PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Emitter Demo

britepencil
03-31-2016, 03:18 PM
I am looking for a LW emitter tutorial it been around since LW 8 if I recall. The tutorial is an emitter which is following a motion path. creating a burning with smoke etch in to an slick black surface I cannot recall the text that was written out most likely Newtek.

Anyone recall this demo?

prometheus
03-31-2016, 05:12 PM
was looking through the particlefx content at the newtek ftp site...but canīt find anything there, though I havenīt browsed it through..must be somewhere else, but itīs not hard to do, just create your text spline in modeler,export curve to motion modeler, once in layout when you have your emitter selected..just go to file/load/load motion path.

Now you should have your emitter follow that curve path, though you need to tweak the smoke particles...there is no way for particles to flow along a mopdeled curve in terms of using the curve as a velocity direction unfortunatly, thereīs only one way to get particles to flow with velocity along path, and that is through a dynamic wind set to animation path..and let the wind suck all the particles up and along that path.

There is also a way of for instance animate a stroke ( drawn text or path) in after effects or aura for instance, and export as animation png sequence, then let the particles being born based on that animated sequence.

blindsided
04-01-2016, 05:20 AM
I recall the Scene that wrote 'Aurora' I think?
Could it be that one?

Actually looks like it wrote AURA.

I See it in LW 7 CONTENT/SCENES/_Features/Aura_stroke_recording/stroke2.lws

britepencil
04-01-2016, 12:10 PM
perfect thank you

britepencil
04-01-2016, 12:33 PM
dang it's not in LW 8.5 or above

Kevbarnes
04-01-2016, 01:38 PM
dang it's not in LW 8.5 or above