PDA

View Full Version : Using Tricaster PRO .dve files with Tricaster 40

lymach
04-08-2016, 11:19 AM
I apologize in advance - I am a newbie.

I had a Tricaster Pro that I used with elementary students. Students loved using the .dve files which are animated overlays during the announcements - especially balloons and confetti. When we received the Tricaster 40, there were no such animated overlays. I tried copying the PRO .dve files into the Tricaster 40 but they are not recognized.

Is there a way to convert the PRO .dve files into a format that the Tricaster 40 will recognize? I am thinking that it will be OK to do this as I am going from one Tricaster product to another.

Thank you.

kanep
04-08-2016, 11:49 AM
The file format is different for the animated transitions.

If your TC40 is running version 2 software and you have the original frames of animation (PNG files), you can import that into Animation Store Creator and build a new animated transition.

SBowie
04-08-2016, 12:13 PM
I do want to mention that you may be ovelrooking the "Animation Store" transitions, which are more like what you're thinking of (TC 40 supports these, I'm pretty sure). And as Kane mentions, Animation Store Creator generates these from your own content- which means, with a little effort, your kids can make their own - which is pretty cool, I think.