PDA

View Full Version : Eek, motion

~DD~Apocalypse
12-11-2003, 02:06 PM
OK i looked ine the manual and PDF thingy for 7, and i found nothing of the saving options for moving objects. How do i save motion, like so i can email it to someone who is going to host it for me. it's like 5 seconds long. how would i save it and in what format.

jbavar
12-11-2003, 02:23 PM
to save a motion file, simply select the item that has the motion that you want to save out then go to "file" pull down menu go to the "save" drop down and you'll see a "save motion" item. that saves in a .mot format, which is basically a text file.

~DD~Apocalypse
12-11-2003, 03:22 PM
oh cool, thanks

~DD~Apocalypse
12-11-2003, 03:24 PM
i mean how do i save the motion render

Ezequiel
12-12-2003, 06:24 AM
If you want to save the rendered animation just go to the RENDERING OPTIONS PANEL then hit the OUTPUT FILES TAB in RENDERING OPTIONS PANEL and then choose your format. You can save your render as an animation file i.e. (.avi, .mov) or you can save it as a sequence in which case you can save the RGB files and/or the alpha channel files separately. When you choose to save as a sequence you are asked "where" (in what folder) do you want your files to be placed. i.e. You would make a folder like "movie RGB files" and another like "movie Alpha files". Lightwave automatically place a correlative number in your file names ie. movie000.tga, movie001.tga, movie002.tga, and so on.
Then you only have to choose your file format from the list pop-up or just leave the defaults (.tga) and then when you are ready just press F 10. One more thing check that Auto Frame Advance option in the rendering options panel is ON.
Hope this helps.

Now, would you tell me (if you know how to of course) step by step what do I have to do to post threads with attached images in them like everyone does here in the forum?
Please forgive my English,
Thanks in advance,
Ezequiel

~DD~Apocalypse
12-12-2003, 02:35 PM
when you make a post (cannot do it in editing one) there is a button towards the bottom that says browse and u upload it from there
thanks for the help!

Jockomo
12-12-2003, 04:18 PM
Yes, the Attach File section at the bottom of the posting page will allow you to upload small files. If your file is too large to fit in there you either have to resize it (photoshop etc) or you have to place it somewhere else on the web and use the IMG button in vBCode section to specify where it is on the web. Most free websites don't allow you to link directly to an image on their site, so you have to be careful where you place the file. Your internet service provider may give a small amount of free web space for your use along with your connection, these usually work well. Check with them for details.

Also check out this link:

Free hosting websites (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49775)

Ezequiel
12-12-2003, 05:05 PM
Thank you very much guys :) ;)
Ezequiel