PDA

View Full Version : Ndi & nab

GeekNews
04-24-2016, 04:39 PM
All

For those that did not get to do much exploring at NAB. I was blown away by the number of vendors that had the NDI Logo on their products.. I will be compiling an extensive blog post on it in the coming days.. Newtek has unleashed and animal.

I did get one scoop.. The folks at Wirecast said they are tentatively said they will be supporting NDI in version 7 of their software. For a competitor to actual say they are going to implement NDI opens up a whole world of possibilities.

The only place I run into resistance on NDI was Sony, they have an expensive business model surrounding their Video IP products but the camera guy did blink when I told him going forward I would only be buying gear that supported NDI.

For those of you not on the NDI bus, you better get moving this is going to change everything.

Todd

SBowie
04-24-2016, 05:04 PM
For a competitor to actual say they are going to implement NDI opens up a whole world of possibilities.That's the idea, really; it wouldn't be much of a "standard" without broad support, including devices and systems from those whose product lines overlap our own in various respects. Setting NDI loose in the market was the best way to ensure broad proliferation. The list is quite long, and I could mention several other recent and exciting additions to those jumping on the bandwagon, but I should really let them make their own announcements when they are ready.

kanep
04-24-2016, 05:10 PM
Another way to look at it, is that if competitive products support NDI, it will be easier for those clients to upgrade to TriCaster when they are ready since all of their other NDI gear will continue to be usable. Not to mention that all of the NewTek NDI applications can be sold to work with competitive solutions as well!