PDA

View Full Version : Can't open the Sasquatch colour picket.

Paul_Boland
04-18-2016, 01:17 PM
Hi Folks.

I have the latest version of Sasquatch installed into Lightwave 2015. Everything seems to be working fine except one thing, I can't open the colour picker in Sasquatch to pick colours for the hair/fur fibres. I've dropped an email to Worley Labs support, but anyone got any ideas on what's the problem here?

Sensei
04-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Did you try Options, and change from LightWave to System (or vice versa)?

Paul_Boland
04-18-2016, 01:31 PM
That did it. It works with the system colour picker, but not with the new Lightwave colour picker which I am now using. Umm... Either Sasquatch needs another update or I need to go back to using the system colour picker again. Thanks though!!

Sensei
04-18-2016, 01:47 PM
Tell Worley to review how LWColorPickLocal is initialized, prior passing it to LWColorActivateFunc().
Maybe he didn't clear it prior using.
Better is to use
LWColorPickLocal local = { 0 };
to make sure, all fields are cleared.

Paul_Boland
04-18-2016, 05:06 PM
Thanks.

Paul_Boland
04-19-2016, 07:35 AM
Got the following replies:

"It's the color picker! Pick some other color picker, like "System", and it'll work again."

"Unlikely form the plugin side.. the plugin SDK (the code that lets plugins talk to LightWave) needs to be expanded to allow communication of all the new information that some color pickers want, especially for HDR intensities."

So while I was getting use to, and liking, the new Lightwave colour picker, I'll be switching back to the system colour picker so I can work with Sasquatch.

SeaWiz
04-19-2016, 08:41 AM
Did you try Options, and change from LightWave to System (or vice versa)?

And for months I thought that Sasquatch was broken, so I avoided using it. Thanks for the solution to the problem and thanks to the OP for asking the question.

c.1
04-19-2016, 09:52 AM
:thumbsup:
And for months I thought that Sasquatch was broken, so I avoided using it. Thanks for the solution to the problem and thanks to the OP for asking the question.

+1

I did the exact same thing 2 months ago!

Kryslin
04-19-2016, 11:21 AM
If you can find a legal copy of the Jovian color picker (what became the new Lightwave color picker)(which replaces the system color picker), you can have the color picker and Sasquatch, too (at least until Sasquatch breaks in Lightwave NEXT). It's been my setup since, like, forever...