PDA

View Full Version : Missing Point Normal Move

Shell1850
04-11-2016, 02:41 AM
I am running Modeler ver 2015.3 and Windows 10

in the Help PDF, it talks about the Point Normal Move command. I cannot find it. Does it still exist.

I am looking for it in the Modify -> Translate -> Move

ernpchan
04-11-2016, 02:47 AM
I am running Modeler ver 2015.3 and Windows 10

in the Help PDF, it talks about the Point Normal Move command. I cannot find it. Does it still exist.

I am looking for it in the Modify -> Translate -> Move

You may need to rescan your plugins. You could also go to Edit Menu and do a search for it. The command may just not be mapped to your ui.

prometheus
04-11-2016, 10:28 AM
I think the naming of it isnīt point normal move, cant recall what itīs originally called though, I had mine renamed to point normal move

spherical
04-11-2016, 11:10 AM
In every version that I can remember/have checked, that's what mine are named.

jeric_synergy
04-11-2016, 11:39 AM
One of the confusingly named translate tools, Move? Move+? Translate?-- has a POINT NORMAL MOVE mapped to the RMB

But there should be plain ol' PNM somewhere.

prometheus
04-11-2016, 12:10 PM
In every version that I can remember/have checked, that's what mine are named.

pnm is what it was called in some versions...I do not think you are correct that it has been called point normal move all the time.

One of the confusingly named translate tools, Move? Move+? Translate?-- has a POINT NORMAL MOVE mapped to the RMB

But there should be plain ol' PNM somewhere.

As I am aware of ..there is only one point normal move tool, but it was named pnm and something more..not point normal move.

jeric_synergy
04-11-2016, 12:30 PM
OP, you should see something like this in your Edit: Menus window:

If you don't see the left hand column, it's not getting loaded.

MonroePoteet
04-11-2016, 12:47 PM
If you don't find it using the Edit=>Edit Menu Hierarchy=>Search function, you may need to rescan the appropriate .p file using Utilities=>Add Plugins. In LW 11.6.3, Point Normal Move is in the PolyTools.p plugin file, which is located in C:\Program Files\NewTek\Lightwave11.6\support\plugins\model folder. I don't know where it's located in LW2015.3.

mTp

spherical
04-11-2016, 02:01 PM
pnm is what it was called in some versions...I do not think you are correct that it has been called point normal move all the time.

Well, fine, I'll go check in all of the other versions. I did check in 2015.3 before posting, as that is what I'm using at present, and it is Point Normal Move.

jeric_synergy
04-11-2016, 02:04 PM
If you don't find it using the Edit=>Edit Menu Hierarchy=>Search function, you may need to rescan the appropriate .p file using Utilities=>Add Plugins. In LW 11.6.3, Point Normal Move is in the PolyTools.p plugin file, which is located in C:\Program Files\NewTek\Lightwave11.6\support\plugins\model folder. I don't know where it's located in LW2015.3.
mTp
Extremely complete answer. :thumbsup:

prometheus
04-11-2016, 02:58 PM
In lw 11. 6, it is called point normal move if you edit the menu config, but if you pick that and drag to a new section in the menu, it will rename itself to QPNM, Now I am not completly sure if it was named like that in the default install..I think it was..at least for some lw versions..and that has always forced me to rename it to point normal move.

Michael