PDA

View Full Version : Big Fat Bug in LW QThandler

Red_Oddity
12-11-2003, 06:16 AM
Not sure this is the place this should be posted into (or where to mail it to and thus no way in checking whether this has been mentioned before)

But here goes:

When using a quicktime as an image (sequence) LW behaves funny, here is what it does:

I create a quicktime file (.mov) that is 8 seconds long, BUT, i'm eurotrash, so i use a system known as PAL (like the other half of the world (and NO, the borders of US are not the boundaries of the known world, unlike some like to believe :D ))
LW checks framerates in QT halfbaked...it does know the file is 25fps, but the Image Editor does not, unfortunatly for us then that all images are managed by the Image Editor...

For some reason the Image Editor ALWAYS thinks in NTSC, 30 fps (or 29.97, whatever you fancy)...can't blame NT for this as it seems to be the general rule with all software (even localised) to have all settings on NTSC and to say 'fornicate you, go migrate to the US than!' when mentioning it...

So instead of the In : 0 and Out : 200 (8 x 25 = 200) i get In : 0 and Out : 240 (8 x 30 = 240)...
Not a problem you say, just set the slider to 200 (because LW won't handle anything after 200 anyway, it will show the last frame), sure, it all falls to pieces however when actually using it, for example with Hypervoxels and having changed In and Start Frame settings...LW no likey...

Just letting you guys know...

Fix this with 8, no rush as image sequences always work (but it would be nice to be able to use QTs bug free)

Red_Oddity
12-11-2003, 08:56 AM
Hmmm...just notist that QT 6 (pro edition) shows everything in 30 fps aswell (even though it tells me my movie is 25 fps...

Movie FPS: 25
Current Time: 00:00:01.28

1.28...pardon...you'll mean .23 right?...wtf gives, why hasn't Apple fixed this yet (it has been their since...well...ever...), it's almost like their updates, screw up something that was working and what needed fixing isn't updated....ahwell...

Aegis
12-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Yup, it's a Quicktime bug - don't go crying to NewTek... Gotta say, Quicktime sucks on the PC, given a choice I never use it.

Red_Oddity
12-12-2003, 03:42 AM
That wasn't crying...that was whining :D