PDA

View Full Version : Shrinking humans in the future, my idea for a good or lousy scifi movie.. (stolen?)

prometheus
04-25-2016, 12:14 PM
I recently noticed an article in a swedish newspaper where another swedish actor will embark on "hollywood" movies (quite famous in sweden) but not over there(Rolf Lassgård)
wouldnīt surprise me if he get the role as the crazy norwegian scientist, seems common to put swedish actors in those roles, like stellan skarsgard.

He is supposed to maybe play a role in a movie with Matt Damon, and director/producing ?..Alexander Payne.
Now those folks are not the topic here, itīs just background trivia..

The thing is, that upcoming movie is about the future where science allows for shrinking humans, in order to make better use of our resources on this planet, now this is an idea I had in my mind for some sort of scifi movie, so darn it..I think they of course must have read my thread over here on page 2, my first post there...

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?143957-Mars-Underground-movie-with-some-of-my-work/page2

or read it as an excerpt...
"I have a solution for this...but it will take some time, it will require for our scienctist and our politics and foremost ourself...to accept the project of "shrinking humans"
With some genetic changes...it will evenually lead to humans being the size of a few centimeters, and we can survive on less food and less oxygen, the danger though will be to face all other animals on this planet meanwhile, those bug will turn in to huge monsters, we might need fight against.
But all in all it will allow us to save on the earth resources overall and not only for this project, a question will arise though...will we shrink our Iq by doing so or other important things. "

Maybe I will be able to chuckle when the movie turns out quite ridiculous and unsuccesful, or I will curse myself for not spitting out the idea fast enough with lightwave :D
I posted it in 2014, so maybe they actually had a similiar idea long before that, after all, itīs a story that quite many people could come up with I reckon,so blah.. thought I had something original going on there :cry: (in fact ..the article was from 2012)

shrinked to 4 inches tall? I could live on a hamburger for quite a while, if I put it in the freezer after some tiny bites.

Not sure it will be called downsizing finally? but here is the premise...
http://scriptshadow.blogspot.se/2012/06/screenplay-review-downsizing.html

Michael

glebe digital
04-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Well the scriptshadow blog review is dated June 6, 2012......maybe you read it sometime before & forgot, then the idea bubbled back up? It happens.

Crazy idea anyways.......I mean, who's going to make the giant hamburgers for us to nibble on?

prometheus
04-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Well the scriptshadow blog review is dated June 6, 2012......maybe you read it sometime before & forgot, then the idea bubbled back up? It happens.

Crazy idea anyways.......I mean, who's going to make the giant hamburgers for us to nibble on?

yes..I stated that the article was posted in 2012, so yes it may have been the case that I subconsciously may have read it, but I have no recallection of ever having read that before ..what so ever, and I know the idea was in my head for quite some time, probably before that article.
I usually think about crazy things and crazy solutions, so I am doubtful I really read it first, ofcourse, I canīt definitly say I havenīt read it before.

But it will be fun to keep an eye on that movie project and see how it turns out, if it will incorporate some of my thoughts etc, and simply how fun and exciting the movie turns out, or if it will be a ridiculous flop, will it be some sort of "serious" tone or will it be a mix with more humourous crazy stuff in it?

Noticed that Kristen Wiig and Christoph Waltz, is in it too..I really enjoy Christoph Waltz, so that may be fun to see, and Rolf Lassgård has delivered some great acting here in sweden almost everytime, they actually started the filming some weeks ago.

Whoīs making the hamburgers? probably machines...or it will be a job for several workers for one hamburger, which may help reduce unemployment ofcourse :)
I wouldnīt like to live in australia or south america and meet a huge spider going out for their dinner though.

Michael

spherical
04-25-2016, 04:09 PM
shrinked to 4 inches tall? I could live on a hamburger for quite a while, if I put it in the freezer after some tiny bites.

Yes, but you'd have a bit of trouble getting the door open. Don't let it close on you while you're inside either. I heard that the light goes out. :D

prometheus
04-26-2016, 12:15 AM
Yes, but you'd have a bit of trouble getting the door open. Don't let it close on you while you're inside either. I heard that the light goes out. :D

Yes..unfortunatly things have to be remade, a completly new city to live in as well...and thatīs probably in that story, other things like riding a horse or walking behind a horse needs to be taken in to serious considerations:D
Shrinking of important animals is probably on the scheme too for certain cases.

Letīs see how the shrinking effects turns out movie wise...I donīt think they got even hobbits quite right in the LOTR movies.

BeeVee
04-26-2016, 03:10 AM
There's a great song by the Dead Kennedys called Shrink that predates your idea by a few years :) https://youtu.be/Nh5fqQW_vxc

B

prometheus
04-26-2016, 03:20 AM
There's a great song by the Dead Kennedys called Shrink that predates your idea by a few years :) https://youtu.be/Nh5fqQW_vxc

B

Huhh..that was horrible music in my ears, it couldnīt possible have reached my consciousness to inspire any ideas from me anyway....since I turn off that kind of music after a few seconds :)
but sure, the idea of shrinking people for the sake of less strain on the resources couldnīt possible be unique sprung from me.. and a fetus of my thinking only, the very nature of the idea and how the world looks like,,, is such that quite a lot of people must have had such ideas.

I may have an iflated ego as my nick may reveal, but realisticly even I have to admit to that :)

Danner
04-26-2016, 05:08 AM
When I took a philosophy course back in college I got confronted with the sad fact that the classic writers had plagiarized my ideas and developed them further than I did, and did so many years before I was born.