PDA

View Full Version : Environment 3D: Sanctuary

juanjgon
12-11-2003, 05:59 AM
Hello to everybody ...

Here is other of my works ... it is a fiction scene, but heavy inspired in Hindu architecture.

There is two pictures with diferent view point ... i cant decide what looks better ...

Modeling and rendering ussing Lightwave 7.5. Textures and final adjusts done with Photoshop 6.0

I hope you like it .... all comments are wellcome ....

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_1.jpg
http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_2.jpg
http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_0.jpg

Best regards,

renatolazzaroni
12-11-2003, 06:25 AM
Amazing picture ! I like it.
I remember your "constantinople" post.
The only comment I have is about the high tower on the left. Its architecture seems to be made of a lot of horizontal layers. There are ridges at the bottom, on the pilars, around the top. I find it a little too much. In a way, it breaks the "verticality" of the tower. I trust it is respectful of the actual architecture of such a tower, but still, this is the impression I have.
Just my comments. As I said, great pic.

Renato

cg-freak
12-11-2003, 07:34 AM
WOW! Wahat great detail, love that. Would love to see this in a nightly environment, could you render a night-shot?

Grtzzz...

Gerard

astro-sanchez
12-11-2003, 07:42 AM
very very nice
all i have to say :D

ChrisW
12-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Absolutely stunning.
I prefer the top image - for some reason the marsh grasses seem out of scale to me in the second scene, but perfectly suited to the first.

F1Racer
12-11-2003, 04:16 PM
Original architecture and extremely well rendered.

Super detailed job and highly impressive stuff !
Its just missing having a few people walking around.

The shot without the textures makes it look kinda futuristic while with the textures it looks antequated.

Well done.

:)

Freak
12-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Very nice work....
It has a very matte painting feel to it......

Good modeling, texturing and lighting....

Well done!

knuckles644
12-11-2003, 10:21 PM
If I may ask, what settings did you use for SkyTracer? I LOVE THAT SKY!!:eek:

RorrKonn
12-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Killer.
3.9 Million Polycount ? I have my doubts my PC would even load the city.
but if I had a city that great ya better believe I would have a lot of deferent angle renders.

half to ask how long did it take to model,map the city ?

RorrKonn
http://www.Atomic-3D.com

juanjgon
12-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Hi,

Thank you four your comments ....
Here is other lighting test ... now in WIP, of night view ....

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_3.jpg

Regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

riki
12-12-2003, 04:01 AM
really excellent work

cg-freak
12-12-2003, 04:23 AM
Right On Juanjgon! You rock.

I really like this night render very much. Gives a whole new feel to the scene. GREAT WORK!!!!

Happy renderings,

Gerard

starbase1
12-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Flags look a little stiff, otherwise perfect.

Have you considered doing scenes for a cvisualisation of "Dune"? Your style is ideally suited to such a project!

Nick

bloontz
12-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Exttremely nice stuff!!!

Alan Daniels
12-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Absolutely stunning. EXCELLENT work!

Btw, did you you SasLite for the marsh grass, or full blown Sasquatch?

renderingfarmer
12-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Wow juanjgon, you just keep pumping out consistantly fabulous work. Now, my being fairly new to this board, I've only seen 3 or 4 or your recent works, is there some earlier stuff I could check out somewhere?

Avenger
12-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Wow..... your soo nuts its not even funny! :D... everything you produce is absolutely stunning... great work!!

kuik2c
12-12-2003, 09:44 PM
:D cool and very nice pict!!!
I like the night scene more, maybe some warm light inside some building will be nice, will make the reflection of water more intersting.

Amazing!

juanjgon
12-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Thank you to all for your comments ... here is an evolution of night scene with some volumetrics and other sky ...

I hope you like it ...

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_4.jpg

Regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

cathuria
12-14-2003, 08:34 AM
3.9 milion poly's -- you're my hero:D

Lovely scenes all of them, but I agree that the first shot is the best composition.

starbase1
12-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Love the final night scene, awesome, atmospheric work.

Tony suggestion, the red thing floating in the water looks a bit too shiny compared with the rest...

Nick

Fardak
01-04-2004, 06:54 AM
Beautiful Pics!! For some reason the first night scene looks like a miniature scale city. (the updated night scene is not loading for some reason) Put some people or animals in to give a sense of scale. The day shots look fine, scale-wise. Obviously this is just my opinion. I may be way off.

From the Brink of Insanity,
Fardak

Fardak
01-04-2004, 06:59 AM
aaaaah, there we go, the second one loaded up and it looks awesome! Maybe it was the lack of fog etc. that made it look too perfect or maybe the light was too high on the tower to the left? oh well, looks awesome!!

Keep it up, man, we're rooting for you!

-EsHrA-
01-04-2004, 08:34 AM
excellent juanjgon!
of the first 2 i like the first view beter, kinda more comfortable on the eyes :)

i really dig the cartoony feel it has but if i had this object i'd definatly try a real hdri render just to see how it would look as kinda realworld object and lightning.

the last night pic u did with fog over water allready looks more 'real' > touchable.

did u use radiosity/hdri at-all?

keep up the good worx man ! :) always an inspiration.

Cheers,

mlon

-EsHrA-
01-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by starbase1
Love the final night scene, awesome, atmospheric work.

Tony suggestion, the red thing floating in the water looks a bit too shiny compared with the rest...

Nick

errrm.. :) that red thingy is his logo...

mlon

Zio
01-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Holy Crap!

Beautiful work! Amazing detail!

Myself, I love the night scenes. But I have an idea on how to improve them. I just came from Las Vegas and I did a lot of walking around looking at the lights at night... One thing I noticed about the design work around the casenos is the use of light. They place lights strategically under trees, incolves of structures, ect...

Just an idea...

Great work!

quantumcreative
01-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Sir, I have to tell you, you do some of the most incredible architectural work I have ever seen! You must have a system from hell (or heaven, cuz I'd be in dreamland if I could process something akin to the work you do)!!

Bravo!

Hervé
01-06-2004, 01:22 AM
this is great, for some reason it looks like the entire set is a huge theatre stage or inside a studio set for a movie shot..., it has the feel like if the lighting was from actually real projectors or HMI's, I realllllyyyyy like that feel.... one word... WOAW !! bravo !

Hervé

miso popovic
01-06-2004, 04:00 AM
how long did it take you to model all that!:) is there any tehnique you use to do it faster?

juanjgon
01-07-2004, 03:42 AM
Hi ...

Thank you to everybody for your comments and ideas :) ... i use all of them to improve my future works ...

I have no exact idea about time i use to make this scene, because i make it in my free time ... but i supouse that perhaps 50 or 60 hours of hard work .... there is no secret to model faster ... i think that it is only a lot of years of experiece and work ...

Regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

colkai
01-08-2004, 05:10 AM
If I worked all day for a year, I don't think I'd get anywhere near that quality.
Excellent work, I can only add my admiration to that already given.

Hervé
01-08-2004, 05:24 AM
Dont you exagerate a bit Colkai...? a year ?? fact is you have to work steady..... ( I dont either... huh... work steady...)

colkai
01-08-2004, 07:29 AM
Well, yeah, *slight* exaggeration ;)