PDA

View Full Version : RH Face Rigging Tutorials... Released!

RebelHill
04-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Hello all...

So, my new latest offering is all now complete and available, a detailed and focussed training series on facial rigging in LightWave...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGTAydpMazc

If you've been after ways and workflows to produce high quality face rigs for performance animation, then this is the series for you. It's available now, and can be picked up on the site here...

http://rebelhill.net/html/rhfr.html

For all those who pre-ordered this series, your downloads are all ready, and you should by now have received your links. If you are such a folk, and have not, do let me know and I'll get you sorted.

Cheers all.

jeric_synergy
04-04-2016, 11:52 AM
DL'ing now. Looking forward to getting schooled.

Julez4001
04-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Just finish downloading..... Thanks Craig!

Spinland
04-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Just downloaded. Woo hoo! Soon as I wrap up this project I'll be diving into some more fab training from Da Rigging Dude Hisself. :D

Paul Goodrich
04-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Craig,

I must be not in the correct database or something. Didn't get the download link. Sent a PM to you. Hope to see it soon, thanks.

Paul Goodrich

Ma3rk
04-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Quick question: From the file listing names, I'm assuming that this is a multiple part ZIP. Do you need all parts first to perform the extraction? Reason I'm asking is that the d/l rate is pretty skimpy so it's going to take several days (due to my schedule) to get everything.

OnlineRender
04-06-2016, 07:46 AM
for anybody who wants to learn rigging you will not get a better teacher than RH ....

chikega
04-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Finished downloading ... looking forward to learning from the LW rigging meister :)

m.d.
04-06-2016, 08:42 PM
small complaint....
could only extract the archive with winrar....had to download and install it. Windows native zip extractor and 7zip both couldn't do it

allabulle
04-06-2016, 09:02 PM
Yup, I tried WinZip and uninstalled it afterwards. A strange choice of compression that forces people to install trials of other software. But hey, the training is great, so there's that. :)

Seriously, the training is great!

spherical
04-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Hmmm.... I've never had 7z not be able to unpack a RAR archive. Must be some odd issue.

RebelHill
04-07-2016, 04:37 AM
For me, in win 7, just opeing the zip throught the OS it can all extract ok (though may be because I install winrar with the shell extensions)... otherwise, its done like that for a couple reasons. First, its to split the zips into equal chunks for the .z0x parts... makes it easy to diagnose if you've gotten a bad download of any part, as you can compare the byte sizes, and if one isnt the same as the rest, you know thats the part thats busted. Also, if native OS wont do it, then the tools needed are available for both windows and mac (winrar, stuffit) and both free, so no one can be locked out either.

chikega
04-07-2016, 08:41 AM
Any particular reason why you use 11.6.3 instead of 2015.X, Craig?

RebelHill
04-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Not really... You can note that the simple face vids are in 2015, and the others in 11.6... Its basically that there's nothing to choose between them with regard to much of this stuff, and 11 is the shortcut Im most used to clicking and start without really thinking about it.

chikega
04-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Thanks! good to know :)

m.d.
04-07-2016, 05:52 PM
For me, in win 7, just opeing the zip throught the OS it can all extract ok (though may be because I install winrar with the shell extensions)... otherwise, its done like that for a couple reasons. First, its to split the zips into equal chunks for the .z0x parts... makes it easy to diagnose if you've gotten a bad download of any part, as you can compare the byte sizes, and if one isnt the same as the rest, you know thats the part thats busted. Also, if native OS wont do it, then the tools needed are available for both windows and mac (winrar, stuffit) and both free, so no one can be locked out either.

Makes sense....just something was slightly quirky with this archive, usually 7zip can handle anything....especially as a .zip.

Minor inconvenience....just made me feel stupid for a few minutes

chikega
04-07-2016, 06:06 PM
7zip did not work for me either. Winrar did work though.

Ma3rk
04-07-2016, 08:03 PM
7zip did not work for me either. Winrar did work though.

Good to know. I should have the last two parts tonight.

tommyc
04-07-2016, 08:06 PM
if you are on a Mac and have Pathfinder, it will decompress the files properly.

lwanmtr
03-31-2019, 01:43 PM
Just got these last week..and I gotta say they're totally worth it. Really helps getting things to work the way I think they otta anyway. The Rigging Toolbox defiantely makes it worth it too (useful even for non riggy things).

gdkeast
04-01-2019, 05:06 AM
Great as always!!!