PDA

View Full Version : Surface Editor Help!

Molasar
12-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Help! I know this may sound like a first grade question (maybe kindergarden)... please bear with me; newbie here. This is the problem:

I have 3 objects which were loaded into LightWave (7.5, btw). I am using the Surface Editor to assign different colors and textures to the objects. Everything ok here. When I render the current frame, everything looks neat...

I save the scene and exit LW. Any other time I enter and reload the scene, all objects have mostly lost their surface attributes. Even if I reset them, render, clear the scene and reload, they're gone!

What am I doing wrong, or what am I NOT doing? Please help! Urgent!

Molasar
12-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks, got the answer...

Libra-75
12-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Have you saved both the scenes and the objects in Layout? ;)

Libra-75
12-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Sorry, I didnīt read the second post until Iīve posted my post ;)

Molasar
12-11-2003, 10:59 AM
Thank you very much, Libra-75... I actually found the answer buried within the +1 kilopage manual... which is indeed your same solution. Thanks again! :D

dablan
12-11-2003, 04:35 PM
One thing you can do is use the LScript commander to create what I call a "Super Saver." Just use the commander under the scene tab/generics. Pick Save All Objects, and Save Scene as your two commands, and LightWave will create a plug-in for you.

If you like - you can use the one I've created -
Download it HERE (http://www.3dgarage.com/DansSuperSaver.zip)

Just unzip it - put it in your LScript Plug-ins folder, and load it as a plug-in from Layout as you do any other plug-in.
You'll find it in the Generics drop down list under the Scene Tab. I make a button for it with the Edit Menu configs - and place it at the top near Surface Editor so it's always on the toolbar no matter what Tab I'm in. And, assign a keyboard equiv to it to. Now, click one button and have your Save All Objects / Save Scene action at once.

Molasar
12-12-2003, 06:07 PM
WOW!!!

That is NEAT-O!

Thanks a lot!!! :D