PDA

View Full Version : floor plan modeling question

tonyrizo2003
04-13-2016, 12:57 PM
I've built the interior of an apartment and subsequent rooms and I want to add molding around all of the interior walls quickly and easily. Anyway, to do it quickly like rail clone? Thanks.

ernpchan
04-13-2016, 01:03 PM
If you have LWCAD I'm sure that's a simple operating.

The manual way would be to make curves from your edges but getting a sharp corner with rail clone isn't easy.

tonyrizo2003
04-13-2016, 01:25 PM
yeah, I've tried several ways to do it quickly but I couldn't really find anything. I gave polyframer a good try though.

JoePoe
04-13-2016, 02:53 PM
Px_Bezier (https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/contains/px%20bezier/) :thumbsup:

tonyrizo2003
04-13-2016, 03:09 PM
awesome!! Thank you!!

prometheus
04-13-2016, 03:56 PM
yes..I was going to mention pz bezier but got lost in the way...so Hey joe, beat me to it.
when you draw it..it may seem tapered and not completly straight, but once you close the loop within the tool the mold rail should be just fine and straight.

I suggest using grid snap and set a proper snap in the lightwave display options, then turn on grid snap for the px_bezier too, at least that may be a good worflow if you align both the ground flor and the profile polysegment you are using to extrude with px
bezier.

if you already have the model there, it is a bit trickier to use grid snap I suppose...since the px bezier as far as I know do not snap to other points, it has a good perpendicular and angle snap though, so you might get away with manually dialing in, but for true precision with other geometry..it lacks a point snap or snap to background points..so that is why using lightwave grid snap for exact alignment might be needed.

for making it easy to see and match up, you could after started with extrude, switch the mode to line, then back to extrude...check help info within the tool on how to use it..

tip...ctrl left or middle mouse click and drag a marque over one or several handles to select and edit/move only those hanles, ctrl right mouse click and drag marquee to deselect.

tonyrizo2003
04-13-2016, 04:12 PM
thanks guys, px bezier is workig just fine, what took me hours by hand took me like 20 minutes with it!!
@prometheus, grid snap is a life saver here!! Thanks again for the tips.