PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Aura window?

mgrusin
12-11-2003, 10:47 AM
(Newtek: what is your preferred way to receive possible bug reports? This forum? Vidfeatures?)

Has anyone seen this behavior in Aura?

Open Aura, set prefs to "use Windows file requester", perform any operation that uses the Windows file requester (load, export, import) and the Aura window disappears from the VT desktop. (The first time you may need to close the file requester, which will cause the Aura window to disappear. Subsequently, just requesting the Windows file requester will cause the Aura window to disappear).

You can get the Aura window back by running the mouse into the Newtek menu bar at the top of the desktop (you don't have to actually activate the menu at the corners). When you do this, the Aura window and the Windows file requester suddenly reappear.

This behavior is very repeatable for me. It's not a showstopper (since I figured out how to get the window back ;) ), but if it's not just me it could use some squashin'.

VT3, latest (updated) patch, Geforce TI 4200, latest "unified Nvidia driver" (as of a week or two ago).

Thanks for looking into it! -MG.

Scott Bates
12-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Yup, this new "feature" came with patch 2 Mike. At least in my case it's (fortunately) restricted to the windows file requester, the Aura requester performs as it should. It was covered in this thread (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14383&highlight=aura+windows+requester) .

mgrusin
12-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Whoops! (where's that embarassed smiley?). Thanks for the post and link, Scott.

-MG.