PDA

View Full Version : Want to apologize

mamurphy
12-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Edit: I was apologizing for starting the video training comparison thread, but based on everyone's replys....I take it back!:D

I would think that as a community we could get along a little better. Especially the entreprenuers. Competition is what makes capitalism great. Hopefully our local video trainers would appreciate the other's hard work and love of Lightwave and encourage each other to keep pushing the edge of excellence for the benefit of the community.

I did find great humor in a lot of the thread, but unfortunately it all fell apart.

-Joy to the world. Peace. Good will toward men.

object
12-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Lightwave is all about big scary monsters, maybe one of them will eat Santa Claus.

hrgiger
12-10-2003, 08:21 PM
mamurphy,

It is probably us that should apologize for turning the thread that way, but certainly not you. You should not be afraid to ask for help or guidance.

I hope you find what you're looking for with Lightwave. Most of the time, it's a pretty friendly place around here.

mamurphy
12-10-2003, 08:25 PM
lol.

I know. this place is great.:)

I love LW and that's why I want to learn to use it as well as I can.

Someday you'll see my name in the credits to a blockbuster film and I will have LW and this beautiful community to give credit to.:rolleyes:

lol again!

archiea
12-10-2003, 08:34 PM
yeah, and some day I'll be Mrs. America....
:rolleyes:

Just kidding...

You don't have to apologize. It was a bit of a trial by fire. Important thing is that you got both authors to comment on their product and our feedback. You will learn to filter out the crap, or just laugh yourself out of your chair the way I do...

Don;t give up on us now.....:(

SplineGod
12-10-2003, 08:44 PM
mamurphy,
Dont apologize for what other people do. :)
You had a legitimate question and some people cant take the heat. The same group of people always show almost as if on cue to cause problems that didnt exist. Some only show up to fan the flames. Its unfortunate but true. You would think that people would know better. :rolleyes:

w_will
12-10-2003, 08:52 PM
I for one enjoyed "some" of the discussion your thread started. You didn't do anything wrong, and I hope a couple of bad apples haven't soured you to the idea of posting on this forum.

meatycheesyboy
12-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Because I like to be part of the 'action' I just went over a read the topic in question. To me even the 'bad' posters weren't all that bad. I can definately see the thread digressing but I think the closure was a little premature at te stage it was at.

Then again, I'm glad to see the moderators actually moderating. Good job guys.

meatycheesyboy
12-10-2003, 08:59 PM
oh and mamurphy, everyone is right, you have nothing to apologize about.

dablan
12-10-2003, 10:21 PM
No worries mamurphy -
I'm online all the time, and although I've been accused of not posting enough on these forums, finding the time is sometimes difficult.

As many users will tell you - you can almost always get me by email, so feel free if you need any help.

Happy Holidays.

That goes for you too Larry! Merry Christmas.

MadMax
12-10-2003, 10:24 PM
Absolutely no need to apologize mamurphy.

This happens everytime a post appears with someone asking about training materials, and will likely continue until hell freezes over.

Most of us have gotten used to it.

SplineGod
12-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Yes, you too Dan.

Have a good holiday everyone. :)

dablan
12-10-2003, 10:53 PM
And that wasn't "backdoor politics" either -

I'm not such a bad guy - really!

Everyone have a good relaxing holiday.

riki
12-11-2003, 03:44 AM
I'm sure people say a lot of things in these threads that they wouldn't say to your face.

I hope nothng I said was taken as offensive.