PDA

View Full Version : Load images suggestion for LW

djwaterman
04-06-2016, 12:12 AM
I've been tasked with bringing in a Maya asset that has many surfaces, it is a long list of over a hundred surface names. I've been going through the process of reassigning these into the LW node editor, and while the VPR Shift click selection is nice for easily pinpointing a surface and opening the surface editor, once in the node editor I have to scroll through a long list of images to find the right one (it would be nice if there was an option to have them sorted alphabetically), but these are just the images that are already loaded, there are also spec, bump and roughness maps that I need to load, so I have to scroll all the way to the top of the list to get to the (load image) option.

I propose that for when I'm going to load an image that is not already in the list of loaded images that I should be able to bypass the 4 or 5 seconds of time scrolling up the list and just click on an optional load image button instead. Those seconds scrolling up a list add up when you are doing this task multiple times. Here is a UI example of what I mean.

spherical
04-06-2016, 03:16 AM
Feature Request Forum, perhaps?

Snosrap
04-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Yes- that would be nice. Also it would be nice to actually see the images instead of just their names. Optional of course. :)

djwaterman
04-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Another option (probably much harder to program) would be to have the system file source already open, and be able to drag and drop image files directly onto an image node.

Snosrap
04-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Yep!