PDA

View Full Version : Rendering 360 video w/Ubercam & GI: flickering illumination?

jeric_synergy
03-16-2016, 08:05 PM
I'm rendering a 360 video with most of the illumination happening w/GI and some >100% luminescent polys. There's a wall that's flickering as the camera flies slowly by it-- on/off by frame.

What's the cure for that kind of thing?

Thanks.

Danner
03-17-2016, 03:06 AM
Turn on Cache, set a name, set the frame steps to 15 (lower if your camera is really fast) and click on Bake Radiosity scene. After that is done, change the cache to Locked. Save, f10

Danner
03-17-2016, 03:36 AM
I just saw in your other post that you have animated things on your scene other than the camera. In this case you must turn animation on in global illumination pannel, and the cache pass takes a long time if you do, but it will be solid. Your other alternative is to use a ton of rays per evaluation and forget cache completely. Both methods will get you there but neither is the best, it depends on the scene. Clean animated GI is painfully slow either way.

jeric_synergy
03-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Thanks Danner. I'm pretty stupid about render settings, not to mention my attention span for such stuff is minuscule, so I very much appreciate the guidance.