PDA

View Full Version : Monthly subscription Connect Pro

matthias-web
04-20-2016, 05:07 AM
Hi!

Short message to sales/headquarter:

Call me "old fashioned", but...
Microsoft will not get me to use Office 365...
Adobe will not get me into Creative Cloud apps...
I want to pay once for software. I want to own it.

Therefore "thumbs down" for the decision to introduce a monthly subscription fee for Connect Pro.
I really would have been ready to pay for otherwise.

Sorry for not having a positive feedback this time...

Best regards,
Matthias

ZachSchuster
04-20-2016, 06:51 AM
They do offer a one time purchase option in the store.

https://store.newtek.com/index.php/ip/connect-pro.html

SBowie
04-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Different strokes for different folks ... I also prefer to own my software, though some in the office use (for example) Adobe CC and Office 365. That said, so long as I can buy my software, I see why some prefer the alternative - for example, their need may be temporary, some short term project or other, and the cost of ownership of a given item may not be considered justified.

In other cases, some institutions simply prefer to budget items on a recurring periodic basis, for their own economic reasons. I can easily foresee a case where I might prefer to 'rent' something for a short term rather than pay the full cost up front for something. I don't think this is a moral issue, just a practical decision each individual should be free to make.

BTW, obviously for NewTek, in most respects it would be preferable to have your full payment up front; viewed from a certain perspective, this is really just another way to make it possible for more people to have access to the tools when budgets don't allow an outright purchase.

matthias-web
04-21-2016, 05:03 AM
Short message to sales/headquarter:

"Thumbs up" for making the Connect Pro available both as one time purchase and as monthly subscription!
That covers the different needs and preferences perfectly...

Role model for other companies! :-)

Best regards,
Matthias