PDA

View Full Version : LiveText NDI

imryh
04-12-2016, 12:58 PM
Hello.

Just upgraded one of our Tricasters to AE2 (4-0) and with it, updated an external LiveText to 3.0.
I did notice that I can have several NDI sources output from the same laptop, and all getting to my Tricaster without any issues (LiveText and NDI Signal Generator).

Any way/plans to either have two LiveText sessions open at the same time, or an update to LiveText that would allow to simultaneous (but different) NDI outputs?

I know there are other products on the market that can do this, but we're looking for something with LiveText's simplicity...just with several outputs.

Thanks.

Imry

kanep
04-12-2016, 05:31 PM
You can only have one copy of LiveText running on a system at a time. You could use two systems each running LiveText, but I understand that this isn't how you are asking for it to work.

If you are just looking to update lower third titles, I do have a free web control app that will allow you do this. http://bit.ly/kanesworld

kltv
04-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Virtual machine maybe? I can run iVGA on my Mac and LiveText and iVGA in my Parallels Desktop Windows at the same time. I could probably do two virtual machines both running LiveText, but I haven't tried it.

Kris

SBowie
04-12-2016, 08:51 PM
Just another thought - in some cases, you might be able to run two different titles on a single LiveText page at one time, and use cropping to handle it as two independent sources in TriCaster (this is easier now that you can bring the same source in on more than one input).

imryh
04-13-2016, 06:43 AM
Hi Steve.

That's a good idea. We might try it!
But still, it would be nice if LiveText had 2/3/4... different NDI outputs, all feeding from the same "page" list.

Thanks.

Imry

SBowie
04-13-2016, 06:58 AM
NDI has potential to completely change a lot of 'fundamentals'. For example, we tend to think of a CG system as supporting maybe one or two channels of output, and the operator keeps a lot of title pages cued up ready to display on that limited number of channels. With NDI, though, it would be possible to present each page as a channel on the network, with all of them being accessible at the switcher (or elsewhere on the network) instantly. It's going to be interesting to see how this all develops, but certainly it will have ramifications we've not even thought of yet.