PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer Help

Axis3d
12-11-2003, 09:27 AM
I am trying to save Motion Mixer motion files, but after I choose Save Motion, they do not appear to have saved anywhere. Does anyone else have this problem? Any workarounds?

I am trying to save different motions of the same character (created in different scene files) then, load the separate motions into Motion Mixer to combine the performances.

trick
12-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Did you give them the extension *.hmot

Axis3d
12-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Yes, I put the extension in the name, but the requester defaults to giving it the .hmot, also.

Tom Wood
12-11-2003, 11:52 AM
There are several things that might be at play. Do you have a folder named Motions in the Content Directory? When you try to load a motion, where does the file requester first go looking? Did you Create Motion with the Actor Active box unchecked and then name it and define the frame range? Then save it? Is it not finding the motion file at all, or the file doesn't do anything when it is loaded? If the latter, be sure all the channels you want MM to control are included in the actor.

HTH

TW

Axis3d
12-11-2003, 12:00 PM
I do have a folder called Motions in my content directory and when I load or save a motion it defaults to that one. I believe that when I did the Create Motion, it was with the Actor Active box unchecked. I am able to create motions and use them in the timeline, but it is when I go to Save Motion that it doesn't seem to save any file at all, anywhere (I did a search to make sure).