PDA

View Full Version : Object Concept: Speedy Catamaran

cg-freak
12-11-2003, 04:51 AM
Concept of a fantasy catamaran, hope to finish it of with more detail one day, but thought it's nice to show some renders already.

Hope you like it.

Grtzzzz...and happy holidays:)

CG-Freak

http://members.chello.nl/~g.dekker4/public/speedcat.jpg

renatolazzaroni
12-11-2003, 06:30 AM
Good model, very smooth.
A couple of comments, though. The chrome parts look a little bit odd. Like chrome over plastic.
Also, as a general comment, I would give it sharper edges, especially to the main side floaters. A speed boat (the way I see it, anyway), should be like a blade that opens the water.
But as I said, I like the model.

Renato

cg-freak
12-11-2003, 07:29 AM
Thank you Renato,

You're right about the edges, will work that out in the final version, this is just a concept for the shape and feel of a speedy waterthingy, hehe...

About the chrome look, this render is supposed to look like a plastic rc-model, kept it oversaturated and gave it a bit of a glowy finish to achieve this.

Glad you like the model sofar and thanx again.

Grtzzzz...

Gerard

starbase1
12-12-2003, 10:42 AM
Nice overall shape - glad to hear you are going to sort out the edges - the same very rounded bits everywhere make it look like its inflated, or a bit toy like...

Nick

cg-freak
12-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Remodelled a bit, what do you think?

Grtzzz...:)

http://members.chello.nl/~g.dekker4/public/speedcat2.jpg

starbase1
12-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Coming along, still needs some sharp edges urgently...

Nick

Zarathustra
12-15-2003, 11:13 AM
hope to finish it of with more detail one day

Great. Maybe THEN you can post in the "Finished" forum.

Moderators: Please move to the WIP forum

veljko
12-15-2003, 12:30 PM
great object!

how did you get thoes cool reflections?

cg-freak
12-15-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey Zara, keep your head :cool: man...glad you like it anyway...;)

The basic shape is complete and the render is supposed to be a plastic toy and is finished.

But I admit that I like the idea of this boat so much that I probably (not in the near future) will re-model it completely with more detail to make it look like a real-life Freakin SpeedCat.

Thank you Veljko: the reflections are pretty standard from LightWave. In your images/hdr folder there's a picture called building_probe.hdr.
I used this one as a backdrop or as a reflection map.:)

Grtzzz:D :D :D

http://members.chello.nl/~g.dekker4/public/speedcat_water.jpg

glassefx
12-17-2003, 08:57 AM
Freak where is the damn prop dude?

LOL! I really dig the shape of this. My family used to race boats so I am attracted to them. Seriously, is it prop driven or does it have a a thrust like a jet-ski?

I think it would look wicked in some really good cg-water that is wavy to depect off-shore ocean conditions and paint the mother red.

Remi
12-17-2003, 09:14 AM
A different color would greatly help this out IMO...it looks great and I love the curviness of it....great work:)

cg-freak
12-18-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey glassman, the prop is missing 'cause the plastic thingy in fact is not ready for the water Jet:D

No serious now, it is supposed to be driven by these two or maybe just one gigantic jet-engines. But that's intended for the non-toy model, wich is not ready Jet :) and probably never will be:o

And just for you man I rendered this mother in Red but still not in a rough cg-ocean, I'm not that good.

Oh and Remi, hope you like it better in this color then;)

Anyway..thanks guys:D

Grtzzzz...

CG-Freak

http://members.chello.nl/~g.dekker4/public/speedcats.JPG

riki
12-18-2003, 05:14 PM
I like the diff colours. But think it looks like a small toy in terms of scale.

julos
12-18-2003, 10:51 PM
i too like the colors, but the views you show are not too flatering maybe you should show it a little more from above.

glassefx
12-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Thanx Freak... I like the red better, but I was envisioning a darker red, not un-like Ferrari's Red. But since you did it for me I can't complain. LOL! You are the dude who did that alien not to far a'back? If you are then I must say you are good enough to model some chaotic water. If not, you could learn. LOL.

C-Ya Bro

Dave3D
12-22-2003, 03:25 PM
Really good work

would it be posiable to get a copy of the reflection map that you have used, on the first images?

Dave:D

cg-freak
12-23-2003, 04:25 AM
Sure Dave, here it comes...