PDA

View Full Version : DAZ-zle me!

objuan
04-21-2016, 04:52 AM
Anyone have any good tutorials, tips, or know how on taking characters out of DAZ Studio 4.7 and bringing them into LW?

I have had success exporting and .obj - but I'm hoping there is a semi painless way to port texture maps and ideally bones along with the surface polys...

Any tips would be much appreciated?

prometheus
04-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Anyone have any good tutorials, tips, or know how on taking characters out of DAZ Studio 4.7 and bringing them into LW?

I have had success exporting and .obj - but I'm hoping there is a semi painless way to port texture maps and ideally bones along with the surface polys...

Any tips would be much appreciated?

I would rather use fbx 2012 instead of obj format...
I donīt have the latest daz studio versions, so some things might not be valid or a bit messed up nowadays..but generally fbx 2012 format should work if you export out, and check textures etc...but Generally applies to
the genesis figures, older figures or newer specially purchased and with special morphs may cause troube.

So always try a simple genesis figur first, if you check it right in the fbx export the textures should load fine in the later lw versions 11.6 and up with some restrictions, that is the transparency maps which yo have to manually locate and load, they also need to be inverted, hair ,eyelashes needs to inverted, you may also want to change transparency for the whole cornea to get the iris to show properly.
Bones should be there as well...if it is a genesis figure, if you do animated poses in daz, you have to bake the studiokeys to frames, then you will also get that animation in to lightwave.

You could skim through this thread I created..11 pages, there is ofcourse other threads with additional info.

Lightwave-daz pipeline..

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?125710-PIPELINE-DAZstudiopro4-LIGHTWAVE/page1

roboman
04-21-2016, 08:07 AM
I don't do this a lot and it seems like I have to relearn it every time I do :) Also exporting a bhv is an option to get bones. When you are exporting the obj from daz there is an options page, where you turn on what you want to have exported. The default leaves a lot of stuff not converted.

objuan
04-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Thanks guys