PDA

View Full Version : visual node based lscirpt editor

KillMe
12-10-2003, 09:20 PM
ok its a abit out there as idea go but got my idea from the new expresion editor - how about creatinga load of preset programing commands with ncie easy names then then working it intoa node based system so that we can visually think out what we want to happen and let the program worry about getting all teh code right? hell i LOVE that - cource it might not be possible on the other hand it might jstu be to much work but it might revolionse programming =) hehe ok maybe not but i would think a relevant set coudl eb created for lightwave stuff etc giving you maybe not all but some of the capabilities of lscirpt

Mylenium
12-11-2003, 02:57 AM
I don't think it woulkd be any good for "real" programming. You can live with such a system for expressions since the number of possible combinations is limited, but nort real programming. How would you define variables and user functions for instance? Instead they should leave LScript the way it is, but integrate the editor and debugger directly into LW so you don't need to switch between programs plus you could test immediately.

Mylenium

evenflcw
12-11-2003, 04:37 AM
I agree with Mylenium. Something like this would probably only work for simple scripts aswell and Modeler Lscript is easy enough to learn that you could just aswell write them yourself.
An integrated Editor/command line and Debugger would be very nice! It would help alot when you just want to create a temporary script for repeating tasks.