PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 2015 colour picker!

Paul_Boland
04-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Hi Folks.

Is there any way to change the colour picker in Lightwave 2015 back to just your basic, simple one from 2010? I went to change the colour on a model tonight and was presented with an ultra complex looking colour picker I couldn't make head nor tails of!! Yikes!! All I want to do is pick a colour ;)!

Amurrell
04-03-2016, 06:22 PM
Yes there is, hit 'D'

spherical
04-03-2016, 08:56 PM
Do take some time learning the native color picker, though. It is Jovian, which used to be a paid plugin, but now brought into LightWave. You can load various external color swatch sets into it and get way more functionality than the old standard one.

prometheus
04-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Do take some time learning the native color picker, though. It is Jovian, which used to be a paid plugin, but now brought into LightWave. You can load various external color swatch sets into it and get way more functionality than the old standard one.

itīs great to pick color from screen directly, if you would like to get ambient color for something based on a photo you got in the vpr viewport, or pick color from any other photo on the web.

Andy Webb
04-04-2016, 06:35 AM
I still use Jovian in PS CC, great little plugin :-)

Snosrap
04-04-2016, 06:42 AM
Hi Folks.

Is there any way to change the colour picker in Lightwave 2015 back to just your basic, simple one from 2010? I went to change the colour on a model tonight and was presented with an ultra complex looking colour picker I couldn't make head nor tails of!! Yikes!! All I want to do is pick a colour ;)!
You only get two options with the standard 2015 install - LW (the new Jovian) or the system. The LW one is awesome-just get used to it. :)

Kaptive
04-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Hi Paul,

On the new colour picker, to make it more like the traditional one, simply click on the word "hue", and then it'll be more or less the same! I had the same reaction as you when I was first confronted with it :)

But it is worth sticking with. As prom says, the ability to select any colour visable on your screen (a tonne of uses for this) is so valuable.

erikals
04-04-2016, 10:31 AM
wish there was a realtime update though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbs4PIUanMg

Paul_Boland
04-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'm working my way through the new features in Lightwave 2015 and I wasn't expecting the colour picker to change! I'll give the new picker a shot, I need to read that section of the manual and to grips with it.

jeric_synergy
04-04-2016, 12:02 PM
One thing that people often don't grasp about the advanced/Jovian picker on first exposure is, those aren't just labels, they are functional BUTTONS, that can change the display to suit particular tasks. Click around like a mad thing and you'll see what I mean.

MonroePoteet
04-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Here's Part 1 of a good walk-through of the Jovian color picker features. His tutorial is on the PhotoShop version, but as far as I can tell all the stuff he talks about works the same in the LW picker. Very versatile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikfIoRh-Q8

Unfortunately, no higher-resolution of the video is available, but it's easy to look at the equivalent parts of the LW Jovian picker.

mTp

spherical
04-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Here's an archive of Pantone and Paint color libraries that you can add as presets.

And one that contains star colors.

MonroePoteet
04-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the libraries! The webpage he references at the end of Part 2 doesn't respond, and they're not available from the current download page.

mTp

eagleeyed
04-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Here's an archive of Pantone and Paint color libraries that you can add as presets.

And one that contains star colors.

Thanks heaps. :)
Downloaded myself.