PDA

View Full Version : NDI now available??

AMathews16
03-16-2016, 09:56 AM
So is AE NDI now available? On Newtek's site it has an update for AE ready Version 4-0-160315.

SBowie
03-16-2016, 10:08 AM
What I can say about this is ... Woohoo! :D

I will add that we are still making a few last minute additions to the AE content. The updater asks whether you want to install content or not. Since there are no 'show stopper' bugifxes in the content update, my suggestion to those anxious to get going with 4-0 is to hold off on doing the content update until tomorrow morning.

AMathews16
03-16-2016, 10:22 AM
AWESOME! I will hold off till then.

SBowie
03-16-2016, 11:04 AM
So, this is apparently a 'soft launch', which means no big splashy announcements from our Marketing wizards at this time ... so, no drum roll, and what follows below is not an official announcement. I just had some stray pixels laying around, and they seem to have mysteriously organized themselves into something with a random semblance to URLs. I wonder where they lead ...

NewTek.com/support/documentation
Store.NewTek.com
NDI.NewTek.com

ACross
03-16-2016, 04:06 PM
ps. The reason for no "splashy announcements" is that this is the biggest update we have ever made. There are more new things than we've ever done before ... Completely new workflow in AE-2 (for MINI, MINI SDI, 410 460, 860, 8000), NDI tools, NDI Connect, NDI Connect PRO, NDI ISOcorder, NDI ISOcorder PRO, the SDK, new builds of 2-5 and 3-2 (each for MINI, MINI SDI, 410 460, 860, 8000), new virtual sets, new version of LiveText (with full NDI support), new version of VSE, new version of TalkShow, and a few other smaller things that I've probably forgotten. Not to mention that every part of this works with over 200 other companies applications that will support NDI.

We want this all online and working right before we make the splashy announcements. Read through that list of things we are releasing again if you do not think we are doing big things ... and there is more cool stuff coming.

Red Dog Records
03-16-2016, 09:41 PM
What I can say about this is ... Woohoo! :D

I will add that we are still making a few last minute additions to the AE content. The updater asks whether you want to install content or not. Since there are no 'show stopper' bugifxes in the content update, my suggestion to those anxious to get going with 4-0 is to hold off on doing the content update until tomorrow morning.

So... tomorrow is anytime after midnight, right?
Is that midnight, Texas time?

how about now?
how bout now?

;)

Congratulations! We are thrilled that it is now available!
Thanks for the awesome work you do back at the mother ship. (San Antonio)

Andrew

ACross
03-16-2016, 09:46 PM
I would not worry about the updating the content if you have the bandwidth. Its a big download, but we now auto-detect when there are changes to the versions online and offer to download them then. When you click "Check for updates" in AE2 it will let you know if your content and your software are up to date. Actually ... I think all of our products do that as of now, or at least as of very soon.

Andrew

AMathews16
03-17-2016, 06:38 AM
(each for MINI, MINI SDI, 410 460, 860, 8000), new virtual sets, new version of LiveText (with full NDI support), new version of VSE, new version of TalkShow, and a few other smaller things that I've probably forgotten. Not to mention that every part of this works with over 200 other companies applications that will support NDI.

Andrew,

Does this latest update to NDI include an updated version to VSE? Currently I have 2.5. Will this be 3.0? I'm also sure that at some point in the future, Tricaster will be able to allow for 3D virtual sets and 3D movement.

Thanks!!