render, Visibility and Lock column rows have expanded vertically, so as to quickly become out of synch. They do highlight properly when an object is selected, but going directly to a render flag to turn it off without selecting the object first is pretty much a crap shoot. By the time the list gets to the bottom, the three RVL columns that match the selected object are off the screen. I suspect the X height of the font to have some influence, as each font would likely be different, but the check mark and visibility icons don't appear to have changed size along with the font choice. The boxes they're in just got taller.

To make it even more weird, as you scroll the list the offset "adjusts" to less vertical mismatch as they scroll to the top of the panel! Huh? This is more pronounced as you go up in point size. So, I figured that perhaps a better font at the default size would work. Nope. Just changing the font does it. Has anyone found a solution or font choice to cure this? Problem is, the Scene/Dope Editor doesn't respond to the font specification at all, nor does it appear to follow UI color choices, so using that isn't of any help.

EDIT: Just checked and, pretty much as expected, changing the point size aggravates the issue. At the bottom of the list, using a 9.5 point size, the vertical mismatch is NINE lines apart from the selected object. IOW, there are eight objects below that one on the list where the corresponding RVL icons are not visible; being below the window lower edge.

BeeVee
04-26-2016, 03:13 AM
Make sure you report it :)

B

spherical
04-26-2016, 04:04 PM
From that I'm assuming it does the same for you? This isn't an issue unique to this studio?

BeeVee
04-27-2016, 12:25 AM
TBH I didn't check, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be the same. Use the bug reporting from your account on the https://lightwave3d.com site

B

spherical
04-27-2016, 04:07 AM
I know how to file a bug report, having done so many times; since the v9 Beta. Like in the previous thread on a different topic, I am looking for not only solutions that others may have uncovered, but corroboration that the issue is indeed not unique here before filing what ends up being useless noise.